Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

EDL (English Defence League)

lol haha that would ONLY apply if I WAS shortening every word! Quit being a tit cuz you're starting to make yourself look like a clown

Er, no, it wouldn't.

Can't believe there's a massive discussion over text speak when the offending post had barely any text speak in at all, in fact could probably have been put down to rushed typing and was completely readable. I had to go back and reread the post to spot the text speak actually. Me thinks someone got out of bed on the wrong side this morning.

as long as it's not every word I have come to stand a little txt speak. What gets me is why change wors like 'to' into '2' for the sake of shortening it by one letter. There was a time when shortening words meant using apostrophes which I admid to forget to use sometimes as well has using the capshift properly. My little pet hate is using all uppercase letters. I see no reason for having capital letters turned on as most words do not contain them. Even text for phones can be adjusted so only the first letter is captilised.

Charl i find your patronising a little irritating but nothing to worry about . I suppose by your logic the second world war was just an isolated " incident " .

Well actually yes, the second world war was an isolated incident, at least the Holocaust aspect of it was. It's unique in history. I should know, I'm studying it for my history degree.

If we followed your logic, then we should now be constantly scared that all Austrians are going to invade us, and that all Germans are attempting to round up our Jews and put them in concentration camps. Blaming the actions of an entire race/religion because of the actions of a few is ridiculous. You're using very flawed logic.

I am of course more than happy to take on board intelligent views from others but unfortunately you don't fit into that equation. You are typical brain wash material , when ever you have no answer to uncomfortable truths you shout the left wing mantra RACIST ! as if that covers every thing .

Well no. I'm not one to use the word lightly, since I think it's a serious accusation. I often engage in racial banter with my friends. However, calling me "Left wing" doesn't change the fact that you are racist. You are unable to accept that the actions of Islamic extremists are down to the actions of the individual, and instead choose to ignorantly believe it's because the religion is harmful - therefore you make aspersions on all others of the same religion, most of who are innocent. Yes, you are racist/Islamophobic or whatever you want to call it.

you make asinine comments like " challenged in the brain department " Did you make that up all by yourself ? No thought not . You are a borrower of other peoples material and thoughts with not a single new idea in you head .

Did I make up words....? Well no, I admit I didn't make up the words; however I did choose which ones I wanted to use, and put them in what is known as a "sentence" in order to convey a message to those who might read it. That's a very silly comment.

And you really are naive if you think religious beliefs are not harmful , religion it's self is harmful to freedom of thought and is the best trick the Devil ever played on mankind . only reply if you have anything original to say .

Firstly, either that sentence really contradicts itself, or it's a really awful metaphor. You can't use one aspect of religion and deny the other.

Secondly, surely the belief in a religion is all part of freedom of thought? They have the freedom to believe in that if they wish too; what *you* are trying to do is restrict freedom of thought. And no, religion is not harmful, only those who try intentionally interpret it to be so. And you can do that with any religion, not just islam.

Oh and the argument that religion is harmful because it's "harmful to freedom of thought" is a really shit one.

Agreed, most women simply do it because they want to, in all honesty some husbands only suggest it, unless if they're very religious, but I've known married women to have worn it n then stopped, it almost seems like their brain is corrupted. Shamelessly laughing and giggling with other men, I personally would not like to wear it and disrespect it any way, but what annoys me is that women actually do that. It's no wonder countries keep attempting to ban the hijab its not all based on the fact that men dress up in em to sneak into places with bombs n stuff. But the people within are making Islam look like a joke, about 4 yrs ago when I was work experience at shoefayre in town a woman came in with her husband fully covered face n all, I turned around for a second to get on with work and I looked back and I realised the man was stood with another woman, only I realised its the SAME woman cuz I saw she'd taken everything off and it was hanging off the back off her baby's buggy! Ridiculous if you ask me.

Agree with you here :thumbup: If a Muslim man chooses to grow his beard, if a Jewish man chooses to wear a Yamaka and grow his sideburns, If a Sikh man chooses to wear a turban, etc... they should act morally and ethically within society to show the good side of the religion and their communities.

Well actually yes, the second world war was an isolated incident, at least the Holocaust aspect of it was. It's unique in history. I should know, I'm studying it for my history degree.

If we followed your logic, then we should now be constantly scared that all Austrians are going to invade us, and that all Germans are attempting to round up our Jews and put them in concentration camps. Blaming the actions of an entire race/religion because of the actions of a few is ridiculous. You're using very flawed logic.

Well no. I'm not one to use the word lightly, since I think it's a serious accusation. I often engage in racial banter with my friends. However, calling me "Left wing" doesn't change the fact that you are racist. You are unable to accept that the actions of Islamic extremists are down to the actions of the individual, and instead choose to ignorantly believe it's because the religion is harmful - therefore you make aspersions on all others of the same religion, most of who are innocent. Yes, you are racist/Islamophobic or whatever you want to call it.

