Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

Cardiff Post Match

We haven't left the days of last minute goals at all especially in the cup.

Fulham away in the Carling Cup and Fa Cup in recent seasons leading 2-1 with less than 10 to go in the CC and leading 3-1 in the FA before losing 4-3 conceding in the 94th minute.

We also conceded 2 late goals at Chelsea in the 87th and 94th minutes and lost there 4-3 in the cup.

Fooking annoying, luckily being so used to it now it doesn't hurt as much.

We would have got Fulham or Bolton for sure..., The FA Cup hates Leicester... :)

2 easily winnable ties, in my opinion. Fulham scraped past Accrington this afternoon and we never disgrace ourselves there. And Bolton are a physical side and like the rough stuff. That'd play right into Hobbs, Brown, Wellens and Howards' hands, would it not?

Genuinely disappointed to be out, if I'm honest.

Typical Leicester collapse, you half expected it. Didn't want a replay but I think the manner of the defeat could dent the players' confidence for the next game. We're already in poor form as it is so to lose in the way we did could derail our league chances too.

This is my only worry. After that last minute Scunthorpe goal we went and got demolished by Forest.

obviously, the final result is rather lopsided, and it sounds like the 'uncontested' equaliser was the turning point...

but, i tell you what, result aside, i really enjoyed listening to us actually playing passing football today, sounded like the midfield were really involved.

and from the commentary it sounded like cardiff defended incredibly well when we got in the danger area.

don't think there is really any individual blame to be apportioned here, just a collective lack of focus to let them back into it with the equaliser - then the crowd kicked in and we never stood a chance....

:(

Fuckin' Sheepshaggers.

I officially hate the Welsh this season. Get in you're own Cup and League, in you're own country.

Ah well, Only a Mickey Mouse Competition - That's what Man Utd and Liverpool fans we're saying a few weeks ago when they dropped out of this competition weren't they?! :dunno:

TBH I didn't know what to think when it was 2-2, I kind of wanted the replay and to still be in the competition but I didn't want the extra game, but lose it late on, and to lose 4-2, I feel abit embarrassed by.

Work certainly needs to done, I hope Solano can add something to us, and I hope Newcastle are hitting their 'bad patch' after losing 4-1 to WBA today (Granted WBA are better than us - but still hopefully Newcastle are hitting their 'bad patch')

I don't mind too much that we're out of the FA Cup but I am gutted about the loss, worried about the consequences and how we pick ourselves up from the dodgy patch that we are experiencing ourselves.

What?! If we were 4-1 up with 20 minutes to go then i'd get your point.

Cardiff aren't a bad side and we gave them a run for their money today.

So giving a good team a run for the money is more important than winning the game itself?

Baffling logic.

We had it in our own hands to proceed to the next FA Cup round, but threw it away.

So giving a good team a run for the money is more important than winning the game itself?Baffling logic.

We had it in our own hands to proceed to the next FA Cup round, but threw it away.

Where exactly did i say it was more important?

They wont slump they now need urgently to get berner fit and get in new left back, bring in Taylor for brown and another striker they can turn it around, hope Solano will add some much needed quality to the squad, today they played okay but these wannabe footballers like Mcgivern need to be taken out the heat. Fresh faces will help reviatalise the squad. We do have some weak links time to releave them from the team

Yes maybe for a Non-league club playing a bigger club, the occasion draws a spirit. Not for 2 teams that are pretty equal in terms of position.

Professional footballers can either perform for 90 mins or they can't,

So? It doesn't mean that as a side we were incapable of progressing in The Cup this season does it? If the right draws had come along we could've had a good run.

They wont slump they now need urgently to get berner fit and get in new left back, bring in Taylor for brown and another striker they can turn it around, hope Solano will add some much needed quality to the squad, today they played okay but these wannabe footballers like Mcgivern need to be taken out the heat. Fresh faces will help reviatalise the squad. We do have some weak links time to releave them from the team

have we signed Taylor yet?

So? It doesn't mean that as a side we were incapable of progressing in The Cup this season does it? If the right draws had come along we could've had a good run.

Yes it does, we didn't win today!.

The right or wrong draws are now academic

Gutted. 20 minutes to go and we do a Leicester... and on my birthday... what a pisser.

Oh well, focus on the league now then...

[im gutted too, typical Leicester, but thats why we all love Leicester for both the ups and the downs. Should give us hope for the re-arranged league game though by the sounds of the performance? Oh well look on the brightside were down to 8th in the league aswell as Blackpool "Holloways heroes" won. Doh!]

People who are saying it doesn't matter are horribly misguided in my opinion. Winning breeds confidence and becomes a habit, losing a game was never a good thing.

What if Cardiff draw Arsenal away, the money from that tie could have financed a move for a player before the transfer window shuts.

People who are saying it doesn't matter are horribly misguided in my opinion. Winning breeds confidence and becomes a habit, losing a game was never a good thing.

What if Cardiff draw Arsenal away, the money from that tie could have financed a move for a player before the transfer window shuts.

Agree with this...we should want to win every game.

Archived