Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

Cardiff Post Match

Just got back from the game about half hour ago.

The first half was a bit of a shambles until we equalised. Then when we scored again we were playing really well and Cardiff just seemed to be all over the place.

After half time we came out and were playing well but if McGivern hadn't made that silly challenge then they wouldn't have equalised - there really was no need for it.

I cannot believe that we let them score two goals in two minutes though, we seriously need to sort out the back four. I'm glad Neilson was dropped and Hobbs came back in but even though McGivern played slightly better than usual today, I still feel that he's the weakness at the back.

We had plenty of chances to score but at some points in the game nobody seemed to want to shoot and wasted opportunities by just passing the ball backwards and forwards until we lost possession.

I think substitutions should have been made earlier, I mean was there really any point of bringing Fryatt on so late :/ He didn't exactly have much time to make any sort of impact on the game.

I know there were only about 10,000 fans there but bloody hell they were enough quiet. I have never ever been to a match where it's been that quiet before. I swear our fans barely stopped singing but their fans hardly made a sound. I've got to say though that a lot of our fans chants were really funny. I liked that bloke doing the 'welsh alphabet', "give me a y, give me a y, give me a y.." lol

But I have to say it only got worse after the match, I got perved on by a welsh lad on the train and then got asked out by a welsh midget that looked about twelve and his chubby mate. What a day <_<

Just got back from the game about half hour ago.

The first half was a bit of a shambles until we equalised. Then when we scored again we were playing really well and Cardiff just seemed to be all over the place.

After half time we came out and were playing well but if McGivern hadn't made that silly challenge then they wouldn't have equalised - there really was no need for it.

I cannot believe that we let them score two goals in two minutes though, we seriously need to sort out the back four. I'm glad Neilson was dropped and Hobbs came back in but even though McGivern played slightly better than usual today, I still feel that he's the weakness at the back.

We had plenty of chances to score but at some points in the game nobody seemed to want to shoot and wasted opportunities by just passing the ball backwards and forwards until we lost possession.

I think substitutions should have been made earlier, I mean was there really any point of bringing Fryatt on so late :/ He didn't exactly have much time to make any sort of impact on the game.

I know there were only about 10,000 fans there but bloody hell they were enough quiet. I have never ever been to a match where it's been that quiet before. I swear our fans barely stopped singing but their fans hardly made a sound. I've got to say though that a lot of our fans chants were really funny. I liked that bloke doing the 'welsh alphabet', "give me a y, give me a y, give me a y.." lol

But I have to say it only got worse after the match, I got perved on by a welsh lad on the train and then got asked out by a welsh midget that looked about twelve and his chubby mate. What a day <_<

That was Jobber and a fella stood next to him.

The magic of the FA Cup eh? more empty seats than a Saturday afternoon at the Ricoh arena!

Convinced we will get a response on Tuesday night. :scarf:

Hopefully next season we'll have a decent 3rd round draw and not have to play teams from another country.

Saw the 3 minutes of S4C coverage and the post match gargle, NP looked a tad frosty, next 6 matches shape our season I reckon. We must take maximum points from Donny, Scunny and Barnsley. And I would dearly love us to batter Newcastle.

Strange 'un today, I thought we were pretty decent and we were the ones looking like winning it towards the end with Fryatt having a cracking chance but getting nothing on it and also when he got in behind and produced the worst cut back you'll ever see and a cracking save from Yann's header.

A couple of lapses of concentration the end and we got done, overall though I think we were the better side, only marginally mind.

Cracking day out overall, good banter in the Cornwall. :D

Strange 'un today, I thought we were pretty decent and we were the ones looking like winning it towards the end with Fryatt having a cracking chance but getting nothing on it and also when he got in behind and produced the worst cut back you'll ever see and a cracking save from Yann's header.

A couple of lapses of concentration the end and we got done, overall though I think we were the better side, only marginally mind.

Pretty much sums it up. Still disappointed though.

With Everton, Sunderland, Burnley, Newcastle all going out, Tottenham may go out at Elland Road, it could have been our chance.

Arsenal aren't certainties to win at Stoke, Wigan aren't through yet, we're capable of beating Villa like we did a couple of seasons ago, all in all devastated.

