Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Football Manager 2009

Who will everyone start as?

I'm gonna start as Man Utd or someone to get used to it and then go into a career game with Leicester :cool:

I'd never start as the best team, but then I can see why people do.

I'm never the easiest team on the game, always much more fulfilling to take a shite team from the lower leagues through all the division, and therefore you experience each division upon promotion.

But then I get way too involved in my games.

I'd never start as the best team, but then I can see why people do.

I'm never the easiest team on the game, always much more fulfilling to take a shite team from the lower leagues through all the division, and therefore you experience each division upon promotion.

But then I get way too involved in my games.

Haha You dont say :thumbup:

Cant wait, pre ordered it already. 3/D looks awesome, Im actually going to get good at this one ive decided.

When I purchase it I think I will start with Leicester then move on to one of the promoted Premier League teams.

I wonder how many people will be Man City now?

I dont see the coolness in that, I like starting near the bottom and working myself up. But usually you just end up managing 3 different league two teams in 2 years.

Anybody knwo when the ps3 or psp version are gonna be released!! I will basically take the whole month off and jizz off the game!!

I think the mrs and kids will divorce me!!

Anybody knwo when the ps3 or psp version are gonna be released!! I will basically take the whole month off and jizz off the game!!

SI have confirmed that there will not be any console releases this year due to the unpopularity of the Xbox version last year.

I always start with Blue Square North/South clubs and try for a career game.

This version has seen me successful at Nuneaton, Brighton, AC Milan and with England. Just resigned as Milan boss after winning the 2025 European Cup, so now only in charge of the England side, and want a return for England. Leicester have just been promoted to the Premier League, so I'm hoping they struggle so that I can declare an interest and make something happen there.

I always start with Blue Square North/South clubs and try for a career game.

This version has seen me successful at Nuneaton, Brighton, AC Milan and with England. Just resigned as Milan boss after winning the 2025 European Cup, so now only in charge of the England side, and want a return for England. Leicester have just been promoted to the Premier League, so I'm hoping they struggle so that I can declare an interest and make something happen there.

For some reason I've not done too much with small clubs on 2008, I usually do.

I've won the Premiership with Leicester in 2013, as well as 4 League Cups in a row and a Champions League Semi Final. I've won 15 cups in 4 seasons with Arsenal, containing a season where I won 7 trophies/cups. And I got back to back promotions with Swansea to the Premiership but then got relegated first season. >_<

On 2009, I'm going to start with Leicester, once I get bored of that I'm gonna have a game with Luton, AFC Wimbledon and Man Utd/Man City/Arsenal and some foreign team that I've not decided yet. :chant:

Can't wait.

With a 3D engine, you'd have to program in so many moves (?) for each player that it would have to end up being infinitely better than Pro Evo/FIFA.

From what I've read, its not done using premade bits of footage like really old management games did, its got the same AI underneath it (well, from FML anyway), but is just replacing the blobs with little 3d models of guys running about. Essentially, it could look quite clunky if the animation of the players is bad, but they'll be doing the same range of stuff with the same level of intelligence (for good and bad) as they do in 2D mode. Its not going to be like the difference between text and 2d which can be a bit noticable.

In theory the difference between doing it well and doing it badly is that if done well it would look like Pro Evo or FIFA, if done badly it would look like Actua Soccer, but shouldn't actually have any impact on what happens on the pitch because the game can already calculate who goes where at what point, its just a case of making the motion of the players look pretty.

They have been working at the 3D for a long time now do they say.

They said they were hoping for a 3D release for FM2008 but it didn't come so they've had over a year to improve it.

They also said the match engine is the same that is in FM Live so it's had extensive testing already and people are happy with it.

Should be very good then :) :)

:@ That's cus the xbox version was shit!!!

Thank goodness it's out on the PSP, who said the PSP was shit!!! <_<

The PSP version was class! So quick and straightforward to play

I'm always dog with big teams, I think I've only tried Man Utd and Chelsea very briefly in three years of playing it. It's all about League One/Two.

There shall be some epic net games going on too.

Yeah a career game I usually start with Lincoln and work my way up but its easier to get promoted in lower leagues

Archived