Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

2009 - This year in music gone

What do you think of the Australian trios new releases (Karnivool, Dead Letter Circus & Cog)? Only been introduced to them recently and found out they've all released something the last few months...

Good band but not as good as the lead singers other band Birds Of Tokyo.

Cog aren't to bad but nothing flash.

Band Of Skulls - Baby Darling Doll Face Honey

band-of-skulls.jpg

A little bit of classic rock (Suzi Quatro springs to mind), a leadsinger whose voice reminds me of the Kings Of Leon guy, a pretty lass with a bass ( :wub: ) and some really, really good tracks. That's all I need.

• 3 weeks later...

Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz

The Decemberists - The Hazards of Love

Ive not really listened to alot of music this year but the few albums ive managed to sit and listen to were really good imo.

• 2 weeks later...
Hard for me to look past Relapse - Eminem.

Brilliant.

Well I never thought id say this but I one hundred percent agree with you.

And I also want to say theres not alot of love for rnb or black music in general on here is there... Ive only got into it myself over the last year but I love it now.

So albums:

Relapse: Eminem.

Love and War: Daniel Merriweather (Guilty Pleasure, absolutely love the album).

The E.N.D: Black Eyed Peas.

Its not me its you: Lilly Allen.

The Fame: Gaga(Sorry in advance).

and when its eventually released in november Rebirth: Lil Wayne will be on there(heard about 6 tracks already)

Little Comets

Think we've all heard of Marmaduke Duke by now.

The XX

:wub: ESSER!!!! :wub:

Just checked out The XX :).

Thank you to whoever originally recommended them (Hairy?, if not anyone before him)

:thumbup:

I actually mention them on the same page a bit earlier in the thread so apparently i quite liked them.

And you're welcome :P

Its a mess isnt it really.. was meant to be april, now november "Because he wants to make it perfect"

Mate, that's nothing compared to Lostprophets (taken from Wiki):

Due to the issues the band faced whilst making the album, its release was delayed many times. Initially the band wished for a quick-follow up to Liberation Transmission, hoping to release the album before the end of 2007. The band soon revised this timeframe, hoping to release a single in Autumn 2007 and the album as soon as possible afterwards. Before the Feldmann sessions were scrapped, the release was set for mid-2008.With the second attempt at recording underway in late 2008, the band planned to release a single in April and the album in June 2009. In May 2009 a Youtube blog reported the release to be August or September of that year.

Stuart Richardson announced via Twitter that the album was totally finished on July 26 2009. The website for the magazine Rock Sound subsequently revealed that the album had been delayed once more to early 2010, and that the first single is "It's Not the End of the World But I Can See It from Here", due for release in October 2009. The title and several tracks were revealed in the August 5 issue of Kerrang! magazine. "It's Not the End of the World" was played for the first time on Zane Lowe's BBC Radio 1 show on August 19.

So from late 2007 to 2010 :(

Because he wants to make it perfect lol I dont think so.

More like its been shelved by the label.

You reckon.

I suppose its his attempt at diversity like Kanye with his last album.

Maybe he does want it to be, lets not say perfect, but as good as it possibly can be.

And its his own label isnt it, so he would only be shelving his own album lol.

Archived