Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

Cardiff Post Match

Am I dreaming?

You mean we didn't lose 4-2 to a decent but not exceptional Cardiff side?

Obviously we played so well there was nothing to criticise. Hope we get a good draw in the 5th round!

The next time we beat anyone 5-0, I will let you know if I can find fault.

Wow. We lost a game. The end of the world is nigh.

Blah blah blah.

Is that better?

Let's be honest, and face the fact that we are just an average championship side.

We must asses the situation at the end of the season, and look forward to building a quality side.

This won't happen if M.M. is still here next term.

Yeah... I think everyone except you and the other assorted ****** realise we're an average championship side. We're not exactly title contenders are we?

How is Mandaric at fault? I don't understand...

Wow. We lost a game. The end of the world is nigh.

Blah blah blah.

Is that better?

I said what I thought of our performance. I did not slag off any particular player or preach doom and gloom.

I merely pointed out that a) We did not play particularly well as a team and b) I thought we lacked some of our usual commitment.

I should have said, 'blah the blah off, blah.

But no, I chose to give my views to those who may be interested.

Blah a blah!

I did not .... preach doom and gloom.

Really? :unsure:

It's all I ever read in your posts. I don't think I've read anything that could be construed as a positive.

Let's be honest, and face the fact that we are just an average championship side.

We must asses the situation at the end of the season, and look forward to building a quality side.

And just who would you like to come in and own us?

Come on I'm serious. Put up some serious names who are going to rush to buy us!

Anybody get caught up in any violence after game in the concourse?

About 10 Cardiff lads, walked straight into the away concourse straight past the police, definately were looking for a fight.

We're as average as 21 of the other 23 clubs in the league. We'll have good days and bad days and the consistency will only come when we start to play people in their proper positions and decide on our best 11, not keep chopping and changing every week.

Mandaric is the best option we've got. I don't like him as a person and I trust him as far as I could throw him but I don't see Sullivan & Gold or any wealthy sheikhs fighting over who's going to be our new owner. Besides, you only have to look at Pompey as a classic example of "Be careful what you wish for".

Really? :unsure:

It's all I ever read in your posts. I don't think I've read anything that could be construed as a positive.

I had no idea that your reading ability was so limited!

The number of times I have highlighted how well we have played are way too many to go back and count. My complaints (if that is what they are) is that despite some excellent play from time to time we fail to build on this promise and in extremis, revert to the long ball game that won us League 1.

Suggesting that League 1 style play and tactics will not get us promotion is hardly negative, if anything it is a plea for us to make the best of our resources and up our game to the standards that I believe our current squad are capable.

That actually makes me one of the most positive posters on this forum, because I really believe that our current team are far better than recent performances have indicated and that while promotion is probably beyond us this season (Newcastle, Forest and WBA are way beyond us) we should be building towards next season by growing up as a team and trying to play the kind of football that will make us genuine promotion candidates next time around.

If you think that is negative then FFS put me on ignore, I can do without the hassle!

The number of times I have highlighted how well we have played are way too many to go back and count. My complaints (if that is what they are) is that despite some excellent play from time to time we fail to build on this promise and in extremis, revert to the long ball game that won us League 1.

Suggesting that League 1 style play and tactics will not get us promotion is hardly negative, if anything it is a plea for us to make the best of our resources and up our game to the standards that I believe our current squad are capable.

That actually makes me one of the most positive posters on this forum, because I really believe that our current team are far better than recent performances have indicated and that while promotion is probably beyond us this season (Newcastle, Forest and WBA are way beyond us) we should be building towards next season by growing up as a team and trying to play the kind of football that will make us genuine promotion candidates next time around.

If you think that is negative then FFS put me on ignore, I can do without the hassle!

Don't be intimidated. It goes with the territory. You make excellent points.

What Thracian says, don't let it phase you. If you don't want the hassle don't post. I wouldn't for one moment wish you to stop, marbella, the forum needs every eloquent purveyor of opinions it can get - despite our rows I'd have Thracian over a hundred ibbosuks and ob1wankernob10s; but it's very much true that criticism comes with the territory the more you engage people on here.

I think Lisa's frustrations simply stem from the persistent wish to see change and question the manner in which we are playing. To an extent I agree with you, I'm a strong advocate in passing football, attacking football and I do think we have the stock at Leicester City to put this sort of game into practice. At times with Waghorn and Fryatt in the side we've looked explosive without resorting to up-field hoofing.

But ultimately you can get out of this league playing ugly football (and stay in the one above, Stoke anyone?) And we were holding a play off position on the merits of our style of play, hoofball included. It isn't fantastic to watch, I concede, but then you have to go a long, long way back to find a City side that truly played gorgeous football - it's no surprise that the more tolerant people of our way of playing on this forum seemed to grow up, like me, watching City in the 90s.