It's all well and good saying we can concentrate on the League but the cup brings a lot more excitement and magic than the League week in week out.

Shame really i don't know if anyone else heard the BBC commentator on final score say how brilliant Leicester were playing when 2-1 up, Cardiff look very tired, Leicester are playing brilliant!

And we still went out <_<

Doesn't how well we played or who played, there's no excuse for losing two goals in the final two minutes, that's bordering on unprofessional. Every team loses a last minute goal but that's a sickener.

If we truly are going to "concentrate on the league" lets do it and get some points back on the board in the next few games. December and January have been >_< so it's time to get the solid back line back again, get Solano fit enough to give Fryatt and Howard some service and ask Oakley & Wellens if they wouldn't mind coming out of hibernation and putting in a bloody shift.

Doesn't how well we played or who played, there's no excuse for losing two goals in the final two minutes, that's bordering on unprofessional. Every team loses a last minute goal but that's a sickener.

Jesus.

Att was 10k and something, probably 1,200 of us I'd hazard a guess.

Our end was good throughout, good faces mixture of songs (England and national anthem excluded)

unreserved seating/standing aswell.

Pained me walk past Ninian park whhich is now a building site with the old main stand and open paddock remaining. So sad they've ended up at this place, shiny tin pot gaff which is a spitting image of Covs.

Agree with this. What a horrible stadium it is. Fair distance away from the match action and a spitting image of the ricoh arena.

Today game I thought we probably shaded it, however we only have ourselves to blame with a couple of chances that go begging when we were 2-1 up. If one of them was finished like they should have been its a different story. Thought NP would have brought Howard on for the last 10minutes in place of a Kermogant who had an average game.

Cardiff fans were absolutely diabolical. Terrible home support nothing like it once was at Ninian. Fairly decent away turnout considering the short notice of the game, decent atmosphere from the away aswell.

Gutted to be out.

EDIT : The penalty decision which did not go our way is laughable to be honest with you and I am getting tired of putting a brave face on it. It happens and we have to get on with it."

Agree with this. What a horrible stadium it is. Fair distance away from the match action and a spitting image of the ricoh arena.

I said the same thing.

I shouldn't have laughed but I did when I saw the new house on the site of Ninian Park; it was bad enough that they hadn't cleared all of the rubble, but with the old stand remaining, it was so wrong, it was laughable.

If that makes sense.

And the insults and swearing are where?

Calling a retard a retard is fact, nothing more.

I notice when Daggers et al chuck a few remarks about they don't hounded by the same few wannabees! :rolleyes:

Well Gradel seems to feel the same way!
I have just noticed too. The posters with the biggest images in their sigs are the most prolific in the wannabee crew!

:yawn::yawn:

Anyway, very disappointed to go all that way and come away with nothing again. 1st 15 mins or so we were awful and had no width at all. Once we decided to pass it around a bit rather than hoofing it to no one we were the better side for long spells. I thought Brown played a lot better today than he has been and even McGiven wasnt as bad as normal... but then we seemed to implode in the last minutes and threw it away!! McGiven is definately the weakest link in the back 4 though and I cant wait for Berner to get back. :dunno:

Kermo took a long time to settle into the game and once hed stopped giving the ball away he showed some signs of what he can do. NGuessen Id like to keep in the side for a few games personally after todays effort. As for the set pieces!! Solano been showing Gally and Oakley how to do it properly or what??!! We were actually putting some good corners in for a change! I honestly thought this was gonna finish 3-1 and couldnt believe the scoreline at the end. Gutted.

Oh and agree with Tommeh re the ground... it was fecking awful. Ricoh mk 2 and a real shame to see Ninian Park across the road... Loved that ground

Bloody stewards kept moving us around for the 1st 5 mins of the game and god knows why we werent allowed to use the back row of seats?! Jokers. :rolleyes:

All Cardiffs goals came from phases of play directed down their right hand side (our left...). I thought McGivern had one of his better days, yet was still dire. His game was laden with individual errors, needless hoofs. Opposition managers are clearly going to start targetting him, he is by far and away our weakest link. To be honest I'm amazed he's made it this far in football - the lads got nothing. He gets beaten for pace and acceleration (even when he's got a large head start), he seemingly can't defend and he's making Wayne Brown look worse for it.

