Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

2009 - This year in music gone

Sorry, I'm going to detour from the cover picture efforts...

The Decemberists - The Hazards of Love

Bat for Lashes - Two Suns

Fever Ray - Fever Ray

The Maccabees - Wall of Arms

Great Lake Swimmers - Lost Channels

- Its a bit of a thin year so far, but these are my favorites.

Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion

The Bird And The Bee - Ray Guns Are Not Just The Future

Datarock - Red

Freeland - Cope

Fredo Viola - The Turn

Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest

Junior Boys - Begone Dull Care

Kasabian - West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum

Little Boots - Hands

Malajube - Labyrinthes

Miike Snow - Miike Snow

Passion Pit - Manners

Patrick Watson - Wooden Hands

Sholi - Sholi

Star****er - Jupiter

Vitaminsforyou - He Closed His Eyes So He Could Dance With You

Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion

The Bird And The Bee - Ray Guns Are Not Just The Future

yes and very much yes....

also have to mention -

røyksopp - Junior

My personal favourites of the year so far:

wewerepromisedjetpacks.jpg

We Were Promised Jetpacks - These Four Walls

heyeveryone300.jpg

Dananananaykroyd - Hey Everyone

3162331233451398.jpg

Grammatics - Grammatics

Can't help but think that if Sum41 or Blink 182 were any good then this is what they would sound like.

Puts me off the album a little!!

Jeffrey Lewis and The Junkyard - 'Em are I

Camera Obscura - My Maudlin Career

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz!

Morrissey - Years of Refusal

British Sea Power - Man of Aran

It's been a good year for albums, well for the sort of albums I like anyway. And we've still got God Help the Girl in a week or so and a new Fall album later in the year, supposedly.

Hurrah

Atleast he don't get his opinions out of NME. Who's the next big NME band ?

Fuck off you Gallagher bumming, jizz stain on the carpet of society. Come back to me when you've learnt what an informed musical opinion is.

For the record it is not - 'Oasis is well better than you innit lolz Da NME is like well rubbish izit braapppp'

Fuck off you Gallagher bumming, jizz stain on the carpet of society. Come back to me when you've learnt what an informed musical opinion is.

For the record it is not - 'Oasis is well better than you innit lolz Da NME is like well rubbish izit braapppp'

Oh a real mature response from you as usual :rolleyes:

You know Oasis are on the cover of NME this week ? Typical isn't it, the die hards like yourself slag them off but they still end up on the front.

Oh a real mature response from you as usual :rolleyes:

You know Oasis are on the cover of NME this week ? Typical isn't it, the die hards like yourself slag them off but they still end up on the front.

I've never slagged Oasis off, i've slagged you off for being such a music tard who buries your head in Liam Gallaghers bumhole rather than listening to anything else or the opinions of anyone else.

Also, fair enough i'm hardly mature - but that coming from you is rich.

Mastodon's Crack The Skye and Killswitch Engage's new self titled album, when it comes out, get it, it's a cracker

Have yet to listen to this, but read lots of hype about it. They've been very much hit & miss in the past for me though.

Have yet to listen to this, but read lots of hype about it. They've been very much hit & miss in the past for me though.

It's definately got their style written all over it, however it is slightly different in the actual sound. My favourite song is the title track because it's one of the shorter songs on the album, they have a couple of lengthy numbers and recently I haven't either had the patience or time to just sit and enjoy a piece of music, now however the exams are over I have a feeling that this will change dramatically.

-----------------------------------------------------

Killswitch Engage's new album is definately very good, I've just finished listening through it. Would highly recommend getting it when it comes out on the 30th if you like any of their stuff.

Archived