I trust in Pearson. Not blindly nor naively so but I trust him to use what he has in his hand to see that we move forward in the way that he can personally best deliver. Not every manager is a master tactician, a monster motivator or a savant of the buying art; Pearson must work with his given attributes to find success for the club and he's done so consistently since his arrival. Enough to, in my opinion, warrant a little bit of patience if the football is ugly from time to time or the results turn against us in a difficult, competitive and challenging league.

disappointed now about the lack of a tie at chelski but still...

Anyone else think that the penalty decision changed the game, if thats awarded and we score then they're chasing the game.

What does that lead to? Gaps in their defence as they go all out, which we could have then exploited and taken the tie.

Hassle? You think this is hassle? I pity you if that is the case. If you want to give up posting on a forum because somebody disagrees with you, perhaps the internet isn't the place for you. Or you could try taking your own advice, if it bothers you that much.

You don't highlight when we've played well, despite what you think. You always pick up on the flaws in any performance. You never seem to enjoy a good win, whatever style it is played in. I find it frustrating because we are essentially the same squad that won League One last season, and for that reason, I applaud some of the results we've had this season. Even if it hasn't been pretty. I am glad that we aren't struggling at the bottom of this division for a change. Whenever I see your name in a post match thread, I know what's coming.

You didn't pick out any of the positives from Saturday's game. Did you not think the quality of our set pieces had improved from previous weeks? Did you not think that N'Guessan worried the Cardiff full backs? Did you not take comfort in the fact that the introduction of Fryatt made the Cardiff back line nervous?

Gutted we are out, only looked like we was going to win it.

I thought the performance was good, couldn't get started until they scored. But we looked as if we was going to score about 4 after that, we really could of and maybe it would of been harsh but who cares. N'Guessan was two players on Saturday, one the young Emile Heskey on the left cutting in and skinning players as well as his arial ability and then at times he seemed to get caught in two minds. Just run at them, I want N'Guessan in the team think hes better then Dyer due to his arial and goalscoring ability.

Yann pretty much won every header however didn't link up with Waghorn who again ran his socks off, Fryatt was disappointing when he came on we needed that goal and he just didn't seem right (was he ill?). Waghorn would of buried the chances Fryatt had got especially the left footed volley he had, but it wasn't to be. N'Guessan should of had a penalty and how close was Yann's header. Lots of positives as we caused problems and looked dangerous especially when we started passing it. Gallagher's set peices were class at times, Morrison couldn't miss that header. Oakley was much better in the centre and Wellens was fairly average however.

Did anyone seem to notice the midfield nowhere near our defence, either too deep or the midfield just didn't come back which is likely with 2 attack minded players. But surely Oakley and Wellens were told to sit and let the wide men do the work, Brown nerves me big time I just can't watch him when he gets the ball or a player running at him. And with McGivern next to him who shits himself all the time we don't look defensively solid. Morrison has been brilliant recently and must be keeping that place at right back.

Maybe you should take your own advice and use the ignore button too in that case?

:dunno:

Would prefer not to.

Despite her self admitted sarkyness (??), Lisa does occasionally have some worthwhile information to pass on.

Now if we had a 'Ignore sarky comments' preference......... :thumbup:

Thracian and Finnegan - Thanks for the support.

I generally try not to rise to the bait but sometimes........ :dunno: :dunno:

As someone who mostly lives abroad I know there are many who read this forum for real information on our club. I have no access to anything that goes on at the club other than what I see matchdays so I try and report what I see (and think) in some detail, for those who would like a bit more information than the more usual 'we were awful / great' and 'so and so is shit' comments that are so common.

I have to be in the UK for a while and my work schedule is pretty light, so I am able to get to more games now than I have managed at any times since my teenage years and since I have the time I write about them on here. I know that I am a harsh critic but if you want the bland, official views then there are plenty of places you can get that.

Despite some comments to the contrary, I am well aware of how far we have come under Pearson, having, on several occasions spent hundreds of pounds on a day trip from my home in Marbella to watch the dross served up by Holloway's relegation side, I, more than many can appreciate the progress we have made.

However I balance this progress with the need to step up yet another level in order to become the genuine promotion contenders that I believe we could be. At this stage of our progress under Mandaric and Pearson that has to be our next target. We have already shown that we can be competitive in this league but we remain a long way short of promotion material.

This is the standard by which I judge our performances, a standard that I fully believe that a club with our resources, fanbase etc should aspire towards.

That is all, I thank you..... :scarf: :scarf:

Archived