Cardiffs first goal came from a play where they went down our left, McGivern was out of position so Brown went to deal with it. He didn't. Good cross - 0-1.

Like I said its no coincidence all 4 goals eminated from our left hand side. The lads got to go, and as for Bruno Berner - PLEASE GET FIT! :thumbup:

How the fook is he under contract at Man City?!

Rant over.

I thought an experimental side did ok today, until the last 3 mins. Kermo looked like he's improving all the time (glad he 90 mins in), Waggy worked hard, N'Guessan look good again. Weale was found out for their 2nd and equaliser...

Disappointing - but at least its not a League game. And when we do play them in the League lets not play McGivern again - because Dave Jones will do what he did today when he realised how shit our LB is...

Didn't go the game, afew questions:

Was it a penalty at 2-1?

Was injury time a classic cause of going for the equaliser and getting caught at the back for the 4th?

Sounded like n'gussan had a good game, did he?

TBH, im not too bothered about using going out. Im not going to use the ovbious cliche, but if it had of gone to a replay (i certainly thought it was going to), then it would of been another game to cram into the schedule which is already pretty hectic. From listening to the game, it sounded as we compeated with them so this gives me confidence we can nick 3 points from them in the league.

Roll on Barnsley (missed going there last year, lovely little ground)

Didn't go the game, afew questions:

Was it a penalty at 2-1?

Was injury time a classic cause of going for the equaliser and getting caught at the back for the 4th?

Sounded like n'gussan had a good game, did he?

TBH, im not too bothered about using going out. Im not going to use the ovbious cliche, but if it had of gone to a replay (i certainly thought it was going to), then it would of been another game to cram into the schedule which is already pretty hectic. From listening to the game, it sounded as we compeated with them so this gives me confidence we can nick 3 points from them in the league.

Roll on Barnsley (missed going there last year, lovely little ground)

I didnt think it was a pen personally but others seemed to? I thought Dany was good once hed figured out he was on the wing!

Att was 10k and something, probably 1,200 of us I'd hazard a guess.

Our end was good throughout, good faces mixture of songs (England and national anthem excluded)

unreserved seating/standing aswell.

Pained me walk past Ninian park whhich is now a building site with the old main stand and open paddock remaining. So sad they've ended up at this place, shiny tin pot gaff which is a spitting image of Covs.

:thumbup: Had a wander over the road myself to look at whats left of ninian park.Went there the last 2 times we played and your right about their new place looking like an uncompleted ricoh. :cry:

Cardiff's goals:

1-0 - Both Hobbs and Morrison are aware of Bothroyd's presence in the box, yet no one dares to cover him when Chopra whips that long ball in. Hobbs points to Morrison, Morrison thinks Hobbs will take care of it, yet both are sadly mistaken. That's a 2 in terms of communications skills for the both of them.

2-2 - Whittingham does a perfect "banana". Very hard to defend against. Can't blame our defense for conceding that one.

2-3 - It's table tennis time. The shot bounces off another Cardiff player. Lands at Burke's feet by accident. Silly goal, but when you can't clear the ball out of your zone, that's what usually happens.

2-4 - Another silly goal to concede. No one takes care of Chopra in the box, his shot gets blocked, bounces off Hobbs (?), not much to do for McCormack but to put it in from close range.

Our defense may be responsible for some of the goals against, but at least two were scored by pure luck (and some determination).

However, it's nice to see our lads have worked on the set-piece situation.

N'Guessan's goal was rather comical, struggling so long with the opposing defender before poking it in. lol

Damn :@, I was at Villa park today see villa win, great game :thumbup:. I heard at half time Leicester were winning 2-1 at Cardiff also Borough winning seemed like a very niceday. Then during my train journey back I heard Leicester had won :chant:. Got home to see them lose 2-4 :cry:, gutted there's so many good fa cup away games like Man City away or Spurs away.

So it's back to the league well least the team can look at promotion.

Archived