Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

Cardiff Post Match

4-2 defeat, always in the last minute nightmare.

Coming home from Cardiff feeling very angry! The side Pearson played was not picked to win this game, kermo mcgivern and brown are fookin shite. Cardiff were there for the takng today. I'm starting to get fooked off with Pearson- having ash chambers, dj and max out on loan whilst playing mcgivern and kermo is just bloody stupid! Chance lost today and England have lost to Wales twice in a week!

People who are saying it doesn't matter are horribly misguided in my opinion. Winning breeds confidence and becomes a habit, losing a game was never a good thing.

What if Cardiff draw Arsenal away, the money from that tie could have financed a move for a player before the transfer window shuts.

But is it? :dunno:

What about our 6-1(?) loss at Ipswich in our promotion season?

What about our loss at Brighton last season? We went on our unbeaten run after that.

I can't see our loss today going on to push us on in the same way but occasionally a loss can be a very good result and push you on to better things.

Just got in the car coming back, absolutely devastated. We were by far the better team today and should have won. Until the 91st minute there was only 1 side deverving of being in the pot for the 5th round.

My heart absolutely sank when their 3rd went in, horrable feeling. Anyone who says the cup doesn't matter can Fu ck off, keep walking and then go abit further.

Apologies for any typos, on iPhone. Will expand on individuals later.

Just back from the game and all I can say is that we were awful.

How we went in 2-1 up is beyond me.

Morrison and Hobbs for their first, McGivern and Brown for their second well what can you say "fooking ball watching"

I shit myself everytime McGivern touched the ball and Kermorgant just isn't good enough, he's certainly no striker!

Not gutted that we lost because we played awful (so did Cardiff) just gutted at how a team of 11 players played like strangers.

Just got in the car coming back, absolutely devastated. We were by far the better team today and should have won. Until the 91st minute there was only 1 side deverving of being in the pot for the 5th round.

My heart absolutely sank when their 3rd went in, horrable feeling. Anyone who says the cup doesn't matter can Fu ck off, keep walking and then go abit further.

My mate texted me as well and said we played quite well, and the scoreline was very harsh on us. Shame.

:appl:

But is it? :dunno:

What about our 6-1(?) loss at Ipswich in our promotion season?

What about our loss at Brighton last season? We went on our unbeaten run after that.

I can't see our loss today going on to push us on in the same way but occasionally a loss can be a very good result and push you on to better things.

A loss is never a good result. A bunch of professionals should not need a defeat to act as a catalyst to better results.

As for those examples, the 6-1 was 2nd game of the season on a stinking hot day where anything can happen. The run last season was in League 1, our side was far too superior for the opposition in that league.

Just back from the game and all I can say is that we were awful.

Deary me, such contrasting opinions between 2 people who were there! :P

Were we the better of the 2 awfuls Honcho?

Agreed on the cup thing though, Tom.

Deary me, such contrasting opinions between 2 people who were there! :P

Were we the better of the 2 awfuls Honcho?

Agreed on the cup thing though, Tom.

I'd say Cardiff were just the better team.

I know it's bizarre to say a 4-2 result was an awful game and this is the reason you'll have so many contrasting views.

mcgivern needs replacing no doubt, are we that broke we cant even afford another loanee to replace him? We seem more interested in getting ex stars (marketing).

defensively we collapsing, we have never been known to score lots of goals so pearson needs to fix this during the window, it will be a shocker if we get to the end of jan without strengthening.

I was also going to say I dont care been out of the cup but I am not happy with the manner in which we lost.

I'd say Cardiff were just the better team.

I know it's bizarre to say a 4-2 result was an awful game and this is the reason you'll have so many contrasting views.

Ahh right.. From what it sounded like, the game was just about even and obviously Tom made it sound like we were deserving.. Gutted, but we'll see how we respond on Tuesday.

I love the FA cup, but to be honest, I'd be more distraught if this was in the league.

FA Cup > Premiership EVERY time. Much rather stay in the Championship and go on a European adventure by winning the FA Cup than be priced out of the game, replaced by hangers-on and get dicked every week in the Premiership.

Ahh right.. From what it sounded like, the game was just about even and obviously Tom made it sound like we were deserving.. Gutted, but we'll see how we respond on Tuesday.

FA Cup > Premiership EVERY time. Much rather stay in the Championship and go on a European adventure by winning the FA Cup than be priced out of the game, replaced by hangers-on and get dicked every week in the Premiership.

But winning the FA Cup was never a realistic prospect. Getting promoted is at least a possibility, although not a strong one.

Archived