Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

I'm looking at Blackberry Curve on O2 to replace my ailing Motorola Z10 (Nice looking phone, but faultly as Basil.) But there appears to be a new Curve model coming out this month, with less spec that the 8900, but with 3G I think.

I can see there's some Blackberry fans already on here. Anyone got some views / guidance on this.

Plus O2 seem reasonable in the sense they're giving unlimited browsing - but is there a catch with this? Help much appreciated.

Go for an Iphone.

Ive had a Curve and recently changed it for an Iphone and havent looked back.

Hero is very special. Very happy with it. Excellent phone and applications and the integration with social networking sites for tarts like me is a joy. I would highly recommend it. The touch keyboard is in my opinion better than the iPhone too.

I want the hero. Still got my G1, and will have for another 8 months (18 month contract), but might see if T-Mobile might give me a cheeky upgrade. I am paying top banana for it after all (got it when it first came out).

As odd as it might sound, I'm glad I still one year left on my Orange contract. Should Apple keep up the development speed with the iPhone and the next one (the 3GT? lol) come out next Summer, I'll go for it - but it needs to have at least a 64GB harddrive, so I can replace both my phone and my iPod.

Other than that, nothing beats Nokia. Can't emphasize that enough.

As odd as it might sound, I'm glad I still one year left on my Orange contract. Should Apple keep up the development speed with the iPhone and the next one (the 3GT? lol) come out next Summer, I'll go for it - but it needs to have at least a 64GB harddrive, so I can replace both my phone and my iPod.

Other than that, nothing beats Nokia. Can't emphasize that enough.

Old school Nokia's i'll agree with - I used to buy nothing but Nokia's, but they have made them too complicated now and punching above their weight imo, The last few Nokia's I have had have been awful and i've had problems with, maybe i've just been unlucky, but it's put me off Nokia's.

Thought i'd lost my phone today, Left work, felt my pockets to have a look at my phone and it wasn't there, so went back into work, borrowed someones phone to prank mine, couldn't hear it anywhere, went to my car and pranked it couldn't hear it, went home pranked it, couldn't hear it, retraced my steps went in the papershop i'd bought a paper from the see if one had been handed in, nope. Wasn't bothered about the phone, it was the Sim I was worried about.

Popped to Fosse Park on the way to the game bought a cheap Samsung (Well it was marked up at 50 quid, but then on Orange it was 60, and then you had top up 10 quid, so 70 quid cheap :unsure:) checked my car one more time when I got home as I was still gutted about losing my Sim rather than the phone...It was only under the seat of my bloody car :@

The annoying thing is when I pranked it I couldn't hear it. The volume of the ring on it is rubbish - It's a Sony Ericsson.

Edited by Matt

Right Im thinking of getting an iphone on 02 - its a 24 month contract £35 a month for 600 mins and 500 texts but the phones free.... anyone think this is a bad idea? I know in Oct theyre opening up iphones to Orange and Tmobile but I really cant wait that long as my current phone is playing up so much now its becoming unusable?

Have never used 02 before to be honest. :huh:

Right Im thinking of getting an iphone on 02 - its a 24 month contract £35 a month for 600 mins and 500 texts but the phones free.... anyone think this is a bad idea? I know in Oct theyre opening up iphones to Orange and Tmobile but I really cant wait that long as my current phone is playing up so much now its becoming unusable?

24 month contract?? I wouldnt do that. 18 max. secondly you are paying 335 for only 500 txts and 600 mins? Not really value for money. You get a decent phone but is it worth £840?

24 month contract?? I wouldnt do that. 18 max. secondly you are paying 335 for only 500 txts and 600 mins? Not really value for money. You get a decent phone but is it worth £840?

Suppose when you put it like that its not! They want a £100 towards the phone for an 18month one though

Wait till October.

IF your with Orange or Tmobile you should be able to negotiate a good deal with it, is they see you as a valued customer.

Just get a cheap one till last you till then as its only 2 1/2 months away till they come out.

Numbnuts spouting total costs over the 24 month period don't know their head form their arse as you'll pay this anyway, in all probability, if you change you phones at the end of contracts. All my previous contracts have been between 35 and 45 quid so what difference does it make how long the contract is for?

The only impact it has is if you're one of those people who like to frequently change phones or Apple have a new model due soon. The later can be struck off until at least half of your contract is done.

