Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Football Manager 2009

Nah. I've never bought a Football Manager / Champ Manager game in my life.

I'm an EA man.

You sir need to sort it out.

Get FM this year and you'll see what you have been missing out on all these years :P

I've been on FM, borrowed from a mate, and thought it was quite good.

It's just my brother buys FIFA MAnager and I can't see the point in having a tonne of manager games.

You should talk your bro round.

To be fair, from the screen shots the match engine is wank compared to Fifas.

To be fair, FIFA Manager can rely on EA's 3D-Engine dating back to... 1996? And the 3D-mode has always been an integral part of that game, not so for FM.

I once owned Anstoss! 2 Gold, one of the best German-based football simulation that ever existed (in my humble opinion). The in-game graphics were shite, but it didn't matter to me - how it felt like managing and playing, that's what it's all about.

Btw, I've played the last FIFA Manager (08) myself and I wasn't overly impressed. In fact, I thought it was wank.

To be fair, from the screen shots the match engine is wank compared to Fifas.

FIFA Manager is great....if you think deciding on what your managers children will be called and building Girls Boarding schools in your grounds It's not a management game, it's a spin-off of FIFA that looks pretty but plays awfully and unrealistically.

As for the match engine, yes FIFA looks better but it is bound to. SI, at the moment, are only concentrating on getting the match engine acting realistically not looking realistic. Don't worry though, when I start work there I've got loads of ideas to improve the way it looks, if I get any input in that side of things that is.

But why did they have to team up with Steam?! <_< :(

They aren't doing. They are allowing Steam to sell the game, and SI will get a cut of each game sold. That is just an extra option to be able to buy the game for people.

It isn't the only option, and it doesn't take away any other options.

And, as well as the normal ways, you are able to patch your FM with Steam regardless of if you bought the game with Steam. It'll be a lot faster than downloading from a torrent.

The demo is being released on the Saturday 1st November Midnight / 2nd November day. Available from Steam and the News of the World web site.

Good stuff, don't think I'll start a game with Leicester until the real copy comes out.

I've canceled my pre-order for this, I don't really have the money to be forking out for this so Im probably gonna wait 'till christmas time before I get it.

I'm going to pretend I didn't read this sense.

Archived