Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Football Manager 2009

After winning the Championship first time of asking, managed to finish 10th first season in the prem with Wednesday :cool: . Targetting Gignac and a keeper in the summer to add to a really solid team. Zuculini and Carioca are class acts ;) .

Went on holiday for a season and kept reloding until FC United came up.

I think it's so much more fun starting at the bottom, I must have had scout reports done on over 100 players at the start of the season.

Had a cracking first season after I finally sorted the away form out.

Made it to he First round of the FA Cup and lost 2-0 away at Milwall.

FCUnitedBSN.jpg

I spent just 1k on a goalie because all the free transfer 'keepers I scouted were useless at best.

Kyle Wilson (16 finishing, 5 composure though lol) was a beast 30 goals in 44 in all comps, he was already here when I took over too. :o

FCUnitedSquad.jpg

Mcgivern and Ellis were my best signings, both free, Ellis has to potential to become a good league One striker. (16 JP Scout, best I could get :cry: )

So my memory took some more bashing but ive settled in nicely with newcastle, 20 games played, 20 games unbeaten. :)

Signings:

Nial Mcginn

Fabio

Mcindoe

Jonathan Pereira

Juan Carlos Mensuegez

Ferrie Bodde

Adam Lallana

Outs:

Jonas

Barton

5m each.

Have you done that?

:dunno: It wouldn't exactly be difficult nor would it really imply you were good at the game, it would just take more season than taking - say - Plymouth to the Champions League.

End of the day, this is a very easy game. The ease of getting decent players on free transfers and the impact of good tactics and team talks means everything's basically possible over time.

:dunno: It wouldn't exactly be difficult nor would it really imply you were good at the game, it would just take more season than taking - say - Plymouth to the Champions League.

End of the day, this is a very easy game. The ease of getting decent players on free transfers and the impact of good tactics and team talks means everything's basically possible over time.

What would make you good at the game then?

What would make you good at the game then?

I'm not entirely sure it's possible to be that good at the game. There's very limited variables. Football Manager doesn't test skill, intelligence or reflexes - most of us work out a formula fairly early on and stick with it in every load.

I guess if you consistently beat other succesful people on multiplayer games you could be considered "good" at the game. But single player FM is incredibly easy.

It's actually harder to pull off being shit at FM, tbh. But then some people still manage, eh LD3?

I'm not entirely sure it's possible to be that good at the game. There's very limited variables. Football Manager doesn't test skill, intelligence or reflexes - most of us work out a formula fairly early on and stick with it in every load.

I guess if you consistently beat other succesful people on multiplayer games you could be considered "good" at the game. But single player FM is incredibly easy.

It's actually harder to pull off being shit at FM, tbh. But then some people still manage, eh LD3?

Suppose you are right.

What I would say though is that it is still an achievement to get a lower league team to winning the Champions League and not something to be shrugged off just because the game seems easy...

lol your such a killjoy, you were like this when I had my wales game :P.

:cry:

lol your such a killjoy, you were like this when I had my wales game :P.

lol Sorry. I'm just a bit fed up of FM. I keep trying to play it, trying to give myself a challenge.

I just struggle to find it difficult. =P And, obviously, having played as Wales about ten bzillion times I'm fairly handy with the o'Cymru. ;)

lol Sorry. I'm just a bit fed up of FM. I keep trying to play it, trying to give myself a challenge.

I just struggle to find it difficult. =P And, obviously, having played as Wales about ten bzillion times I'm fairly handy with the o'Cymru. ;)

I really need a challenge, im all about FM until 2am this morning, someone please come up with a class challenge for me.

Just won a treble (Spanish League, Spanish Super Cup and Copa del Rey) with Valencia in the first season (multiplayer game of course). I was ever so close to going the league season unbeaten as well, but lost to Real Madrid away right after I had clinched the title. Typical complacency issue there. Still, ended with 97 points, so I'm happy.

But then again, I've never played such a strong team from the start, and only added a bit of depth with Pogrebnyak, Soriano, Burdisso, D'Agostino, Alexis Sanchez and Bratu. Worked like a charm

Archived