Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Sven Could Be Appointed As Manager

Listening to Milan talk to Colin Murray - Jesus, that man is a two faced Twunt (Milan that is) - he has done well by bankrolling us while he's been here and no doubt he has made a mint but I really wish he ****s off before he ruins Sven's time!!

Now i have had a day to let this sink in, i am thinking this is a very canny move by Milan

Sven is a very well respected manager in the footballing world despite his off the field antics, and very successful.I think the players will be slightly in awe of him to see such a high profile manager at Leicester City, which might be a good thing.

Very charismatic and i can imagine a very likeable chap, so hopefully the players will want to play for him,and he may bring the best out of them.

Time will tell of course,but at the moment i am 100% behind him,and 3 points today would be a perfect start

:scarf:

On 11 February 2010, Eriksson resigned as director of football following the club's takeover by former Lincoln City chairman Ray Trew.[22] Eriksson waived a multi-million payoff in order to assist the takeover; Trew described Eriksson as an "absolute gentleman".[21]

and somene said he did poor with the ivory coast???? do you remeber who was in there group????? portugal 0-0 lost to brazil 3-2 and beat north korea 3-0

1 Brazil 3 2 1 0 5 2 3 7

2 Portugal 3 1 2 0 7 0 7 5

3 Ivory Coast 3 1 1 1 4 3 1 4

4 North Korea 3 0 0 3 1 12 -11 0

very tough group if england was in it and someone said 4 points i would of laughed

i'm happy with this appointment not a bad manager at all, don't people give managers a chance at this club???? who would you prefer, alan pardew or sven easy choice for me

I was the 1 who mentioned his poor record in this years WC. Could've sworn they drew all 3 games without scoring more than once. I stand corrected...and slightly concerned at how i made that up. Sven isn't a bad choice, it could be inspired. Not my no.1 though.

I was the 1 who mentioned his poor record in this years WC. Could've sworn they drew all 3 games without scoring more than once. I stand corrected...and slightly concerned at how i made that up. Sven isn't a bad choice, it could be inspired. Not my no.1 though.

not my number 1 choice eithor, my first was MON didn't think sven would come to us in a million years until i read it last night

In all of this there are three sets of people I think we are forgetting:

The Players, Chris Powell and Mike Stowell and of course Bruno and PAULO!

It's never nice to see someone 'got rid of' in the way he was, so I just hope the players do it for him. The ones who respected him at least - Andy King etc.

As for Sven, loved him as England manager and although at times it got boring, it was solid and at times, also beautiful passing football again, like Paulo tried to do. So Sven, the task is yours to make a team full of average players (except Jack, Martyn, Matty and Kingy) into classy players!

That way Paulo will feel not so agrevied and that his work was all for nothing!!!

UTF :scarf:

In all of this there are three sets of people I think we are forgetting:

The Players, Chris Powell and Mike Stowell and of course Bruno and PAULO!

It's never nice to see someone 'got rid of' in the way he was, so I just hope the players do it for him. The ones who respected him at least - Andy King etc.

As for Sven, loved him as England manager and although at times it got boring, it was solid and at times, also beautiful passing football again, like Paulo tried to do. So Sven, the task is yours to make a team full of average players (except Jack, Martyn, Matty and Kingy) into classy players!

That way Paulo will feel not so agrevied and that his work was all for nothing!!!

UTF :scarf:

as you say THE ONE'S who respected him, what's the point in having a few players respect you and the rest do as they please? every single player needs to respect the manager if not they should be shown the door

Suffolk is so right. Mandaric would have been brilliant in politics where backstabbers are the bread of life. I'm not ever going to gloss over the naivities of Sousa but the bloke was enttitled to more help, support and belief from those around him than the two months he was given to make what was a massive transition - and in such difficult circumstances whichever way he turned.

But Mandaric was just the wrong sort to have alongside him as a public buffer and private friend. As ever the guy was the archetypal theatre advert, presenting a different face depending on which side he chose to show. Yuk! Multi-millionaire or not I find it utterly impossible to respect the guy and the sooner he sinks into the Solent the happier I'll be whatever the achievements of his ruthless manipulations over a lifetime.