Maybe other companies will offer cheaper monthly deals in order to compete, but probably not.

Monkeynuts for brains muscle men might not have the capacity to work it out, but I'd go for it if I didn't already have one. ;)

Orange is the worst network ever.

I'd agree but they are very cheap if you are a valued customer.

They usually totally wreck every phone they sell by destroying the firmware but i'm sure their monkey programmers won't be allowed near the software on an iphone.

They usually totally wreck every phone they sell by destroying the firmware but i'm sure their monkey programmers won't be allowed near the software on an iphone.

I struggled to get signal anywhere when I was with them, bloody nightmare.

Ive got that iPhone contract and it does me fine, the iPhone is that good that I dont think you'll mind having it for that long, my opinion of it anyway.
Wait till October.

IF your with Orange or Tmobile you should be able to negotiate a good deal with it, is they see you as a valued customer.

Just get a cheap one till last you till then as its only 2 1/2 months away till they come out.

Numbnuts spouting total costs over the 24 month period don't know their head form their arse as you'll pay this anyway, in all probability, if you change you phones at the end of contracts. All my previous contracts have been between 35 and 45 quid so what difference does it make how long the contract is for?

The only impact it has is if you're one of those people who like to frequently change phones or Apple have a new model due soon. The later can be struck off until at least half of your contract is done.

Maybe other companies will offer cheaper monthly deals in order to compete, but probably not.

Monkeynuts for brains muscle men might not have the capacity to work it out, but I'd go for it if I didn't already have one. ;)

Thanks all for your opinions.... I'll look around but am seriously thinking about it. Really want an iphone so I think the only decision is whether to wait til Oct.. suppose I could make do til then. :) Im not one for changing for the most up to date model so the 24 month thing isnt really a prob.

Thanks again

Lets look at the breakdown -

24 months = £35 p/month

£840 total

Phone cost = £340

£500 tariff - 12000 txts/14400 mins/unlimited 3G Internet - over 24 months

£20 p/month 500 txts/600 mins/unlimited 3G internet

So about £20 per month for 500 for the above. Bearing in mind my texts when I used to be on pay as you go cost 10p, that equates to £50 worth of texts, that's without even considering the minutes.

Then you're obviously paying your £15 p/month for the phone. Seems like a decent deal to me. Dont forget insurance aswel. If you knacker the phone, you still have to pay for it if its not insured. That runs up to about £6 p/month aswel.

Though I pay £40 p/month for 800 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet, with a Google G1 (same band as IPhone, highest) so I think i've got a better deal lol. Got mine within a few weeks of the G1 coming out aswel. Surprised by that.

Lets look at the breakdown -

24 months = £35 p/month

£840 total

Phone cost = £340

£500 tariff - 12000 txts/14400 mins/unlimited 3G Internet - over 24 months

£20 p/month 500 txts/600 mins/unlimited 3G internet

So about £20 per month for 500 for the above. Bearing in mind my texts when I used to be on pay as you go cost 10p, that equates to £50 worth of texts, that's without even considering the minutes.

Then you're obviously paying your £15 p/month for the phone. Seems like a decent deal to me. Dont forget insurance aswel. If you knacker the phone, you still have to pay for it if its not insured. That runs up to about £6 p/month aswel.

Though I pay £40 p/month for 800 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet, with a Google G1 (same band as IPhone, highest) so I think i've got a better deal lol. Got mine within a few weeks of the G1 coming out aswel. Surprised by that.

Thanks for that....... Ive gone for it! lol

Getting my new iphone delivered tomorrow.... muchio excitement!! :cool::D

Thanks for that....... Ive gone for it! lol

Getting my new iphone delivered tomorrow.... muchio excitement!! :cool::D

Nice

I'm going for the same contract and phone asap, just waiting for them to allow the 30% discount on the tariff that I get through my work. Was desperate to get the 3GS but I can wait if it's gonna save me that amount of money

Nice

I'm going for the same contract and phone asap, just waiting for them to allow the 30% discount on the tariff that I get through my work. Was desperate to get the 3GS but I can wait if it's gonna save me that amount of money

I may well have got a better in Oct or something but its plenty of minutes and texts for what I use and to be honest I cant wait lol

Anyone know much about the Nokia N85 ? , i just upgraded to it and they seemed to have given me a pretty good price plan. Always been a sony ericsson man but thought id give this a go