Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Midlandsfox

Holloway I am not to blame!

Good Post Smokey!!

No I am not full of shit or talking shit, Wolves will not go up this season, there bottle has totally gone, Reading and Birmingham and then a suprise team like sheffield united will go up, we will acheive back to back promotions guaranteed, if the recruiting is done wisely and fancy we will be above wolves next season, the foundations this season are in place, if the money is there and invested in the right playing personnel we have the best manager outside the top flight. So £500 wager on City up before wolves I will happily discuss this in one years time when we are in the mix again for promotion

:laugh:

Wolves have not bottled it, they have had a dip in form, like we did, but a few results and they will be back to winning ways,

We have a good manager, but to say he's the best outside the top filght is stupid, he's not won anything, we will see next year how good he is

He as to take a large part of the blame but not all of it.

Martin Allen is just as much to blame if slightly more.

He wasnt here long i know but why is he getting off scott free, we started last season with is terrable side and his organisation and fitness!

Against Blackpool at the beginning of last season ive never seen such an un-fit City side, we may have had a farly good pre-season and ok results but that means nothing, we were so un-fit and badly organised under Allen and i wont mention the signings (Look at what hes doing at Cheltenham) the guy is poor, hides behind is jokes and website updates to get fans on his side, well not me.

Im not a big Gary Megson fan but one thing is for sure, we wouldnt of gone down under him! But hey we will never know, roll on Promotion!

Agree on Megson :thumbup:

Allen left LCFC with 4 points after 3 games. We had just beat Watford 4 - 1. I don't think he did a great job looking back with heindsight however he was adored by most at the point when he was sacked.

Didn't Wolves fook a 12 points lead up before ? I swear West Brom Overtook them and went up or i might have dreamt it. Anyone remember ?

Yes, something like that in 2001/02, then lost in the play-offs.

Didn't Wolves fook a 12 points lead up before ? I swear West Brom Overtook them and went up or i might have dreamt it. Anyone remember ?
Yeah I remember that they totally fooked it in March and West brom came from know where

There back to winning ways now.

Wolves have not bottled it, they have had a dip in form, like we did, but a few results and they will be back to winning ways,

We have a good manager, but to say he's the best outside the top filght is stupid, he's not won anything, we will see next year how good he is

what he said

Wolves have only won there 3rd game since Christmas last weekend!

(we've won 7!)

Thats a huge dip, they'll have to turn it around soon because like winning, not winning can become a habit!

I blame Holloway, Bulpin, Breaker, Mandaric, Alnwick (Worst Keeper ever seen) and er Jon Barber lol

Rab Douglas?

Tell me something if Richard Stearman is such a leicester city fan why did he go to Wolves??? I heard he was offered chance to stay if you love your club you stick by them!!

He's from Wolverhampton, I'm guessing he's a Wolves fan.

Despite everyones failings, the FACT is Matty Fryatt had easily the most clear cut goal opportunity misses, and missed a lot of one on ones.

Had he scored just 1 of those we probably would have stayed up, regardless of what Mandaric, Ollie, Allen etc did.

So i probably blame Matty Fryatt, he had the most chances to get that goal to keep us up, and missed way way way too many. And ultimately, its goals on the pitch that get you the points to keep you up, if you can't score goals you will never win matches, and our defence was the best part of our side last season.

Has he made up for it this season :dunno: Probably.

Despite everyones failings, the FACT is Matty Fryatt had easily the most clear cut goal opportunity misses, and missed a lot of one on ones.

Had he scored just 1 of those we probably would have stayed up, regardless of what Mandaric, Ollie, Allen etc did.

So i probably blame Matty Fryatt, he had the most chances to get that goal to keep us up, and missed way way way too many. And ultimately, its goals on the pitch that get you the points to keep you up, if you can't score goals you will never win matches, and our defence was the best part of our side last season.

Has he made up for it this season :dunno: Probably.

Yeah Fryatts fault, he was up front all season and didn't score enough. If we kept the dream partnership of DJ and Howard. I'm sure we would probally be in a champion league spot now. Maybe top. Losing the talented Clemence who really was amazing in the midfielder did play a massive part aswell.

Fryatt and Hume were the reason we went down.

Yeah Fryatts fault, he was up front all season and didn't score enough. If we kept the dream partnership of DJ and Howard. I'm sure we would probally be in a champion league spot now. Maybe top. Losing the talented Clemence who really was amazing in the midfielder did play a massive part aswell.

Fryatt and Hume were the reason we went down.

:crylaugh:

The seeds for destruction had been well and truly planted before Mandaric arrived on the scene: a club running at a huge loss, a board of idiots too inept, scared or selfish to make the right decisions and "Smashing Bunch O'Lads" Kelly. Rob was never manager material and he didn't have money to play with but his tenure cemented a culture in the squad which left them not giving a shit about the club or fans...and then there was the drinking club.

Holloway wasn't entirely to blame, he was just given a job which was beyond his capabilities - beyond most manager's capabilities. He was a poor appointment in a growing line of incompetant decisions made by Mandaric - not given the money or the time to do something, inheriting a squad with a shocking attitude and a fistful of laughable signings. It would have taken a Goliath to have saved us last season as most players didn't give a shit.

Then, apart from the unprofessionalism in the team, the cult of the personality: certain individuals believing the team was them and that everyone should dance to their tuuuuuuuuuuuuune. Some might argue that we were on a downward spiral before Kelly's appointment, I'd say that at any point before his final season with us someone else could have turned the team around but once we reached the Mandaric takeover the die had been cast.

Holloway was the bloke handed the smoking gun but there were many people who could have pulled the trigger - and I'm happy to think that they all had a damn good go.

If I'm pointing fingers I go for Mandaric and Kelly.

At least the two (of the three) permanent signings Holloway made are now an integral part of our assault on League One and promotion campaign. None of Allen's signings are in our team now, and most are deadwood (Dudley, N'Gotty, Clemence, Cort, Hayes and a half a dozen of other who have been released now).

Holloway played his part in our downfall but he certainly wasn't entirely to blame. He joined a sinking ship and the chance of him steadying the ship was as minimal as me getting Nia Long in the sack.

Archived