Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Sven Could Be Appointed As Manager

WTF are people moaning about. This guy is the most proven manager LCFC has ever had. I am over the moon with this appointment and anyone who knows football will be too!! :)

Has he ever managed a club at the bottom of the 2nd tier of the Divisions,with little money before?

(The Thias aint got millions to thro away Believe me)

Will the cosmopolitan and upmarket City of Leicester with its many beautiful neighbourhoods keep him happy?

First sniff of any decent job and he'll be out the revolving door quicker than you can say"next please"..

Can wait for his upbeat chest thumping touchline mannerisms<cough>

Hope my pessimism is misguided tho....

Has he ever managed a club at the bottom of the 2nd tier of the Divisions,with little money before?

Will the cosmopolitan and upmarket City of Leicester with its many beautiful neighbourhoods keep him happy?

First sniff of any decent job and he'll be out the revolving door quicker than you can say"next please"..

Sometimes things get better, bless ya!

Can wait for his upbeat chest thumping touchline mannerisms<cough>

Until we know the identity of the other investors no one knows whether we have pots of money to spend or not. Do you really think would have agreed to have come without a guarantee of finances he will have at his disposal, especially after what happened at Notts County? As for being money motivated he would have taken the job in the Middle East if that was all he was after .

Until we know the identity of the other investors no one knows whether we have pots of money to spend or not. Do you really think would have agreed to have come without a guarantee of finances he will have at his disposal, especially after what happened at Notts County? As for being money motivated he would have taken the job in the Middle East if that was all he was after .

Im sure if an investor who DID have ££££ he'd have had no qualms about being 'outed' as the "other one"

Sven going to Notts Co. EXACLTY sums up what im on about Regarding Sven .

Im sure he had guarantees about money there...and look how that ended up!!!

I just want a manager who'll get on with doing a decent job and aho has little baggage and shuns the limelight.

Olde Sven is a fcuking timebomb!

I just want a manager who'll get on with doing a decent job and aho has little baggage and shuns the limelight.

I so agree with this Raj!!!!

My emotional rollercoaster.............

"the person we had" ............................. Gone :)

then I read Sven in line for Job ............................. :(

SGE wouldn't be a bad appointment. Only manager to get a league and cup double in three countries, Portugal, Sweden and Italy.

He even managed to win the UEFA cup with Gothborg!!

He was sort of the special one before that well known Portuguese bloke showed up. He's managed over 800 games and has a win ratio of over 50%. Personally I'd say he was a bigger name than Paula "see ya then" Sousa.

He even managed to win the European cup with Gothborg!!

UEFA Cup, but I get your point.

Problem is we're his 14th club in 30 years (or 15th if you include Al Hilal) - which means he only stays in a job for an average of around two years. We're also his fifth job since 2008.

Good record at club level, but the man can't sit still. Either he'll do a good job with us then bolt when a 'bigger' club becomes interested, or he'll be shit and we'll sack him. Either way, he won't be around for long.

Wasn't that 8-1 defeat after he'd been shown the door?

Yep - at the time it was rumoured it was the players sending a message to the owners that they were unhappy he was about to be sacked.

They sacked him anyway.

I personally think Mandaric has made a brave decision and the right one.

After watching the Portsmouth game and player confidence, seeing player fitness, some of Sousa new signings, squad choices and dropped players, tactical moves during games, formations and players playing out of place and the fact a few players wanted to leave (similar to Swansea), then I'm sadly pretty confident, that he wouldn't turn it round. I actually think he will struggle long term at any club as a manager, especially in the UK. A great player doesn't always make a great manager. I get the impression players either loved him or loathed him.

I am glad Mandaric has apparently made a move for Erikson quickly to keep the continuation and maybe keep this season alive. He knew he would be criticised for removing a new manager so soon. This removes the debate over the next few weeks over who we have. In the cold light of day, we are bottom of the championship and to get a manager with Eriksons track record and UK experience appears to be a potential masterstroke. I don't think he will be here for ever and maybe is doing it for the money, but I think he will leave the club in considerably better shape that when he joins. To risk with some of the championship and upcoming lower league managers is a big risk, remember Hollyoakes and Sousa failed with this squad. Do we want to risk another season(s) in League One. I will never forget the feeling of being relegated to it. I think players liek Andy King, who we should desperately keep, will relish playing under his experience and I think the big clubs will be happy to loan out their top players to get experience under Sven.

Like anyone, I would have loved O'Neill to come back take us to the heights of the Premier again, but I think he is now destined for a Man Utd or hopefully England in the future which I think he fully deserves. Do you remember when Steve Guppy came back, sometimes it's better to remember the past as it was and keep moving forward. They were golden days due to the right factors at the time and they can't be guaranteed again. Maybe Erikson to many of us is a compromise compared to O'Neil, but if so, I would rather have him than anyone else.

I know Erikson has good contacts in the game, he picked Chris Powell when no one really knew him which may keep our continuity on coaching, players will want to come here and play for him and generally players seem to be motivated playing for him. He's not the most animated touchline manager like Sousa but neither was Nigel Pearson. I can't think off the top of my head of any discipline or player rifts under him, he always seemed to have things under control. Based on his previous record, if this continues, he will turn things around here and get us promoted eventually, wheteher we agree and liek it or not.

Anyway, it appears to be happening anyway, so let's all give him 100% support, it might take a while to turn things around but at least we can have confidence that if anyone in the game is likely to do it, Sven can.

Pearson had never managed a club in league 1. I don't see how that's relevant

I personally think Mandaric has made a brave decision and the right one.

I have the feeling this is a Thai appointment.

Archived