Anyway - once again - we have yet another "saviour" to pay our homage and this time the famous name that everyone seems to have craved...and good luck to the bloke. He probably has the authority to make a difference - I certainly hope so - but the problems that beset Sousa won't disappear overnight and I doubt that some of them will disappear at all in the foreseeable future.

Whatever Sousa's failings he was absolutely right to try to try to transform our style from slow, dour, boringly-limited, functional to fast passing, exciting and properly suited to future requirements. The trouble was he didn't seem to understand that in making such a transition he couldn't abandon the harsh reality of us needing to be fit, mean, organised and uncompromising.

Sousa had the right style in mind but the sum of the parts he used towards that end was pitifully lacking at times - and in retrospect you could see why at Burnley when players were not taking a blind bit of notice of the coaches. I could just imagine that under Shankly or Ferguson.

One thing is for sure. If Sven does make his tenure a success it will be quite an achievement both in football and diplomatic terms. I've never liked him much but he seems to having something and I wish him well. I also hope he gets the time to accomplish something.

as you say THE ONE'S who respected him, what's the point in having a few players respect you and the rest do as they please? every single player needs to respect the manager if not they should be shown the door

I know that's the football world. But as Cloughie and Ollie proved, it wasn't his managing which was bad, it was the way in which the team adapted.

Tbh, I think these lot need a good kick up the gonads and have it spelt out to them that...

PEARSON IS NEVER COMING BACK, GET OVER IT!

The tabloid diven, celebrity obsessed media in this country have been doing a hatchet job on Svennis for years, the man does lead a 'colourful' life away from football and clearly has his flaws but he has been put under a degree of scrutiny that few people could survive.

For me, two things stand out,

Most people who actually know Sven have nothing but good things to say about him, given his life style and history that is pretty remarkable.

His achievements as a manager are very impressive, despite every attempt by the British press to demonize him. He is held in very high regard virtually everywhere outside the UK where his reputation, amongst the public at least, has been somewhat reduced by the tricks and smears of the tabloids.

Because of the adverse press coverage a lot of people find it hard to take him seriously but if he can come close to producing the sort of impact he had with Citeh I, for one, would be delighted...:thumbup:

The tabloid diven, celebrity obsessed media in this country have been doing a hatchet job on Svennis for years, the man does lead a 'colourful' life away from football and clearly has his flaws but he has been put under a degree of scrutiny that few people could survive.

For me, two things stand out,

Most people who actually know Sven have nothing but good things to say about him, given his life style and history that is pretty remarkable.

His achievements as a manager are very impressive, despite every attempt by the British press to demonize him. He is held in very high regard virtually everywhere outside the UK where his reputation, amongst the public at least, has been somewhat reduced by the tricks and smears of the tabloids.

Because of the adverse press coverage a lot of people find it hard to take him seriously but if he can come close to producing the sort of impact he had with Citeh I, for one, would be delighted...:thumbup:

This is a big thing for me about this appointment. He is clearly a dedicated professional, and even if he is here for the money is surely going to put his heart into it.

The comments of the Notts County players after he left there were very encouraging - one said he turned up for training every day despite being director of football, and helped advise the players. If he can motivate himself to do that as a League 2 director of football, I have no doubt that he will be up for the challenge of managing us.

And they bloody loved him at City. A mate of mine from uni at the time was a City season ticket holder and gave it up when they sacked Sven.

the golf is worse than watching liverpool in europe 12 hours in and its still 0-0 regards to sven he will take the job as he can only improve things he has his reputation to uphold hes in a win win situation here and for what its worth i think he will do well play offs here we come.

The golf is good, and it was only 0-0 because play was suspended you dumb ass

there dont seem to be many ivory coast fans on here telling us how crap sven is !!

massive gamble imo, could go either way, walkers should be good today though the players will be bang up for it to try and make amends for our shit start!

will be intresting to see who he signs...dare i say a audacious bid for mr beckham and end his usa nightmare hes having at the minute, that would put a few bums on seats ! and please the thai boys with the tills ringing in the club shop

Something I put on my blog about Sousa's sacking/Sven's arrival.

The circus is back in town but will it end with a cheer?

