Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

Cardiff Post Match

I don't care if it is 'only' the cup, I hate seeing us lose.

Some have suggested that we played quite well today, but I beg to differ, we had our moments but in the main we flattered to deceive!

Weale beaten from distance again, it's just starting to trouble me. Good free kick but weale's positioning was poor.

The whole back 4 was flaky, Hobbs had the jitters, Brown despite a couple of decent tackles was poor on the floor and McGivern was hopelessly caught out for the goal. Even the usually reliable Morrison seemed to find himdelf caught up in all the nonsense.

Oakley and Wellens both played quite well without ever looking like they could take control of the match an Gallagher produced nothing from open play. N'Guessan was at times excellent but again proved he is a striker, not a wide midfielder.

Yanni and Waghorn played like strangers, no communication whatsoever, Waghorn was busy and pacy but achieved nothing of note. Yanni takes up good positions but forever seems to be without support. Needs to play further forward for me.

Fryatt, when he came on, looked quite sharp, but by then we were on the back foot and the game was beyond us, even if 4-2 was taking the piss somewhat.

No chance of getting to Barnsley on a weeknight, so good luck to those making the trip!

They wont slump they now need urgently to get berner fit and get in new left back, bring in Taylor for brown and another striker they can turn it around, hope Solano will add some much needed quality to the squad, today they played okay but these wannabe footballers like Mcgivern need to be taken out the heat. Fresh faces will help reviatalise the squad. We do have some weak links time to releave them from the team
All Cardiffs goals came from phases of play directed down their right hand side (our left...). I thought McGivern had one of his better days, yet was still dire. His game was laden with individual errors, needless hoofs. Opposition managers are clearly going to start targetting him, he is by far and away our weakest link. To be honest I'm amazed he's made it this far in football - the lads got nothing. He gets beaten for pace and acceleration (even when he's got a large head start), he seemingly can't defend and he's making Wayne Brown look worse for it.

Cardiffs first goal came from a play where they went down our left, McGivern was out of position so Brown went to deal with it. He didn't. Good cross - 0-1.

Like I said its no coincidence all 4 goals eminated from our left hand side. The lads got to go, and as for Bruno Berner - PLEASE GET FIT! :thumbup:

How the fook is he under contract at Man City?!

Disappointing - but at least its not a League game. And when we do play them in the League lets not play McGivern again - because Dave Jones will do what he did today when he realised how shit our LB is...

i think it's time for some city fans to take a step back and think about things before just churning out this kind of crap....

only WBA have scored more goals than cardiff in the league this season, and they have two of the leagues top strikers,

by all accounts, the first goal was a great cross, the second a fluke, and the last two when we were heavily committed going forward were pinball type affairs...

oh and as for mcgivern and "To be honest I'm amazed he's made it this far in football" - what exactly do you mean? how has he played 5 games for morcambe and precious few more for us...? to be honest this criticism of him is getting embarrassing, just cause he's on man city's books people are expecting him to be world class...

lol.

Its funny looking at things from a distance like I have (been abroad for a lot of the last 18 months) and I kept popping on to see whats going on with my beloved Leicester only to pbe completely baffled by the topsy turvy opinions from our fans! Today typifies how fudged up some are. Go read the match day thread where we seem to go from doom and gloom when we go a goal down and then we are world beaters when leading. The world is then ending for many prats after we manage to grab defeat from the jaws of victory lol

Priceless Leicester City fans although to be fair, many fans act the same idiotic way :dunno:

Hmmmmmmmm, when things are going well, the players stand together. When things don't go well, heads drop and shit happens...

Kind of mirrors a lot of 'supporters'* on here don't ya think?

*used in the loosest possible sense. Going to games doesn't make you a supporter.

aah well. At least the fixtures won't start piling up from replays and re-arrangements of league games due to the fa cup.

Also if Cardiff win the FA Cup do we qualify for the UEFA cup next season as runners up in the welsh FA Cup?

like when the runners up of the FA Cup would qualify for europe if the winners had already qualified by league cup or league.

i think it's time for some city fans to take a step back and think about things before just churning out this kind of crap....

only WBA have scored more goals than cardiff in the league this season, and they have two of the leagues top strikers,

by all accounts, the first goal was a great cross, the second a fluke, and the last two when we were heavily committed going forward were pinball type affairs...

oh and as for mcgivern and "To be honest I'm amazed he's made it this far in football" - what exactly do you mean? how has he played 5 games for morcambe and precious few more for us...? to be honest this criticism of him is getting embarrassing, just cause he's on man city's books people are expecting him to be world class...

If your telling me Ryan McGivern is an adequate left sided defender - your having an absolute chuckle. Bring back Chris Powell :thumbup:

Some have suggested that we played quite well today, but I beg to differ, we had our moments but in the main we flattered to deceive!

And people say I'm negative. :dunno:

If your telling me Ryan McGivern is an adequate left sided defender - your having an absolute chuckle. Bring back Chris Powell :thumbup:

no, i said people who are questioning him should considered their expectations based on the fact that he's only played a few FL games.

adequacy is all relative anyway. is he adequate for our means and level? yes, i think he is - could we have a better player in that position, of course, but would we find a better player that has only made a dozen FL starts, probably not, and like it or not, we are stuck with inexperience with enthusiasm versus experience and over the hill.

berner is where we have invested in this position, he's injured so it comes down to these two options. what evidence is there to suggest powell can compete at this level now, a few games a year ago at L1 level is no evidence to prove he can.

And people say I'm negative. :dunno:

The point made in the post was that despite some of our players having decent games we did not perform particularly well as a team, are you seriously suggesting that we played well?

I have no idea why this was the case, I had the temerity to wonder, out loud, whether resting 3-4 of our regular starters may have conveyed the idea to the starting XI that that we were not really up for it.

Having seen the goals a couple times does anyone else question the goalkeeper on Whittingham's freekick? It's a great freekick no doubt but it's come from a long way, and I think Weale's shown us he's capable of saving that earlier in the season.

I made the point elsewhere that I thought Weale was poorly positioned for the free kick, but in isolation I would not be that bothered.

What does bother me is that he has been beaten a good few times this season from long range, that is troubling!

The point made in the post was that despite some of our players having decent games we did not perform particularly well as a team, are you seriously suggesting that we played well?

I have no idea why this was the case, I had the temerity to wonder, out loud, whether resting 3-4 of our regular starters may have conveyed the idea to the starting XI that that we were not really up for it.

Week in, week out you question something about the performance. We could go out there, play Newcastle off the park next week, run in 5-0 winners, and I can guarantee you'll find fault with something.

lol.

Its funny looking at things from a distance like I have (been abroad for a lot of the last 18 months) and I kept popping on to see whats going on with my beloved Leicester only to pbe completely baffled by the topsy turvy opinions from our fans! Today typifies how fudged up some are. Go read the match day thread where we seem to go from doom and gloom when we go a goal down and then we are world beaters when leading. The world is then ending for many prats after we manage to grab defeat from the jaws of victory lol

Priceless Leicester City fans although to be fair, many fans act the same idiotic way :dunno:

Prison? ;):giggle:

Helloooo btw :thumbup:

Week in, week out you question something about the performance. We could go out there, play Newcastle off the park next week, run in 5-0 winners, and I can guarantee you'll find fault with something.

Am I dreaming?

You mean we didn't lose 4-2 to a decent but not exceptional Cardiff side?

Obviously we played so well there was nothing to criticise. Hope we get a good draw in the 5th round!

The next time we beat anyone 5-0, I will let you know if I can find fault.

Archived