Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deathside

I saw this and I thought of you

Would you mind if I nicked them for my Website? http://www.davieg-gallery.limeo.co.uk/

On a completely different subject - can you help with this:

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...t&p=1229825

The replies run to a few pages, in spite of everyone's contribution I don't feel like i'm making progress

Filbo was where i spent my best childhood days . Theres a picture the mercury use from time to time showing the kop when it was standing and im climbing the fence in full song around the time i was 13 . Need to find that again .

I really do miss that place. I used to get excited for every match there, for years and years. Obviously, at the time, the move felt right, but I think we regret ridiculing it so much. It was unique, it was ours, it wasn't some plastic identikit bowl, it had real character and I'm still furious about the last season there, the old place deserved a much better send-off than that.

Filbert St holds so many memories for me, and I still walk past it and it's sad to see it ALL gone. As Sods said, it went too quickly.

My only regret is not to have witnessed the terracing, but apart from that, I loved every last part of it.

FILBERT ST- IT WAS OUR HOME

I'm crying.

Why can't someone invent a time machine quickly. They keep goin on about it but I'm fed up of waiting. My first stop would be that Monday night match live on sky against Tottenham (I think it was when Spurs were tryin to poach Martin but he told em where to stick it) so I can see Muzzy's goal again. Great night. I was on sky that night lookin into the Spurs fans givin em some banter.

My first match was a 1-1 against Millwall 1991 i think. Could of been '90 though. I went on train on me own from Burton and will never forget the feelin 1st time I walked into SK3. Great days Eddie, great days.

I always loved home matches when we played at filbo but now I always look forward to away ones more, even if we're goin somewhere really shite.

I vaguely remember some research being done in to the loudest fans in the Premiership. I can't remember who actually did the research, though it may have been Leicester Uni.

THE age-old debate about which club has the noisiest fans in English football is about to be solved scientifically.

Thanks to the wonders of modern technology, boffins are measuring the noise level at Premiership clubs.

Statistics may show that Manchester United are the best- supported club but, until chocolate bar manufacturer Yorkie - a Premier League sponsor - came along with their novel "Raise the Roof Challenge" there was no way to sort out the men from the noise.

Using state-of-the-art decibel monitors, 19 Premiership clubs - not Liverpool - are taking part, although Anfield fans are still being monitored on their travels.

And the first major surprise is that the early leaders are Leicester City, a club whose average attendance of just over 20,000 is one of the lowest in the top flight.

But when the decibel-counters went to Filbert Street for City's match against Chelsea in November they recorded a lung-busting 136 decibels from the home fans - louder than standing next to a fully revved-up Formula One racing car. Sadly, it didn't stop the Foxes slumping to a 4-2 defeat.

As befitting a competition run by Yorkie, Leeds United (133) and Sheffield Wednesday (131) are holding down second and third places. But Manchester United, despite the backing of 55,000 fans at every home match, could only manage a disappointing 124 decibels for joint fifth place

According to leading psychologist Dr David Lewis, noise levels are proven to enhance players' performance.

"The level of noise produced at a given ground can make a tremendous difference to the players," he says.

In 83 per cent of the matches surveyed, the home fans outshouted the away supporters. The loudest chants from visiting supporters came from the jubilant Arsenal army as they celebrated a 2-1 at Ewood Park in late October. The Gunners fans numbered only around 3,000 of the 27,012 crowd but Arsenal soared to a deafening 132 on the decibel count.

Link

I vaguely remember some research being done in to the loudest fans in the Premiership. I can't remember who actually did the research, though it may have been Leicester Uni.

Link

Yes I remember this well, cos I was braggin at work for about 3 years after. It was the Yorkie raise the roof thingie-bob (oh it says that in the piece :doh: )

In 83 per cent of the matches surveyed, the home fans outshouted the away supporters.

Link

I'd wager that % has plummeted further than we have since that research was done.

Link

I'd wager that % has plummeted further than we have since that research was done.

Probably the other way round now!

Miss the place :angry:

I am old enough to remember the terracing, crowd surges, things on fire etc, but not old enough to remember the police lining up to pack the crowd closer so we could fit some more in.

There does seem to be a lack of photos of the place; probably before any sociologists got interested.

The Mercury ought to have a few, but some wise boss probably had them destroyed.

I got one of City's relegation "party" at Oxford from a Mercury photographer who was throwing away ones that weren't going into the paper. Can clearly see myself and mate in among the hordes.

Nice pics, they should've kept part of the ground rather than knocking it all down, even if it was just the main entrance and sign as it had alot of memories for people. The atmosphere at Filbo was great, i sat in the family stand and you could hear the kop for most of the game.

Archived