David Guiza Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 Fair enough, 9/10 is too high, but he was a lot better than usual. I'd rather play Adams than Gradel based the pre season friendlies. I'd agree with that, but i'd hope that we have another right mid lined up as i don't think Adams or Gradel are good enough for 90mins week in week out in the championship based on last season.
Mark Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 I'd agree with that, but i'd hope that we have another right mid lined up as i don't think Adams or Gradel are good enough for 90mins week in week out in the championship based on last season. Can see Pearson starting with Oakley most games out on the right, Gradel will be used as an impact sub on either flank, I'd be surprised if Adams is still here at the end of August.
Fox92 Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 I agree, we are more desperate than any other position. I think our Defence and Midfield look pretty damn good tbh. Agree with the defence, I think that is great. Think that the midfield is ok, we have enough midfielders within the club and that but I still think we lack bite or a holding man although Richie Wellens may cover this.
Gaffer Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 If we're laughing at Newcastle United then..............http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8166024.stm Massive Was sitting in front of jobber and the lot at the back, class banter
Basingstoke Fox Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 Portsmouth are going down this year. Possibly, but it is still a good achievement for a conference south side, and a shit one at that .
purpleronnie Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 Whether newcastle lost or not its irrelevant look at all the crazy friendly results, newcastle will still get promoted.
Brainy Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 Hobbs, Dyer x2, N'Guessan.Haha, I'm so glad people have smelt the coffee and finally calling him shit and slagging him off, I know there were a few haters like me when we signed but alot were happy with his signing. ?
CosbehFox Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 Wellens played alright today. Adams was really quite good. I'd rate them like this: Weale 6 (not tested, good quick distribution), Neilson 4 (very average at best, poor passing, long throws but that is it - pretty much what the Hearts fan said), Morrison 5 (average, crap passing though), Hobbs 7 (strong), Berner 6 (reasonable), Adams 9 (very good, passing, touch, running - best player), Oakley 6 (usual, nothing special), Wellens 7 (tidy, did a job), Dyer 8 (I guess he's playing well 'cause it's summer!), Howard 6 (average), N'Guessan 7 (exciting, has potential - the guy can run!). As for the subs that I can remember: Tunchev (better than every defender), O'Neill (average), Gradel (usual), King (good, better than Oakley), Dickov (we need a striker!). Were you there today? I noticed ya posted during. Neilson ain't that bad...he kept it simple. Berner took about 25 minutes to get his arse in gear. Adams has always been a hard worker with an eye for a pass but sometime he tries too hard. Wellens was by far the best player on the pitch, his technique tells you he was an United trainee and he clearly is a brilliant passer of the ball. As for Tunchev, he was a bit annoyed with himself because he was off the pace that much (expected). We were alright...if a bit casual at times but expected when you do the job within a few minutes.
Matt Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 ? http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...=dickov%20signs Plenty of people happy in that thread. Not to mention a few deluded City fans I know who reckoned he'd score 20+ goals last season.
flanimal Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 Were you there today? I noticed ya posted during. Internet phone, mate I agree with everything you said. Adams lacks experience, and it's clear why Wellens cost £1m. Neilson's probably best when he's in a scrappy evenly matched game, not sure about him - probably better than Gilbert.
Tommeh Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 Still not attented a pre-season match yet, I thought I'd miss it a lot more than I am. Just don't seem to want to go down at the moment. Same here mate. Got a txt off Joe to go this game last night and didn't give it a seconds thought. Not the slightest bit excited about the new season and honestly can't see a game before Newcastle if that. The club really don't want fans like us so whats the point.
Matt Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 I've only been Tamworth, thought I might go today but didn't bother in the end. Really don't enjoy friendlies, I understand they are needed but as a fan and going for entertainment - it just doesn't work for me, I find them boring yet I try to go to a few every year. I'm just getting excited for the new season, It hit me about Thursday that the season is close and started getting excited, can't wait now, the 'summer' (Can you call the weather we have had on a whole over the last few weeks and months summer?) hasn't been too bad, i'm normally gutted and bored from the moment the season ends but it's not been too bad.
CosbehFox Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 I probably make the effort to attend to one of them and preferably a local club who could do with the money. I don't mind the relaxed atmosphere and just having a chainwag about footy with ya mates tbh. Some funny banter today anyways and another club who were pretty accomdating towards us despite a police presence.
