Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Sven Could Be Appointed As Manager

FosseFox, I suppose you are one of the fans who think it's unbelievable when City string together 3 passes or get a shot on target

We are bottom of the Championship. We are likely to have an ex-England Manager who has won titles across Europe as our Manager. A man who led Man City to their best ever Premier League finish. A man who was coaching at World Cups for the last decade. Open your eyes lad.

I woke up this morning and there was a permanent City manager.

And I'll be going to bed and there'll be a permanent City manager.

Instability? What instability?

I'm actually really pleased at the timing of this. Sven will (hopefully) have two weeks to prepare for Hull and turning our season round. So so glad we got rid of Sousa before it was too late. I don't give a fvck what the LMA guy has said, this time it needed doing.

Like others I'm a bit sceptical but there's no doubting his credentials. I do believe he's a fantastic manager and if his head is in the right place, I can only see us going in one direction performance and results wise. (Financially, we're screwed)

My initial reaction was 'Oh god, not Sven' but when you look at the facts this is a superb appointment.

He is a high profile name, one who has achieved an awful lot in the game. He has an extensive contact book of names around the world. His English is excellent and he knows the English game very well, including how the media works. His style of play should suit the Championship as it's fairly traditional. He will create a good buzz around the place.

All in all, very bizarre but very exciting.

"Sven you're smiling! Sven you're smiling!"

For what it's worth a mate of mine had a chance meeting with a couple of City players today (I know he did, he sent me a picture) and they spoke as if they were expecting it to be Sven and that was relatively early in the day

Yea coz my mate met Sven on a flying saucer and he sent me the flight plans and a full schematic but I cant post it here because...

My initial reaction was 'Oh god, not Sven' but when you look at the facts this is a superb appointment.

He is a high profile name, one who has achieved an awful lot in the game. He has an extensive contact book of names around the world. His English is excellent and he knows the English game very well, including how the media works. His style of play should suit the Championship as it's fairly traditional. He will create a good buzz around the place.

All in all, very bizarre but very exciting.

"Sven you're smiling! Sven you're smiling!"

my thoughts exactly

The club announced in a statement that they "anticipated a quick appointment" - and The Mirror claims the Foxes have decided to go for Eriksson, who will take on the challenge despite also agreeing to join Arabian side Al Hilal on a one-year £1.2 million contract.

shows how loyal the man can be......

would have thought we would have had to better his contract also so on a 2 year contract there's 3 million to pay him..

Am i missing something here? why the fvck are people not deliriously happy with this appointment??? Fact is, the guy can offer our club everything it needs at this very moment in time and crucially, he can offer everything the club needs for where the club wants to be in the future. Personally i couldn't be happier with this choice, MON would have been a fantastic choice for the fans, and i'm sure the romance of the idea made him think about the opportunity also, but sometimes great memories from the past should stay right there, in the past.

Welcome Sven!

Archived