And so the Leicester City circus is back in town. When Paulo Sousa, after nine league games, arrived at work on friday morning he was greeted by chairman, Milan Mandarić. Despite being reassured by both the new owners and Milan himself, Sousa was relieved of his duties and told to clear his desk as the media vultures gathered outside. Before his office was rid of Champions League medals and framed pictures of every football personality he’s ever met, Sky Sports News were already reporting his job was being snapped up by former England manager, Sven-Göran Eriksson. The next act in the circus was about to begin.

It was only August when Milan appointed Sousa with his “excellent reputation as both a player and now as a manager” with the firm belief “he is the right man to take our club forward”. Both factors counted for nothing for Sousa, when after a disastrous start to the campaign, he was sacked as Mandarić feared “history was repeating itself” referring to Ian Holloway’s ill fated reign at Filbert Way. The Serb businessman has attracted his fair share of criticism during his time in English football but to this day he maintains he has only ever made two mistakes. Firstly the premature sacking of Harry Redknapp at Pompey and secondly resisting the temptation to dispose of ‘Ollie’ before relegation to League One followed and it was too late.

Say what you like about Milan Mandarić but once his mind is made up, he goes at it one hundred percent and rarely admits he’s wrong. It didn’t take long for the critics to sharpen their swords following his latest act. Richard Bevan, chief executive of the League Managers Association, slammed the departing chairman for having “14 managers since 2004 and six whilst the current chairman has been at the club” before taking at parting shot at ‘Mandy’ by stating “clearly the club has to examine its manager recruitment strategy as their current approach does not work”. Of course Mandarić refuted the “unfair” claims.

One question springs to mind though, was it really Milan’s decision? Vichai Raksriaksorn, leader of the King Power group and the Asian Football Consortium, has wisely kept his mouth shut during the last few days and in doing so he has let the outgoing chairman take the blame and media abuse. It says volumes about his morals. So does the fact that he was reassuring Sousa his job was safe on Monday; the same day, if you believe the national rags, he first approached Sven. Of course very few people actually know what happens behind the gates at the Walkers Stadium but Sousa was so confident his job was safe he frequently spoke of the “long term project” he had brought into when Mandarić tapped him up during Nigel Pearson’s last months in charge. The circumstances of both departures are under wraps and will most likely stay like that forever. It is, as they say, history and now Sven’s Blue Army need to pick themselves up, dust themselves off and start getting points on the board and quickly.

Sven-Göran Eriksson is an enigma in English football. He was persistently beleaguered during his time in charge of the national side but now, with the help of hindsight, it seems he didn’t do a bad job after all. The Swede statistically is the second best manager England have ever had while Manchester City fans are only just getting over his unjust sacking a few years ago. He’s a man who attracts attention from all corners of the world. But enough about his women, he is known in every time zone and every continent for being a proven and successful manager who, at every club he has managed (baring Man City), has left with at least one piece of silverware in the cabinet.

Concerns about his appointment stem from the ‘character’ that has been created in the national media that he is a greedy, serial ladies man. While the later might be true, he is not greedy. Yes, he has earned millions of pounds in his career and was the highest earning manager in the world when under employment by The FA but surely if clubs and associations continue to pay him extravagant wages, he must warrant them.

We’re talking about a manager who won the UEFA Cup and League with Swedish minnows, Goteborg the Portuguese League three times at Benfica, the Coppa Italia at Roma, Sampdoria and Lazio, the Serie A in 2000 also with Lazio and who reached the Champions League final with Benfica. Behind the smokescreen of glamorous ladies, tapping up claims and Notts County mayhem, this man knows how to win football matches.

His impressive CV is backed up with an astounding win-per-game ratio of 52.29%. To put that into perspective lets compare that to Martin O’Neil (yes I know it always happens whenever a new manager takes over at City) who had a win percentage of 38.12% during his spell at Filbert Street. The Raksriaksorn’s wanted a global name to put Leicester City on the map, sell shirts back home and earn King Power money. In Sven they have that but do they have the right man for Leicester City?

As always, time will tell but the one thing City need right now is stability. Something that Sven rarely promises but let’s just switch off for a second. We have the most successful manager (based on his CV) we’ve ever had at Leicester who undoubtedly has joined for a shot at Premier League football again. That’s his goal, and it’s been ours since we left the big time all those years ago. Surely that makes us compatible?

Archived