Vlad The Impaler Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 I've only been Tamworth, thought I might go today but didn't bother in the end. Really don't enjoy friendlies, I understand they are needed but as a fan and going for entertainment - it just doesn't work for me, I find them boring yet I try to go to a few every year.I'm just getting excited for the new season, It hit me about Thursday that the season is close and started getting excited, can't wait now, the 'summer' (Can you call the weather we have had on a whole over the last few weeks and months summer?) hasn't been too bad, i'm normally gutted and bored from the moment the season ends but it's not been too bad. Can totally relate with you there I'm so pumped for the new season now, I wish it started tomorrow, I NEED FOOTBALL!! The summer has been pretty good though tbh. I think the reason i'm excited/nervous is because this game is going to be one of the most important of the upcoming season. I'm looking forward to see how we come up against a good footballing side like Swansea aswell. I'm confident we can give it a right good go this year aswell. Let's just do the best as we can as supporters of our beloved team and get right behind the lads from the first whistle to the last and i'm sure the players will respond (Look at Stoke). We may not have the quality of West Brom or as much money as Newcastle but we may have one of the best team spirit's in the league and that may get us through. I for one think that we will give it a right good go this season and I can't wait, it may be one hell of a rollercoaster of a ride but what the heck, let's go for it boys. Here's to a season of Excitement/Joy/Last minute goals/Good football/Laughter/Wrong Decisons/Hapiness and hopefully a few goals UP THE CITY!!
morris1234 Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 Can totally relate with you there I'm so pumped for the new season now, I wish it started tomorrow, I NEED FOOTBALL!! The summer has been pretty good though tbh. I think the reason i'm excited/nervous is because this game is going to be one of the most important of the upcoming season. I'm looking forward to see how we come up against a good footballing side like Swansea aswell. I'm confident we can give it a right good go this year aswell. Let's just do the best as we can as supporters of our beloved team and get right behind the lads from the first whistle to the last and i'm sure the players will respond (Look at Stoke). We may not have the quality of West Brom or as much money as Newcastle but we may have one of the best team spirit's in the league and that may get us through. I for one think that we will give it a right good go this season and I can't wait, it may be one hell of a rollercoaster of a ride but what the heck, let's go for it boys. Here's to a season of Excitement/Joy/Last minute goals/Good football/Laughter/Wrong Decisons/Hapiness and hopefully a few goals UP THE CITY!! :fox: :fox:
AjcW Posted 25 July 2009 Author Posted 25 July 2009 Shes got Chlamydia shes got chlamydia shes got chlamydia... Does she take it does she take it does she take it up the arse... Some of the funniest chanting ever made the second half bareable today .
Vlad The Impaler Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 Shes got Chlamydia shes got chlamydia shes got chlamydia...Does she take it does she take it does she take it up the arse... Some of the funniest chanting ever made the second half bareable today . Haha, My mate said something about that, Brilliant!
PAULCFC Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 Went today,but for me it was about getting to see the Shrews newish ground,and to think we've sold our soul!I went to Gay Meadow a couple of times and i remember it as a really nice ground with the River Seven right next to it ,a man in a coricle who used to get the ball out the river,Now it's just a plastic ground in the middle of nowhere.As for the match Adams before Max and we really need a couple of Strikers.Looking forward to Chesterfield on Tuesday as this is one of the last chances to go to an old school ground.jumpers for goalposts and all that:-)
PAULCFC Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 YOUR GOING HOME IN A SHROPSHIRE AMBULANCE was the best chant for me!
DannySHREWS Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 Hi, Shrews fan here. Unfortunetly we have lost 4-5 players within the last few weeks who would be in our starting XI which means the confidence is very low around here, as you can tell it has effected the attendance and performance heavily. We are expecting to spend abit of money within the next week or so and after today it has just shown even more how much we need to strengthen. As for the game i didnt expect anything other then what happened with our current situation, poor defending for the goals + the added quality you clearly have over us made it easy. A couple of quality finishes, plus bad defending from a corner but we have come to expect that from corners! Second half i think we played alot better and passed it pretty well and made a couple of chances, but obviuosly that is partly down to the fact you slowed down after putting the game way out of reach. We had no answer for Steve Howard and Lloyd Dyer. Anyway best of luck for the coming season!
DannySHREWS Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 All our squad numbers have changed for pre season so i cant say i noticed who had which number!
Samilktray Posted 25 July 2009 Posted 25 July 2009 We had no answer for Steve Howard You can have him.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.