Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Howard's goal

I don't claim to be a student of football procedure so how does the "Howard" goal go down?

Had Howard's shot just been whacked slightly wide of the goal and straight at the far post defender, only to be turned goalwards and in to the net, no problem... own goal.

But as I saw it Howard's shot was on target when it left his boot and was deflected twice - first by a defender close to Howard whose touch steered it wide to the second defender who turned it in.

By my reckoning that's Howard's goal but I'll stand correcting.

Howards Initial shot was on target, it then took a deflection, which sent it off target, and then hit another defender and slid into the back of the net.

Howard was clearly going for goal, it'll be harsh if the goal is taken away from him.

I'm sure that he will try and claim it. He is a striker after all.

But I was directly in line with the ball and it was flying at least a yard wide before the second deflection took it in.

Put it like this, I don't think bookies will pay out on any bets on him as first scorer.

What has he got to do to score? The guy gets very little luck, if any.

Like the majority on here, I would like it to be credited to big Steve. Early reports are suggesting that his shot was wide. I fear an OG coming.

I can imagine this being put down as an own goal. Whilst the initial shot was goal bound I would see the panel judging it as, seeing it like the keeper may have saved it, by taking the ricochet (sp) that would then take the ball out of play before the final ricochet (sp) leading to the goal?

Make sence? No, to me neither but there was a couple of ricochets (sp) in there anyway!

Edit: So it was Ricochets goal, what a player he would be! He sounds good anyway, I bet he's good on FM09!

It was never a goal for the lad - but the reaction afterwards was all his.

All his, all heart - all that we were missing last season, the one before and the one before that. True passion.

He bled for us last night, yet again. He fought, ran and passed his way to our victory. Howard really was immense and remembering his fists up Pearce-like "C'mon on!" to the travelling support is still sending shivers down my neck.

If you can put one man on a pedastle for our season so far - Howard is he.

It was never a goal for the lad - but the reaction afterwards was all his.

All his, all heart - all that we were missing last season, the one before and the one before that. True passion.

He bled for us last night, yet again. He fought, ran and passed his way to our victory. Howard really was immense and remembering his fists up Pearce-like "C'mon on!" to the travelling support is still sending shivers down my neck.

If you can put one man on a pedastle for our season so far - Howard is he.

He'd still struggle to score in a brothel in amsterdam though........ :whistle:

:D

He'd still struggle to score in a brothel in amsterdam though........ :whistle:

:D

There was more power in his header than the National Grid. When they start hitting the net goals are going to explode in grounds across the country.

BOOOOM! They'll go.

Archived