Did I make up words....? Well no, I admit I didn't make up the words; however I did choose which ones I wanted to use, and put them in what is known as a "sentence" in order to convey a message to those who might read it. That's a very silly comment.

Firstly, either that sentence really contradicts itself, or it's a really awful metaphor. You can't use one aspect of religion and deny the other.

Secondly, surely the belief in a religion is all part of freedom of thought? They have the freedom to believe in that if they wish too; what *you* are trying to do is restrict freedom of thought. And no, religion is not harmful, only those who try intentionally interpret it to be so. And you can do that with any religion, not just islam.

Oh and the argument that religion is harmful because it's "harmful to freedom of thought" is a really shit one.

+1

The bit in bold made me chuckle as well.

lol

Agree with you here :thumbup: If a Muslim man chooses to grow his beard, if a Jewish man chooses to wear a Yamaka and grow his sideburns, If a Sikh man chooses to wear a turban, etc... they should act morally and ethically within society to show the good side of the religion and their communities.

Exactly

I don't understand what all this text speak is about? I thought the comments on this thread were ok :dunno:

The person who started it thought they're very clever.

Here's an idea love why not start a new topic and teach everyone your version of English, considering that according to you my posts are all shortened words, and against the "rules"

Took everything off? isn't that going too far?

I ssem to recall there was a similar outcry a few years ago and the wearing of turbans by Sikhs. It was at the time the wearing of helmets became compusary on motorbikes. Some people were saying why should they be exempt? I am not a Sikh nor a bike rider so do not know the full law regarding this so do not know the exact law regarding this as I do not know the full law in regards to veil wearing. That's the trouble with religeon if you do not actually grow up within an environment that teaches this or that about it then a lot of it seems strange to the outsider. I think it's best to be of no faith then be an outsider and criticise them all equally.

As far as I am aware there are different types and levels of Islam as there are in all religeons. I have heard it is not written down that women should wear a veil just 'dress modestly' I have seen mothers with young girls. the mother covered up the young child wearing a shortish dress with arms bare. So it seems they only start to wear more when they are older and noticeable as women.

As usual without even being there it's mens fault.

The person who started it thought they're very clever.

Here's an idea love why not start a new topic and teach everyone your version of English, considering that according to you my posts are all shortened words, and against the "rules"

At no point did I say that.

To be honest you're really starting to bore me now. I'll leave you in peace to revel in your own version of English.

At no point did I say that.

To be honest you're really starting to bore me now. I'll leave you in peace to revel in your own version of English.

You did that ages ago when you started this without a valid point!

And technically you did but yeah whatever I'll continue my way, and I advise you to not attempt this ever again, you clearly haven't got a got a clue what you were on about in the first place.

Take care lol:)

You did that ages ago when you started this without a valid point!

And technically you did but yeah whatever I'll continue my way, and I advise you to not attempt this ever again, you clearly haven't got a got a clue what you were on about in the first place.

Take care lol:)

:giggle: Well that's me told!

Deary me.

Sorry zubi missed this until now . On the other hand what gives a man or religion the right to tell a woman what she should wear ? I don't see the muslim men wearing head to toe garments do you ? Witch ever way you look at it it's nothing more than subjugation of females by males . End of .

Aced 'subjugation' but couldn't get 'which'.....who are you?

As far as I am aware there are different types and levels of Islam as there are in all religeons. I have heard it is not written down that women should wear a veil just 'dress modestly' I have seen mothers with young girls. the mother covered up the young child wearing a shortish dress with arms bare. So it seems they only start to wear more when they are older and noticeable as women.

As usual without even being there it's mens fault.

I don't know about the different levels :dunno: but the wearing of the veil for women is a direct command from God and it is written in the Qur'an, women are told to dress modestly and to cover their heads.

Sure I've seen that too where full veiled women have children dressed very casually, as far as I'm aware children do not have to wear the hijab until after they reach the age of puberty. Once they reach the age of puberty they are expected to think for themselves on religious matters and what ever they do after that is between them and God.

Sorry zubi missed this until now . On the other hand what gives a man or religion the right to tell a woman what she should wear ? I don't see the muslim men wearing head to toe garments do you ? Witch ever way you look at it it's nothing more than subjugation of females by males . End of .

Well, if you look at it from this point, the majority of women who wear the veil or long clothes believe in God, thus if they recieve a command from God, then they are usually more inclined to follow it. Obviously some will say I'm still a Muslim but refuse to wear Hijab because of such and such reasons, but I guess that's between them and their maker. Whilst people who don't believe in God will probably think that their choice to wear those clothes because a dusty old book says so is absurd. Obviously Panky, if you don't believe in God, you are going to say what a load of non sense it is that people listen to a man in the sky. It really depends on your beliefs :thumbup:

And let's not forget these clothes are supposed to protect womens modesty, not opress them. Again, like that video I posted said, why don't we ask muslim women how they feel?

But it's also the case for Muslim Men, they are not supposed to wear tight fitting clothes or revealing clothes, which is why you see alot of Muslim men wearing dresses also.

Archived