Basingstoke Fox Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 Gotta just say quickly, I like Ben Davies on Football Manager
DannySHREWS Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 Andre Gray i think was number 16. I agree he looks lively, hes only just come up thru the youth team this summer and today was the most football he has played in the first team, looked pretty quick and strong agaisnt L1/Championship defenders so he may well get a chance in L2.
DannySHREWS Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 Everyone tries to buy Benji off me on FM! Hes gone money grabbing to Notts County now anyway.
Cobbo Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 Well, that was fun Wellens looked good. Weale's kicking looked ace. That'll do.
AjcW Posted 25 July 2009 Author Posted 25 July 2009 Well, that was fun Wellens looked good. Weale's kicking looked ace. That'll do. Liking weale alot... wellens has a surprising amount of "flair" which is nice to see. Steve covered almost every blade of grass today which was a surprise and dare I say it looked like hed shifted a fair few pounds.
Gaffer Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 Shes got Chlamydia shes got chlamydia shes got chlamydia...Does she take it does she take it does she take it up the arse... Some of the funniest chanting ever made the second half bareable today . Not that you ever joined in
CosbehFox Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 YOUR GOING HOME IN A SHROPSHIRE AMBULANCE was the best chant for me! Liking weale alot... wellens has a surprising amount of "flair" which is nice to see.Steve covered almost every blade of grass today which was a surprise and dare I say it looked like hed shifted a fair few pounds. Steve looked he had lost some weight and he was getting annoyed that his effort didn't pay for himself. Kingy looks like he's put some meat on. As for Wellens, there's a video on youtube of him doing this part-step over, part-nutmeg against Ipswich for Blackpool to get out of a tight spot. Magic to watch.
lcfc_jme Posted 26 July 2009 Posted 26 July 2009 Same here mate. Got a txt off Joe to go this game last night and didn't give it a seconds thought.Not the slightest bit excited about the new season and honestly can't see a game before Newcastle if that. The club really don't want fans like us so whats the point. The club expect fans like us to just keep turning up even though they really don't give two shits about us because we're at the age now where we're "hooked" and can't stop going. Whilst the FCC is full of delusional muppets (with a few exceptions, definitely) and money is more important than everything, we won't have a voice, period. Reckon I'll be picking my aways carefully next season, rather do 4 or 5 aways properly with the right faces than go through the grind wasting obscene sums of money with a large away support in the mould of Cov away.
CosbehFox Posted 26 July 2009 Posted 26 July 2009 Shrewsfan, how did we compare to West Brom (if ya went)?
Sods Posted 26 July 2009 Posted 26 July 2009 Gotta just say quickly, I like Ben Davies on Football Manager Reason A why Notts County will get easy promotion this season.
Bert Posted 26 July 2009 Posted 26 July 2009 We were really good in the first half yesterday. Solid in all areas, devastating on the break. Adams was by far and out the best player on the pitch for us, in the first half anyway. He had a hand in every goal, and worked his socks of all game. I noticed Shakey was speaking to him during the warm-up too. Dyer played well, actually mixed it up a bit, crossing, beating his man, cutting inside, and scored the goal of the game too. Wellens was good again, looks like he'll lie deep and carry the ball out. He has great vision and awareness and he'll certainly be key for us next season. Oakley was a bit rusty, but still looked ok. Hobbs was solid, he's just so depenadble and I'll be shocked if he doesn't start with Tunch against Swansea. Neilson had some good moments and bad moments, can see his throw being very useful. Berner started off slowly but looked solid. Morrison will get turned inside out in the champonship. Howard was colossol and won everything, he has such a great touch and the amount of space he creates for others is really good. N'Guessan got caught offside a few times, but he still kept going and got his reward with a neat finish, he'll be useful for us next season. Dickov would struggle at Leaue Two next season I think. The Tunch was off the pace, but that's to be expected, yet he was still fairly solid. Gradel was his usual. energetic self, was uncluky as things just didn't seem to want to come off for him. In the next two games, I think we'll get a clearer picture of how the team's going to look for the first game of the season. The second half was dull, but knowing Pearson he would've told the lads to enjoy their football, but don't go over the top, as he doesn't want any injuries.
davieG Posted 26 July 2009 Posted 26 July 2009 Report Do you think Tunch will be fit enough to start against the Swans, he's not really played that much?
Bert Posted 26 July 2009 Posted 26 July 2009 Do you think Tunch will be fit enough to start against the Swans, he's not really played that much? I don't think there's a question on his fitness, it's just is match practice etc that's lacking. Hoprfully he can get 45 in against Chesterfield and then 90 in against Vallodollid, followed by a full weeks training to get him in full shape. Brown's injured at the minute, and with Neilson suspended for the first two games, it's looking likely that Morrsion will have to start right back against the taffs, which takes another of our centre backs out of the equation.
