Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

2009 - This year in music gone

It's definately got their style written all over it, however it is slightly different in the actual sound. My favourite song is the title track because it's one of the shorter songs on the album, they have a couple of lengthy numbers and recently I haven't either had the patience or time to just sit and enjoy a piece of music, now however the exams are over I have a feeling that this will change dramatically.

-----------------------------------------------------

Killswitch Engage's new album is definately very good, I've just finished listening through it. Would highly recommend getting it when it comes out on the 30th if you like any of their stuff.

What do you think of the Australian trios new releases (Karnivool, Dead Letter Circus & Cog)? Only been introduced to them recently and found out they've all released something the last few months...

• 4 weeks later...

the last 12 months for music has been the best that i can remember for years.highlights for me:

bombay bicycle club-i had the blues but shook them off

yeah yeah yeahs-its blitz

marmaduke duke-duke pandemonium

passion pit-manners

make the most of it next year we will be back to deadly dull guitar bands like the enemy.

5 That will be in my Top 10 come December:

Wave Machines - Wave If You're Really There

Passion Pit - Manners

Esser - Braveface

Maccabees - Wall Of Arms

Discovery - LP

Dan Black - Un

Frank Turner - Love, Ire and Song + The First Three Years

2 More definates for the top 10.

The only two (I think) albums i've bought this year are Kasabian - West Rider Pauper Lunatic Asylum and Florence + The Machine - Lungs. Both brilliant.

Really need to get into buying albums again, I can't actually remember the last album I bought (Kasabian/Florence + The Machine were bought with a iTunes voucher).

I think The View - Which Bitch? Deserves a mention.

It got a bit of bad press and it didn't do well in the charts but I think it's a bit of a gem. I think it's much better than their debut.

I've always liked the band, they've always been put in a group with other NME hyped ball bags but I think they are better than that.

Also can't wait for Jamie T's new one, Sticks N Stones is classic JT.

I'm really loving Alexisonfire's Old Crows/Young Cardinals

A friend has just lent it to me and it's grown very quickly on me

Start with Watch Out! cause Dallas Green sings no end on that album, which is obviously a great thing!

What Mark said. No Transitory is a beauty.

Ive listened to it a few times today, and I think despite starting out slating him, Asher Roths is actually my favourite album this year so far.

Lion's Roar, I like.

Ive listened to it a few times today, and I think despite starting out slating him, Asher Roths is actually my favourite album this year so far.

Besides the first 3 songs i couldn't get into it.

Another couple for my Top 10:

Florence And The Machine - Lungs

Friendly Fires - Friendly Fires

Besides the first 3 songs i couldn't get into it.

Another couple for my Top 10:

Florence And The Machine - Lungs

Friendly Fires - Friendly Fires

Both brilliant albums. However, 2009 for me is all about revisiting the 80's:-

duran-rcm.jpg

Duran Duran - Red Carpet Massacre

DebutSeagulls.jpg

A flock of seagulls.

Don't knock 'em till you've tried 'em!

Archived