Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Football Manager 2009

I reckon you'll decide whether to use it on installation. I think it'll be an optional install and if you don't want it you don't install it and you use the 2D one.

It sounds like they've had it in development for ages, maybe they'll pull it off?

To be fair that 3D match engine could be unbelievably good, just from the glimpse on the YouTube video.

Does look slick, doesn't it.

I reckon they've had this in development since 2005 at least. I still forsee patch after patch though.

Does look slick, doesn't it.

I reckon they've had this in development since 2005 at least. I still forsee patch after patch though.

They might be working on the premise of whether a) the graphics are good enough and b) it's as good as the 2D engine for identifying mistakes you've made or improving things etc.

For me, I'd add c) using the 2D engine they've been able to make it resemble a football match in the sense that it seems like anything can happen. With a 3D engine, you'd have to program in so many moves (?) for each player that it would have to end up being infinitely better than Pro Evo/FIFA.

I don't know how they're going to pull it off. I've seen 3D engines for management games before for replays, say, and they've only programmed in 10 or 20 types of goal and after a while you get sick of seeing the same goals being scored over and over, if that makes sense.

Interesting times. The "work in progress" bit suggests they're still not sure whether to go with it? Unless it has been confirmed somewhere.

They might be working on the premise of whether a) the graphics are good enough and b) it's as good as the 2D engine for identifying mistakes you've made or improving things etc.

For me, I'd add c) using the 2D engine they've been able to make it resemble a football match in the sense that it seems like anything can happen. With a 3D engine, you'd have to program in so many moves (?) for each player that it would have to end up being infinitely better than Pro Evo/FIFA.

I don't know how they're going to pull it off. I've seen 3D engines for management games before for replays, say, and they've only programmed in 10 or 20 types of goal and after a while you get sick of seeing the same goals being scored over and over, if that makes sense.

Interesting times. The "work in progress" bit suggests they're still not sure whether to go with it? Unless it has been confirmed somewhere.

No that's potentially a good shout, there's no written confirmation anywhere.

Balls... I was hoping I'd start the FM 2009 thread as I did the 08 one... never mind. :)

The announcement was rubbish... was just people talking about the game which is no use at all... the only thing that was slightly interesting was the 3D match engine which will either be a massive hit, or be a complete disaster... I personally like the dots but if the 3D engine is good, I may be swayed. It'd have to be very good though.

The announcement was rubbish... was just people talking about the game which is no use at all... the only thing that was slightly interesting was the 3D match engine which will either be a massive hit, or be a complete disaster... I personally like the dots but if the 3D engine is good, I may be swayed. It'd have to be very good though.

It was called "Part 1" for a reason you know.......

2D mode will still be available BTW.

Basic marketing? :dunno:

Pointless then... the information on the game is all that we need to know about... hearing that they have someone who used to work in football helping them out does not make me want to buy the game... hearing about the changes does.

Pointless then... the information on the game is all that we need to know about... hearing that they have someone who used to work in football helping them out does not make me want to buy the game... hearing about the changes does.

You'll still buy the game. And moaning about it is just free publicity for them.

Look, we're still talking about it.

Still.

Free publicity.

Sports Interactive.

Football Manager 2009.

Still.

Suspense, build up, introduction to non-fans. Can't see why you are moaning.

I enjoyed the 1st video, especially seeing how tidy Miles's office looked in comparison to the way it looked yesterday :D

Suspense, build up, introduction to non-fans. Can't see why you are moaning.

I enjoyed the 1st video, especially seeing how tidy Miles's office looked in comparison to the way it looked yesterday :D

Suspense and build up!?! It's seriously not that exciting... plus, to have 10 minutes of him rambling on about nothing to do with the game is pretty boring so the second part is the only bit I needed to watch really. :)

What WILL be exciting is the demo and then the actual release... THAT is worth getting excited about.

Archived