Smudge Posted 26 July 2009 Posted 26 July 2009 We were really good in the first half yesterday. Solid in all areas, devastating on the break. Adams was by far and out the best player on the pitch for us, in the first half anyway. He had a hand in every goal, and worked his socks of all game. I noticed Shakey was speaking to him during the warm-up too. Dyer played well, actually mixed it up a bit, crossing, beating his man, cutting inside, and scored the goal of the game too.Wellens was good again, looks like he'll lie deep and carry the ball out. He has great vision and awareness and he'll certainly be key for us next season. Oakley was a bit rusty, but still looked ok. Hobbs was solid, he's just so depenadble and I'll be shocked if he doesn't start with Tunch against Swansea. Neilson had some good moments and bad moments, can see his throw being very useful. Berner started off slowly but looked solid. Morrison will get turned inside out in the champonship. Howard was colossol and won everything, he has such a great touch and the amount of space he creates for others is really good. N'Guessan got caught offside a few times, but he still kept going and got his reward with a neat finish, he'll be useful for us next season. Dickov would struggle at Leaue Two next season I think. The Tunch was off the pace, but that's to be expected, yet he was still fairly solid. Gradel was his usual. energetic self, was uncluky as things just didn't seem to want to come off for him. In the next two games, I think we'll get a clearer picture of how the team's going to look for the first game of the season. The second half was dull, but knowing Pearson he would've told the lads to enjoy their football, but don't go over the top, as he doesn't want any injuries. Great post Bert, thanks for the insight.
Vlad The Impaler Posted 26 July 2009 Posted 26 July 2009 We were really good in the first half yesterday. Solid in all areas, devastating on the break. Adams was by far and out the best player on the pitch for us, in the first half anyway. He had a hand in every goal, and worked his socks of all game. I noticed Shakey was speaking to him during the warm-up too. Dyer played well, actually mixed it up a bit, crossing, beating his man, cutting inside, and scored the goal of the game too.Wellens was good again, looks like he'll lie deep and carry the ball out. He has great vision and awareness and he'll certainly be key for us next season. Oakley was a bit rusty, but still looked ok. Hobbs was solid, he's just so depenadble and I'll be shocked if he doesn't start with Tunch against Swansea. Neilson had some good moments and bad moments, can see his throw being very useful. Berner started off slowly but looked solid. Morrison will get turned inside out in the champonship. Howard was colossol and won everything, he has such a great touch and the amount of space he creates for others is really good. N'Guessan got caught offside a few times, but he still kept going and got his reward with a neat finish, he'll be useful for us next season. Dickov would struggle at Leaue Two next season I think. The Tunch was off the pace, but that's to be expected, yet he was still fairly solid. Gradel was his usual. energetic self, was uncluky as things just didn't seem to want to come off for him. In the next two games, I think we'll get a clearer picture of how the team's going to look for the first game of the season. The second half was dull, but knowing Pearson he would've told the lads to enjoy their football, but don't go over the top, as he doesn't want any injuries. Yeah, Great Post Am I alone in thinking Morrison will be ok next season though?
Guest Posted 26 July 2009 Posted 26 July 2009 greetings from sunny shrewsbury. decent stadium, fab weather, and i spot FT members! Any particular ones? I enjoyed the first half, some great play. We eased off a fair bit in the 2nd, I guess that was to be expected, although I would have liked to have seen us get a couple more. Why oh why oh why oh why is Dickov still here?
AjcW Posted 26 July 2009 Author Posted 26 July 2009 Any particular ones? I enjoyed the first half, some great play. We eased off a fair bit in the 2nd, I guess that was to be expected, although I would have liked to have seen us get a couple more. Why oh why oh why oh why is Dickov still here? I was with sly foxes and it was probably our first time of seeing you lot but couldnt really put names to faces, hopefully get to know you a little more as the season goes on.. any group of people with a sense of humour like that deserve respect
Guest Posted 26 July 2009 Posted 26 July 2009 I was with sly foxes and it was probably our first time of seeing you lot but couldnt really put names to faces, hopefully get to know you a little more as the season goes on.. any group of people with a sense of humour like that deserve respect Aha..... you have a distinct advantage, as I could walk past you, and not realise it!
AjcW Posted 26 July 2009 Author Posted 26 July 2009 Aha..... you have a distinct advantage, as I could walk past you, and not realise it! I dont know really, i wouldnt mind knowing a few of you, mainly to use you for lifts obviously . Honestly though it was a really good laugh yesterday and I think its great that we cant take that many fans to a pre season game.
Guest Posted 26 July 2009 Posted 26 July 2009 I dont know really, i wouldnt mind knowing a few of you, mainly to use you for lifts obviously .Honestly though it was a really good laugh yesterday and I think its great that we cant take that many fans to a pre season game. Ha ha, the real reason emerges! We have a good core of fans who follow the team, and I feel happier when there is a smaller away following than having us all diluted among the daytrippers. *waits for torrents of abuse*
AjcW Posted 26 July 2009 Author Posted 26 July 2009 Ha ha, the real reason emerges! We have a good core of fans who follow the team, and I feel happier when there is a smaller away following than having us all diluted among the daytrippers. *waits for torrents of abuse* No its a fair comment, I think in pre season though you just have to accept it was a nice summer day out for various families.
Corky Posted 26 July 2009 Posted 26 July 2009 We have a good core of fans who follow the team, and I feel happier when there is a smaller away following than having us all diluted among the daytrippers. Sorry about that
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.