Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Sven Could Be Appointed As Manager

I really don't get the negativity towards Sven. This appointment can only be a positive for our club. This guy has international pedigree and is sure to attract decent players to the club plus the added publicity around him and the club is sure to get attendances up.

With any decent manger you run the risk of losing them to a 'bigger club' - Do you honestly think that if we had appointed MON and Liverpool or Man U came knocking he'd turn them down ? Not a chance he'd be off !

At the end of the day if the Sven appointment is the way forward we all need to get behind him and our club and move forward..............

Blue Army !!

I really don't get the negativity towards Sven. This appointment can only be a positive for our club. This guy has international pedigree and is sure to attract decent players to the club plus the added publicity around him and the club is sure to get attendances up.

With any decent manger you run the risk of losing them to a 'bigger club' - Do you honestly think that if we had appointed MON and Liverpool or Man U came knocking he'd turn them down ? Not a chance he'd be off !

At the end of the day if the Sven appointment is the way forward we all need to get behind him and our club and move forward..............

Blue Army !!

Good post, i dont see why people are so negative towards him... He is a top manager... People dont know him in real life so cant mouth off about what sort of character he is. We only see what the press decide to portray him as.

Blue Army !!

Too right. I was surprised we got as big a manager as Sven, I was expecting someone considerably lower down on the totem pole. He did, as he would say, 'quite well' with England, and gave man city their best season in ages. On top of that, a manager of his calibre and experience has much better connects for scouting good talent. However far he takes us, it's bound to be an improvement over Sousa (nothing against him, but it just wasn't working).

Experienced and a high profile appointment. What more do we want? He's got a fantastic record at everywhere he's been. This is the Championship after all, I wouldn't hold his so called 'failings' against him. Most of the negativity surrounding the guy comes from the press after his time as England boss which is expected due to the level of expectancy. I'm just surprised he'd want to come here, that's my only concern if he's really got the passion for it.

Guest DavidJCW

Players didn't respect the manager, didn't get the style of play he was making them play and didn't like his training regime...

What do we do, bring in England's best manager for a long time, a proven Premier League manager and a world famous tactician in Sven.

I can't help but be happy with this appointment... anyone who's already having a go at Sven really needs to wake up. This is big.

The only thing I will say is that this club is a mess right now... will Sven solve it and bring stability? Who knows... but I'm MORE than willing to let him have a go!

Guest DavidJCW

Sven Goran Erikson la lala la laaaa

Sven Goran Erikson laaaaa la la la la la

Sven Goran Erikson LA LA!

Sven Goran Erikson laaaaa la la la la la

Sven Goran Erikson LA LA!

We're not allowed to sing in the stands. We have to keep quiet to keep the stewards content with us. Didn't you know? :rolleyes:

Guest DavidJCW

We're not allowed to sing in the stands. We have to keep quiet to keep the stewards content with us. Didn't you know? :rolleyes:

Oh yeah... sorry. :shutup:

:englandsmile4wf: :city: (in hushed tones) laa lala la la

I'm all for Sven

Quality manager who has done well everywhere he's been except for being parachuted in at the last minute to manage national teams like Ivory Coast.

He'll be able to attract the media attention the new owners seem to need back home, he's an organised man who usually appoints an excellent coaching team. He'll be able to attract quality (if slightly older) players.

I have no doubt he'll be with us as long as the owners want him... Man City fans were guttes when he was sacked, he did a great job in difficult circumstances and had the consortium not have pulled out there he probably would have stayed and at least lead them to our division they were in the top2 all his time there I think.

Welcome to Leicester Sven, good luck! (we fookin need it)

Well weve apointed a better manager than Villa could! Doesnt this show our true asperations?

I would expect us to pick up a few old England players on loan, and maybe some kids he remembers from when he was Englands main man.

Hahahaaa F'kin Sven. MM is eccentric.

Archived