Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Sven Could Be Appointed As Manager

Always liked him, couldn't understand the shit he got as England manager when we did so well with him. Always been a dream manager for me.

Onwards and upwards. :chant:

manderic said weds that sousa was ok in his position as lcfc manager knowing he was talking to sven later that day to take over his job . sven agreed weds to come to lcfc. sven could not be seen until friday , hence thats when it came out . rings a bell to me , sousa at cardiff game , manderic says he hadnt chose sousa when deal already done. manderic is a callous business man like most good business men , pity he knows nothing about football tho.sacking sousa was his only option , but why sign a new manager so soon ????? the thai consortium told him to , thats why .just wish we could have weighed the situation up before this knee jerk reaction . just hope it works or this could set us back years , AGAIN ! good luck sven but who you bringing in to coach and be your number 2 . tord grip is being bounded about , 72 years old , well experienced but too old ??????

Couldn't care less how old Sven & Tord are, more age = more experience.

They've both done a great job everywhere they've been except when they've been parachuted in to a no-hoper international team at the last minute.

Great job at all club sides including Man City & Notts County... just ask Man City fans what they think of them, and the Notts County situation wasn't his fault but whilst he was there they were in the top 2

Bring on Sven, sure they'll be some controversy, sure we won't win every game - but its not going to be boring and with the worst defensive record in the division, the worst team selections and the worst man-managements things can't get any worse

BLUE ARMY!!!

I'm really amazed that people are moaning about Sven becoming our manager. He's a top class manager and if he takes over he'll be the most decorated manager we have ever employed.

Are people really seriously saying that they would like a joker like Pardew in charge the man's record since he was at west ham is awfull!

Now i have had a day to let this sink in, i am thinking this is a very canny move by Milan...

Same, although I'm not sure Milan is the one that deserves credit for this.

The tabloid diven, celebrity obsessed media in this country have been doing a hatchet job on Svennis for years, the man does lead a 'colourful' life away from football and clearly has his flaws but he has been put under a degree of scrutiny that few people could survive.

Sven was a good England manager and I don't see how that's a matter of debate, but the tabloid mania has clearly sullied his reputation.

If Sven does make his tenure a success it will be quite an achievement both in football and diplomatic terms. I've never liked him much but he seems to having something and I wish him well. I also hope he gets the time to accomplish something.

Me too, but will he use enoughof that time before moving on? That's my biggest irrational worry.

Thing is, good manager or not, I dont see him sticking around for very long, thats my greatest concern, because if we are doing really shit he will probably leave and if we do really well he'll try a better club

Thing is, good manager or not, I dont see him sticking around for very long, thats my greatest concern, because if we are doing really shit he will probably leave and if we do really well he'll try a better club

How does that differ from any other manager?

People seem to be forgetting that since his stint with Lazio, he hasn't been successful in his last four managerial jobs, he had the best English players ever, but could not get our nation any further than the quarter finals of the World Cups in 2002 and 2006, and Euro 2004. He was given a huge budget at Manchester City and couldn't get them into Europe. Mexico sacked him because they were on the verge of not qualifying for the World Cup. When he managed The Ivory Coast in the previous World Cup, he had some of the top players in Europe and couldn't get them out the Group Phase. Can you people not see what I'm getting at? the guy is past his sell by date, age hasn't done him any favours, he's finished, and it looks like Milan Mandaric and Lee Hoos are going to make another stupid fooking decision! I don't want him! He isn't the right man, We need someone who has recent successful experience, young and in form and this man fits the bill >>>>>>>>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Petrescu , hes the man that'll take us back to the Premiership and turn us into giants, not that fooking Swedish dinosaur! and that fooking dinosaur Mandaric and Hoos need to go back on their word to Eriksson, get in their private jet, fly to Krasnador, Russia and sign the guy before some other fooking English team does, because I KNOW that Petrescu is the man, not Eriksson!

Proper looking forward to this game now, I reckon we're gonna murder them like we did last season. The players are going to be up for it now after a) getting a manager sacked and b) knowing the new manager in the stands watching them.

I smell a Gallagher hatrick.

Sven still owns a flat in Nottingham, bit of a commute for him. When he was at Notts County my mates kept seeing him in bars in the sylish part of town.

Stylish part of Nottingham? Wtf.

Yeah, and the national team have done so much better since he left then eh! So what's was your point again?

Did you not read my post wurmer? The man is FINISHED!!! F I N I S H E D FINISHED!!!, Dan Petrescu is the right man and I don't care what the rest of you fooking unambitious idiots think! I'm right! and you're all fooking wrong!

Did you not read my post wurmer? The man is FINISHED!!! F I N I S H E D FINISHED!!!, Dan Petrescu is the right man and I don't care what the rest of you fooking unambitious idiots think! I'm right! and you're all fooking wrong!

I read it, just thought the rest was pointless ranting, coz your initial point was bollocks.

:dunno:

People seem to be forgetting that since his stint with Lazio, he hasn't been successful in his last four managerial jobs, he had the best English players ever, but could not get our nation any further than the quarter finals of the World Cups in 2002 and 2006, and Euro 2004. He was given a huge budget at Manchester City and couldn't get them into Europe. Mexico sacked him because they were on the verge of not qualifying for the World Cup. When he managed The Ivory Coast in the previous World Cup, he had some of the top players in Europe and couldn't get them out the Group Phase. Can you people not see what I'm getting at? the guy is past his sell by date, age hasn't done him any favours, he's finished, and it looks like Milan Mandaric and Lee Hoos are going to make another stupid fooking decision! I don't want him! He isn't the right man, We need someone who has recent successful experience, young and in form and this man fits the bill >>>>>>>>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Petrescu , hes the man that'll take us back to the Premiership and turn us into giants, not that fooking Swedish dinosaur! and that fooking dinosaur Mandaric and Hoos need to go back on their word to Eriksson, get in their private jet, fly to Krasnador, Russia and sign the guy before some other fooking English team does, because I KNOW that Petrescu is the man, not Eriksson!

the only unsuccesful post he has had was with mexico and whose to say what would of happened had he stayed on (they still had over half a qualifying matches to play),i still think they would of qaulified...he took england to 2 world cup quater finals losing to brasil with that fluke goal, the brasil coach said after the final england were the best team they played throughout....and in 2006 we lost on penaltties to portugal in a game that could of gone either way (didnt rooney get sent off also?)

With ivory coast they had brasil and portugal in their group only losing to brasil 3.2 and drawing with portugal how is that a poor performance?

oh and ask most man city fans how they felt when he was sacked,despite getting them the top 10 finish he was tasked with, most will say there were gutted.

second time i group that had brazil and portugual in it

do you bash your bishop over dan petrescu?

Archived