Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

Saying as another member brought up the how to get out of your orange contract thread...

How the hell do I get out of my o2 contract!!

Its only because Orange are changing their terms and conditions. Unless 02 do the same and their contracts are similar, you won't be able to. Unless you have only just got the contract...

I have the ipod touch and love it so therfore I don't really need to get the iphone. I was thinking of getting the android HTC but I am very unsure about the design of it. The reviews are pretty favourable on some websites. Does anyone have one?

has anybody actually done it yet???

Not sure about on here, but a lot of people have done it going by the comments left on BitterWallet and MSE! Orange must be losing a lot of customers.

However, I did ask a guy in Carphone Warehouse that if I left Orange could i rejoin them and the guy said yes so people might just do it to get a new phone/better deal! Something I was planning to do but got an upgrade instead so I kept my number. If you were to cancel and return to Orange you would have to go the long whinded way around keeping your number. You can't transfer a number from orange to orange so you would have to use a pay as you go sim from 02 for example to port you number to first and then back again to orange. It all depends on how much you want to keep your number!

I have the shittest phone in the world, officially. :(

samyx32_00.jpg

I wouldn't worry. When someone gets their massive lifestyle touch screen penis subsitute out in the pub there are as many people that think it makes them look like a tit as there are who think it's well cool.

Can you ring people up on it? Yes? Job done

I have the ipod touch and love it so therfore I don't really need to get the iphone. I was thinking of getting the android HTC but I am very unsure about the design of it. The reviews are pretty favourable on some websites. Does anyone have one?

Ive got the first Android based HTC phone, the Google G1 google_g1_phone_white.jpg, and I really like it. I've had it since it first came out in about November, and i've never had any issues. The new ones look amazing aswel. htc-hero-handset.jpg

Ive got the first Android based HTC phone, the Google G1 google_g1_phone_white.jpg, and I really like it. I've had it since it first came out in about November, and i've never had any issues. The new ones look amazing aswel. htc-hero-handset.jpg

The new one, G2 or Hero as T Mobile I think are now calling it, was released on Tuesday. It actually went up on the T Mobile website as I was browsing, one minute it wasn't there and the next it was!

I just like the idea of the android system. Think I might go for it.

It's a really good OS for a phone, nice looking, simple to operate, clean. I dont know what its like to say Nokia's or Blackberrys whatever, but I realy like it.

The new one, G2 or Hero as T Mobile I think are now calling it, was released on Tuesday. It actually went up on the T Mobile website as I was browsing, one minute it wasn't there and the next it was!

The Hero is so sleek looking, really really cool looking phone. Wish I could upgrade. T-mobile might be getting a cheeky call! lol

Well I can't wait to get rid of my Nokia, I was speaking to somebody today who works in the industry and she said that the Android will only get better and better and it offers things that the iphone can't. I decided I will get the HTC hero, no point having a iPod Touch and an iPhone. The HTC will give me a new toy to play with.

I am a google bum boy too so even better. :P

Well I can't wait to get rid of my Nokia, I was speaking to somebody today who works in the industry and she said that the Android will only get better and better and it offers things that the iphone can't. I decided I will get the HTC hero, no point having a iPod Touch and an iPhone. The HTC will give me a new toy to play with.

I am a google bum boy too so even better. :P

Sir Fynwy came close to getting an HTC, but bottled it, and went with the Samsung Whatever instead. I think he likes it.

Sir Fynwy came close to getting an HTC, but bottled it, and went with the Samsung Whatever instead. I think he likes it.

I almost bottled it too. I will play about with it and if I really hate it I guess I will just change it. Got a demo in the shop today and was very impressed though, It kind of matches what I want from a phone. I don't really use it for the camera or video player, it is for email. internet, etc for me. :)

I almost bottled it too. I will play about with it and if I really hate it I guess I will just change it. Got a demo in the shop today and was very impressed though, It kind of matches what I want from a phone. I don't really use it for the camera or video player, it is for email. internet, etc for me. :)

Think he's the same. He loves his apps lol

I'm looking at Blackberry Curve on O2 to replace my ailing Motorola Z10 (Nice looking phone, but faultly as Basil.) But there appears to be a new Curve model coming out this month, with less spec that the 8900, but with 3G I think.

I can see there's some Blackberry fans already on here. Anyone got some views / guidance on this.

Plus O2 seem reasonable in the sense they're giving unlimited browsing - but is there a catch with this? Help much appreciated.

I also need a new phone. But which one? Discuss.

Depends on a lot of things....

I have just got the Nokia 5800 and its awesome! Does everything I need from a phone plus a few extras inc Internet, MP3, 3.2MP Camera, a few Applications, GPS and the touchscreen is SOOO easy to get used to. I text quicker now than I did before with my K850i.

If you looking for the high end phones then wait until the end of this month because Sony are releasing some beauts! Have a look on their website, all the phones marked with a star are coming soon - which ever fits your bill then I'd recommend. They were showcased in Berlin at a Mobile Phone conference (equivalent to E3 games thingy) and they were hot topic and well received. Usual mix from SE but they are now integrating the Walkman and Camera more.

Other high ends would include the N97, Blackberrys and of course the Apple iPhone, oh and the new G2 Phone also dubbed Hero which is available on Orange and TMobile!

Depends on a lot of things....

I have just got the Nokia 5800 and its awesome! Does everything I need from a phone plus a few extras inc Internet, MP3, 3.2MP Camera, a few Applications, GPS and the touchscreen is SOOO easy to get used to. I text quicker now than I did before with my K850i.

If you looking for the high end phones then wait until the end of this month because Sony are releasing some beauts! Have a look on their website, all the phones marked with a star are coming soon - which ever fits your bill then I'd recommend. They were showcased in Berlin at a Mobile Phone conference (equivalent to E3 games thingy) and they were hot topic and well received. Usual mix from SE but they are now integrating the Walkman and Camera more.

Other high ends would include the N97, Blackberrys and of course the Apple iPhone, oh and the new G2 Phone also dubbed Hero which is available on Orange and TMobile!

Very impressed with this response. I will most certainly have a look into the phones mentioned and I will, at some stage, end up thanking you for guiding me to my new phone. :D