Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Post Match GAS Thread - 1-0 Win.

I love Pearsons attitude he comes on the radio and gives an honest opinion trying not to get excited, giving nothing away doesn't get cocky or talk rubbish like previous managers and gets his talking done for him by his players on the pitch.

you see a picture like this...

0,,10274~5372160,00.jpg

just shows how passionate he is and the fighting spirit we have in this squad

16 points clear of third, 12games left probably 12 points would be enough even relegation form can't stop us now!!!

a decent result next week and it could be done and dusted within the next 3 weeks

He was so pumped up at the end and directed all the players to come over and acknowledge the fans - even signalling to them with a sweep of his arm where the fans were.

That wasn't just good PR, that was a manager absolutely loving it - a man proud of his team and equally proud of the part played by those fans in helping keep spirits up when Hobbs was sent off and when we were suddenly found ourselves under sometimes intense and unexpected pressure.

Even the six or seven minutes the referee added on at the end was another problem to cope with, though where he got it from I've no idea.

Great day out on the Terraces. Penalty wasnt a penalty, Hobbs tried to clear it completly missed the ball and took their player out. Thrac, was you in the end terrace closest to their fans?

:dunno:

Needed that win today, as much as Fryatt needed that goal. With other results going our way generally it was a great 3 points in that respect, especially considering we had 10 men and saved a penalty.

We didn't play particularly well, but the goal was well taken from Fryatt following good play from Howard, speaking of whom was a man on an absolute mission today (comical tackle on their goalkeeper lol). Had to love Steve today.

Oh, can't forget to mention Mark Bunn. :worship:

Great day out on the Terraces. Penalty wasnt a penalty, Hobbs tried to clear it completly missed the ball and took their player out. Thrac, was you in the end terrace closest to their fans?

Looked to me like Hobbs totally missed the ball, clattered their man as a consequence and with Hobbs being last man the referee seemed to think he had little choice but to give a penalty and send our bloke off.

I don't think it was a deliberate foul, just the clumsiest of attempted clearances but that's not the referees fault.

Whether their attacker, or anyone else, would have realistically had a chance of getting to the loose ball and scoring I couldn't be sure and I suppose for that reason I felt the sending off seemed a bit harsh. But the referee was far closer to judge than me.

I didn't actually think he had that bad a game overall. Presumably his six minutes added time included extra time added to the fourth official's four minutes due to time wasting (Bunn was booked for it and others were involved) but my complaint there would be the lack of consistency. Times opponents have blatantly wasted time against us this season and there has barely been any time added on at all.

Looked to me like Hobbs totally missed the ball, clattered their man as a consequence and with Hobbs being last man the referee seemed to think he had little choice but to give a penalty and send our bloke off.

I don't think it was a deliberate foul, just the clumsiest of attempted clearances but that's not the referees fault.

Whether their attacker, or anyone else, would have realistically had a chance of getting to the loose ball and scoring I couldn't be sure and I suppose for that reason I felt the sending off seemed a bit harsh. But the referee was far closer to judge than me.

I didn't actually think he had that bad a game overall. Presumably his six minutes added time included extra time added to the fourth official's four minutes due to time wasting (Bunn was booked for it and others were involved) but my complaint there would be the lack of consistency. Times opponents have blatantly wasted time against us this season and there has barely been any time added on at all.

Was you in end terrace cloest to the Bristol fans?

Really enjoyed that. Magic day. Was on Row B but was standing, decent atmosphere and some comedy songs e.g. 'Howard's gonna get you'. Quality.

Bunny was quality. Fantastic all game and made the penalty save. I think it was a peno, but I was the other end. Looked like he took him out as last man, in which case he rightfully went.

Nice to meet a couple more people off here for the first time as well, Tilley and Amy.

There was even a bit of atmosphere on Fox Travel.

Well I never.

Valuable 3 points, and good day out overall.

Roll on Franchise.

And what the fcuk was wrong with the groundsman with the pitchfork? :laugh: Ooooh-ARRR.

Anyone else get any aggro off the Bristol fans afterwards, had 3 chavs telling me to get the fook out of Bristol. Then some bloke was trying to wind me up by saying, we will come straight back down, were an ordinary side, Scunny and Oldham are better teams. Shut up, weve just beaten you in your poxy shed with ten men. Then these lads followed us back to the car, trying to trip me up and spitting on my back before they went to the pub.

Guy walked into the back of me somewhat deliberately and said 'fook orrrf' in a really thick Bristol accent. He hung around, we left, he followed a little bit but not for long. That'll teach me to have my hood up, or something?

Needed that win today, as much as Fryatt needed that goal. With other results going our way generally it was a great 3 points in that respect, especially considering we had 10 men and saved a penalty.

We didn't play particularly well, but the goal was well taken from Fryatt following good play from Howard, speaking of whom was a man on an absolute mission today (comical tackle on their goalkeeper lol). Had to love Steve today.

That pretty much sums up my view from listening to radio.

Simply an awesome result, a game in the previous 4 seasons we never would have won yet we go there, score first, go down to 10 men save a penalty and still win.

What the fook is going on with Leicester City this season, winning so many games, we would have got nought from last season :crylaugh:

Simply stunning, amazing, sets us up beautifully for the Dons next week.

I loved that.

Moved into the terracing when Katy went off on one but it worked out well. Ella got her throwing filbert game going with Alex and we got to stand with us meerts.

We were not as fluid as we have been, but battling displays and wins like that are just as good.

Pearson loved it. The whole team worked their arses off today.

10 vs 12 for much of the match but a clean sheet still. Eat it.

Blanked me Nussul, typical.

Anyway, another great day out. Proper FT gathering on the terrace, no end of fun. Good goal, very well taken by Fryatt after as good knockdown by Steve. Their penalty looked a blatant peno but I didn't think it was a red card myself. Bunn saved it anyway :wub: Although it was a tame effort :giggle: After that we held on well. Once we went down to ten men STEVE was a trojan up front. Worked his bollocks off. Clattered into the keeper miles after the ball had gone :laugh: Somehow evading a booking, then offered out their keeper :laugh: Howard's gonna get ya! Howard's gonna get ya! :D

Fantastic.

Stand up, for the Champions.

just got back home from the game - agree with everything you say - Howard/Bunn were both immense, the former for effort, the latter for the penalty save. Really can't see us fookin this up now.

Archived