Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benjani

Has Milan Gone Mad?

I know there is a bit of a financial crisis going on, but since when has Milan turned his back on a money deal?

He's a shrude busnessman, so why not have a sponsor?

Seems a bit odd to me

I'd be willing to wager that there are not many good sponsorship deals to be had out there at the moment, and that someone at the club has worked out the revenue of selling more shirts vs not having a sponsor. I don't think we'll be hugely worse off as a result.

I know there is a bit of a financial crisis going on, but since when has Milan turned his back on a money deal?

Seems a bit odd to me

seems abit odd to me that most complain about embarrasing logo's on the shirt, and when we have the opportunity of having a 'real' shirt MIlans accused of being mad.

fair play to him

Cares about the club

125 year club anniversary

Give something back to us, the passionate fans.

It's not all about money.

It is and it isn't. You shouldn't really be so naive, money is the major factor here - this is all a marketing campaign.

But caring about the fans in itself is lucrative, the man's not an idiot, he's been doing this for years.

I'd be willing to wager that there are not many good sponsorship deals to be had out there at the moment, and that someone at the club has worked out the revenue of selling more shirts vs not having a sponsor. I don't think we'll be hugely worse off as a result.

Good call.

Seems a bit odd to me

No Benjani, he hasn't, I posted this in the shirts thread and it should answer your concern.....

I am willing to bet that the decision not to have a shirt sponsor for next season is not because LCFC are feeling all pink and fluffy about 125 years as a football club.

It's a business.

They want to sell shed loads of shirts and that has to be offset against potential income from a sponsor such as TOPPS TILES.

I am also willing to bet that on ratio, shirt sales from the past two seasons are down massively on the Alliance and Leicester era.

Why?

Because our current shirts look pants and are made clearly by the lowest bidder with the biggest margin for profit.

If they can publicise the new shirt, get the fans involved and sell potentially twice as many shirts in the 125th year and hopefully a promotion season for the club, methinks this'll earn more money in the short term as this strip will only be for a year and won't be re-cycled the following year. Also businesses want a two year minimum investment for shirt sponsorship and the climate is crap, so the deal from a sponsor may well be better in a years time when the markets are more healthy.

Q. How much profit do we make per shirt at RRP?

Q. How much was the TOPPS Tiles deal for and over how many years?

If we divided the money given by Topps into what it would be worth for one season and bear in mind it is likely that we sell more shirts the first season than the second season and then compare that with the sale of an extra say 10,000 shirts, with a new kit to be released with a sponsor the following season.......

The club aren't doing the fans a favour, its a brilliant way of selling more stuff.

This in mind, they need to ensure that the extra 10,000 shirts are sold.

Now, even if they go for Blank kit (makes sense) or 125 year strip, they have to realise that they are not going to sell extra strips with 'foxes forever' plastered across the front.

Keep voting blank anyway, but I don't think this football clubs marketing director is that furckin stupid.

N.

Well.....When we get promoted(i used to say if but meh i cba anymore) theres likely to be a buz with the fans,,, hence more season ticket sales... higher attendances.... more merchandise sales, so he has probably worked out that the sponsorship is a very small price to pay.... very well done by the still clever business man Milan.

No Benjani, he hasn't, I posted this in the shirts thread and it should answer your concern.....

I am willing to bet that the decision not to have a shirt sponsor for next season is not because LCFC are feeling all pink and fluffy about 125 years as a football club.

It's a business.

They want to sell shed loads of shirts and that has to be offset against potential income from a sponsor such as TOPPS TILES.

I am also willing to bet that on ratio, shirt sales from the past two seasons are down massively on the Alliance and Leicester era.

Why?

Because our current shirts look pants and are made clearly by the lowest bidder with the biggest margin for profit.

If they can publicise the new shirt, get the fans involved and sell potentially twice as many shirts in the 125th year and hopefully a promotion season for the club, methinks this'll earn more money in the short term as this strip will only be for a year and won't be re-cycled the following year. Also businesses want a two year minimum investment for shirt sponsorship and the climate is crap, so the deal from a sponsor may well be better in a years time when the markets are more healthy.

Q. How much profit do we make per shirt at RRP?

Q. How much was the TOPPS Tiles deal for and over how many years?

If we divided the money given by Topps into what it would be worth for one season and bear in mind it is likely that we sell more shirts the first season than the second season and then compare that with the sale of an extra say 10,000 shirts, with a new kit to be released with a sponsor the following season.......

The club aren't doing the fans a favour, its a brilliant way of selling more stuff.

This in mind, they need to ensure that the extra 10,000 shirts are sold.

Now, even if they go for Blank kit (makes sense) or 125 year strip, they have to realise that they are not going to sell extra strips with 'foxes forever' plastered across the front.

Keep voting blank anyway, but I don't think this football clubs marketing director is that furckin stupid.

N.

Agreed, basically elaborating on what I said. Another interesting thought is that if the club genuinly believe we can go up from the championship next season then we would get a more lucrative sponsorship deal as a Premiership club. Otherwise we'll be stuck with a shitty sponsor who doesn't earn us as much as we could get by waiting for a year.

Disclaimer: That's not to say I think we will get back to back promotions, I'm just trying to think of new reasons the club may be weighting this on.

Seems a bit odd to me

Or look at it in a business way...

businesses are f**ked at the minute, Leicester are in League one give it 12months the country could be coming out of a recession, the economy could be doing far better, City could well be top half championship and you will be able to negotiate are far better deal!!

take into account at least 2 new kits only for 12months that have to be renewed.

it probably makes more financial sense than taking a low offer from a sponsor for a couple of years sounds pretty shrewed to me

In refusing a shirt sponsor for next year, he knows that more people will be likely to buy the shirt. People like me for example, who hasn't bought a shirt since I was about ten, will more than likely purchase a sponsorless shirt with a nice design. It is definitely a marketing trick, and it will most likely work.

In refusing a shirt sponsor for next year, he knows that more people will be likely to buy the shirt. People like me for example, who hasn't bought a shirt since I was about ten, will more than likely purchase a sponsorless shirt with a nice design. It is definitely a marketing trick, and it will most likely work.

So with any luck, half of it will be taken care of if the shirt is issued without a sponsor.

Then it's just down to the design. :doh:

So with any luck, half of it will be taken care of if the shirt is issued without a sponsor.

Then it's just down to the design. :doh:

Well, I'd be unlikely to buy a shirt that had a design similar to this and last season. Give me something that's symmetrical and plain(ish) any day. :thumbup:

seems abit odd to me that most complain about embarrasing logo's on the shirt, and when we have the opportunity of having a 'real' shirt MIlans accused of being mad.

Amazing, isn't it. >_<

There's money to be made. Plenty of people that havent bought a shirt since it had Joachim written on the back will get one, and those extras may add up to more than the amount we'd get from Barry's Plywood Floors or whatever tinpoint company that'd probably go bust after 2 months anyway. Yet, it's still a nice gesture and don't think unless anyone knows Milan and the marketing bigwigs personally they can say cash is the ONLY reason we're doing this. They may actually care about the fans as well.

Archived