Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Post Match GAS Thread - 1-0 Win.

:crylaugh:

Was the reporter sitting in the pub? You've surely got be swallowing a few not to accept a perfectly legitimate penalty for your own side.

And as for the free-kicks they mostly looked fair enough to me and had he seen our game at Hartlepool he'd never have said a word against yesterday's ref.

Even the six minutes of added time, though irritating, was quite possibly a justified allocation. I wasn't happy with it because it's just not the norm (even when it should be) but it all meant Bristol had every chance to square the game.

They didn't. In fact they barely created a clearcut chance including the incident for the penalty while we might have had at least three goals despite our the harsh sending off of Hobbs.

If you don't make chances at home and you squander a penalty you don't deserve anything.

:crylaugh:

Was the reporter sitting in the pub? You've surely got be swallowing a few not to accept a perfectly legitimate penalty for your own side.

And as for the free-kicks they mostly looked fair enough to me and had he seen our game at Hartlepool he'd never have said a word against yesterday's ref.

Even the six minutes of added time, though irritating, was quite possibly a justified allocation. I wasn't happy with it because it's just not the norm (even when it should be) but it all meant Bristol had every chance to square the game.

They didn't. In fact they barely created a clearcut chance including the incident for the penalty while we might have had at least three goals despite our the harsh sending off of Hobbs.

If you don't make chances at home and you squander a penalty you don't deserve anything.

Their Manager seems to have a more realistic view of the game.

Brilliant day! I think I was the only one there who knew that the penalty would not be scored!

I have enjoyed so much of this season's games, that in a way, it's going to be sad to leave this division (if we do, of course......)!

That was the 15th consecutive away match we've scored in. Only failed to score away once, at Stockport.

That's a top record, and shows our attacking intent away from home, and it means we have the best away record in the division.

That was the 15th consecutive away match we've scored in. Only failed to score away once, at Stockport.

That's a top record, and shows our attacking intent away from home, and it means we have the best away record in the division.

Also out 19th cleansheet of the season.

14 league clean sheets!

It sounds like you had the same problem as me.

Every steward I asked said that I had absolutely no chance of transferring onto the terrace. I mean fair play, if we'd have sold out I could understand not being allowed to transfer to the terrace but we had something like 300 tickets unsold. It's not like I wanted a £2 refund on my seating ticket either. I thought the stewards were some of the most unhelpful I'd ever come across. They only had to use a little common sense to let us onto the terrace but they never actually let me get my point across and kept telling me I was wrong.

Thankfully, after using numerous excuses and around 20 minutes of persuading the supervisor, common sense prevailed and I managed to blag 6 of us onto the terrace. Fair play to the supervisor though, he did everything he could to get us onto the terrace because others wouldn't have.

I probably should have tried to switch my ticket last Saturday but forgot to take it with me and didn't have time in the week. I definitely won't be making the same mistake again.

I sent an email to the ticket office on Friday asking if it was possible to swap at the ground and got a call off Jim about 20 minutes later saying he'd rang Rovers for me and sorted it all out so all I had to do was go to Window 1 at the Memorial Ground and tell them my name to get it swapped. Hero. Good thing to do if you don't get a chance to pop to the Walkers and swap it in person.

Bruno Berner was fouled into the build-up to the penalty anyway, so a bit of justice was done there. Also, toward the end of the extended highlights you can hear "Howard's gonna get ya" lol

Archived