Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Think it will be a great shame if someone middle of the road player ends up winning 4 or more grand slams in the next 10 years when Murray has only won 3 just because he played in the same era as the three of best players of all time, if not the best.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Straight sets win for Felix over Andy.

Had a tenner on the Felix white wash.

Murray in no condition to be playing for nearly five hours and taking on a top 32 player two days later in another five setter at the moment.

That said Felix made it more comfortable than I thought he would, very impressive performance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Didn’t mean to hit her, but he did intentionally hit the ball out of frustration. 

It was weird though as the first ball he hit back to the ball person he did so gently, and then he suddenly blasted that second ball straight after. Either way, just so irresponsible. 

I'm no tennis expert, and haven't heard of this rule, bit that didn't even look in anger, just knocking to the back of the court. 

The French guy who beat Dan Evans the other day was blasting balls around all over the shop.

Bit disappointed it was so innocuous tbh 🤣

4 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

I'm no tennis expert, and haven't heard of this rule, bit that didn't even look in anger, just knocking to the back of the court. 

The French guy who beat Dan Evans the other day was blasting balls around all over the shop.

I thought so at first, but when you see it at full speed he really hit the ball so hard. Maybe it wasn't him acting in anger at that point, but it was extremely irresponsible. I don't think he really tried to argue against it either. 

5 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Accident or not, you hit a line judge or someone of that nature with a ball, instant disqualification.

I forgot the player, but someone hit an umpire right in the eye with a ball a few years back, same result.

Just now, kingfox said:

Accident or not, you hit a line judge or someone of that nature with a ball, instant disqualification.

I forgot the player, but someone hit an umpire right in the eye with a ball a few years back, same result.

Shapovalov in the Davis Cup vs Edmund. Can still see Dan Evans pissing himself laughing.

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Shapovalov against GB in the Davis Cup when he was only just breaking through on tour. I think it caused the umpire permanent damage, but by all accounts he really took responsibility afterwards. 

4 minutes ago, kingfox said:

I assume that's when the ball isn't live in play yeah?

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

Yeah! Otherwise someone like John Isner wouldn't have had a very long career! 

That's what I was thinking. Just watched the shapovalov one, fair play he was apologetic immediately and no arguments with the decision.

Sounds like Novak tried to negotiate himself outta it and was pretty pissed off, although his initial reaction was to go and apologise.

Just now, RobHawk said:

That's what I was thinking. Just watched the shapovalov one, fair play he was apologetic immediately and no arguments with the decision.

Sounds like Novak tried to negotiate himself outta it and was pretty pissed off, although his initial reaction was to go and apologise.

I just wince thinking about the Shapovalov one - he hit that ball so hard and it went bang centre into his eye. 

Early on in their discussion I thought I heard Novak say 'so I have to be defaulted then' as though he accepted it. The length of the conversation was very strange though.