Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

Anyone know of any good mobile phone contract deals going round atm?

Good phones?

I know theres a topic on this from a few months ago but I'm only around for a weekend...Not really got the time to spend searing for the topic! ^_^:P

Don't, whatever you do buy a vodaphone sim, put it in your phone then accidentaly put your phone through the washing machine. the sim won't work for a couple of weeks and the phone won't work again.

Not sure if this is the best place to post this

118800 are currently compiling all our mobile phone numbers into a directory. I for one dont want to be in their directory. You can go ex-directory by following this link and following the instructions

118800 remove me

Get enough calls as it is and would prefer to have calls from those I have given my number to rather than anyone who want to find my number, I get a lot of sales calls as part of my job as it is.

Not sure if this is the best place to post this

118800 are currently compiling all our mobile phone numbers into a directory. I for one dont want to be in their directory. You can go ex-directory by following this link and following the instructions

118800 remove me

Get enough calls as it is and would prefer to have calls from those I have given my number to rather than anyone who want to find my number, I get a lot of sales calls as part of my job as it is.

Thanks

Edited by lavrentis

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like there's some pretty decent deals going round at the minute.

Just renewed my contract with Vodafone:

700 minutes anytime any network

250 texts

Unlimited calls to landlines

Unlimited mobile internet

£15 per month.

Really want an iPhone, but they seem so overpriced.

Can't afford one at the moment anyway, when I get a permanent job i'm gonna have a huge blow out, got a big shopping list - Fook the credit crunch....just getting a job that's the problem.

And just as I say i'm interest in an iPhone, my current phone decides to play up, buttons randomly just not working then individual buttons lighting up every now and again.

So now on the look out for a cheap phone, well dunno weather to buy a cheap phone to keep me going or a mediocre priced phone which will do what I want and will be half decent.

Does anyone know what the Samsung Tocco Lite like? I thought they were mega expensive but seen it on Orange for 97 quid + 10 quid top up, Or LG Cookie? That 78 quid + 10 quid top up.

Edited by Matt

And just as I say i'm interest in an iPhone, my current phone decides to play up, buttons randomly just not working then individual buttons lighting up every now and again.

So now on the look out for a cheap phone, well dunno weather to buy a cheap phone to keep me going or a mediocre priced phone which will do what I want and will be half decent.

Does anyone know what the Samsung Tocco Lite like? I thought they were mega expensive but seen it on Orange for 97 quid + 10 quid top up, Or LG Cookie? That 78 quid + 10 quid top up.

If its under a year old, ring up the company its with and claim under the manufacturers 12 month warranty! ;)

And Samsung although lots of my mates have given it bad reviews i got the Tocco Ultra edition and not had a problem with it! *touches wood, and hopefully i wont have one soon!"

Edited by JoeyB

My Sony Erikkson W890i is playing up AGAIN after being replaced 3 months ago - pile of crap it is. Have had nothing but problems with it and cant wait to go back to Samsung. Thinking of buying a fairly cheap phone (about a £100) and going SIM only. Dont wanna be stuck in a contract for 18months just for the sake of getting an expensive phone that goes wrong all the time and I dont use any of the features on anyway! lol

If its under a year old, ring up the company its with and claim under the manufacturers 12 month warranty! ;)

And Samsung although lots of my mates have given it bad reviews i got the Tocco Ultra edition and not had a problem with it! *touches wood, and hopefully i wont have one soon!"

Need to look into it, but reckon it's older than a year.

It seems to be working now anyway, so couldn't really go in and say it wasn't working because it quite clearly is now :giggle:

Some weird thing happened in my house decided they just didn't want to work yesterday, my phone just didn't want to work on some of the buttons then 'magically' decided to work again, and then last night my internet wouldn't connect and modem just stopped working, yet again is then just 'magically' decided to work.

Edited by Matt

I'm looking to buy a £10 '3' top up voucher. I went into my local co-op today and the lady behind the desk said that it came up on the screen as '3G'.

Would that work on '3' phones? I'm pretty clueless with phones!!

I'm looking to buy a £10 '3' top up voucher. I went into my local co-op today and the lady behind the desk said that it came up on the screen as '3G'.

Would that work on '3' phones? I'm pretty clueless with phones!!

Yep :)

Looking at the LG Viewty now, as it is in the same price bracket as the other two I was looking at and it seems abit better than the other two I was looking at. So anyone with a LG Viewty, Samsung Tocco Lite, or LG Cookie, can I have your views please, Or anyone who has a phone within the price bracket of the phones i'm looking at.

Really want an iPhone, but they seem so overpriced.

Can't afford one at the moment anyway, when I get a permanent job i'm gonna have a huge blow out, got a big shopping list - Fook the credit crunch....just getting a job that's the problem.

Exactly this lol

Does anybody know if the Carphone Warehouse on Welford Road is still open? Apparently that is also the Nokia repair contact point.

It's still there, but I couldn't tell you if it is open or not.

Does anybody know if the Carphone Warehouse on Welford Road is still open? Apparently that is also the Nokia repair contact point.

Yeah it is but God help you if youve got to deal with them. :angry: If youve ever got a spare couple of hours I could tell you a few tales about them lol

Yeah it is but God help you if youve got to deal with them. :angry: If youve ever got a spare couple of hours I could tell you a few tales about them lol

I quite enjoy the thrill of putting an arrogant, useless gobshite in his place. I've been before, and they refused to let me in as it "Has gone 6pm". Something to do with insurance purposes.

"Listen to this"

"What?"

"The time sponsered by Accurist, will be 5.52pm"

"Now let me in."