Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Football Manager 2009

Don't know what it is but I just can't seem to not be manager of Leicester... whenever I start a game with someone else, I see the manager of Leicester not doing well enough and then I just want to take over and make sure they do it right... so then I start again... with Leicester! lol

• 2 weeks later...
I never really like managing Leicester. I usually end up having fairly long games with Arsenal or Newcastle. On FM08 I'm enjoying Atletico Madrid and Fenerbahce so may give them a go.

Since FM '05 I've been Atletico on every single one :whistle: .

Some more new features:

1. Distance tracker- shows how much your player's have run and how hard are they working. (In kilometers or miles)

2. Improved team reports- Your assistant manager will prepare detailed team reports and will higlight the weakness in the squad and suggest player's you may buy to strengthen.

3. Changes in team Awards- overall history of team awards will be available.

4. More options while going on holidays regarding job applications( Top half, bottom half clubs etc...)

5. Player Ratings- players playing for less than 10 minutes on coming on as substitutues DO NOT get rated so that their average ratings do not go down.

6. Feeder Clubs- Once you have gained the trust of your Boardroom you can ask the board for a SPECIFIC feeder club/parent club!

7. Ability to Loan players will be improved. Specific details can be sent to clubs asking them to loan players.

8. Stadium Expansion will now begin at the END of a season so that the stadium with improved capacity is ready by the time the season kicks off.

9. In countries like Spain where clubs have their own "B" teams, these teams will not be regarded as feeder clubs anymore but shall be seen as affiliated clubs.

10. Agent Transfer rules...not really sure about this...

Example: French Choker/Joker rule. Anyone know what that is?

Warning: If you hate bragging, please do not read below

I start work at SI in November as a Graphic Artist. I am now playing the latest build of FM09 at home.

Life's good.

;)

Sitting at home playing football manager and you're getting paid?

I should be a bloody millionaire by now then!

Never mind lifes good,what fm09 like?

Looks good, still got plenty of time to fix a couple of things. People shouldn't be disapointed.

Sitting at home playing football manager and you're getting paid?

I should be a bloody millionaire by now then!

I'm not getting paid yet, I'm willing to do it for free ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea when its released, but it should be real soon.

Heres some news ive copied and pasted from a forum;

Retired squad numbers - You can retire squad numbers after a number of years a players been at the club but the number was not revealed. Also any squad number retired in real life will be retired in the game ie Man City 23 in memory of Marc Viven Foe and West Ham number 6 for Bobby Moore.

Inactive team improved - If you do not select a league any player in that league will now play the full season and the number of games will be correct in thier history instead of playing 10-15 games.

Player nationality improved - Real life nationality laws for different countries changed so they are correct with real life. ie A player can qualify for national citzenship after 2 seasons but cannot play for the national team for another 2 years instead of just being 4 years to become a national of the country they play in.

Referee watch - Pundits comment during the post game analysis on how refs performed during the game.

Pre game injury history - Players injury history from real life is in the game where possible ie major injuries

New sound effects - Not revealed but adds effect to match engine

Ability to reject all loan offers - You can now reject all loans offers from different clubs for one player instead of rejecting them individual.

They've also been working on a new 3D match engine for 3 years apparently, which looks good. So it should be a big improvement on FM2008.

ssssji5.png

Cant wait! :chant:

Archived