Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Glastonbury 2011

Coldplay :wub:

Think I'd rather listen to U2.

Did I really just type that?

Man they must suck ass.

I have, found it amazing how late the radio over here has been with picking up on him. Massive talent

Not sure why I haven't ordered it, the vinyl is on amazon, I'm going to buy it now.

BBC coverage so far has been shit. Missed a big chunk of Biffy's set yesterday, turn on the "round-up" show after U2's set is finished.

3 hours and i'd say about half of that was interviews and uninteresting babbling about stuff no-one gives a shit about. From the music there two bits worth listening to: Biffy (Just 1 track) & Primal Scream (2 tracks).

missed Biffy but i liked the 1st 3 albums before they got big,raw.so im sure i didnt miss the decent stuff.

I just saw Pendulum tonight, and they have something pretty cool they've done for Glasto. They have covered The Eve Of The War, the first track of Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds, complete with Richard Burton's vocal intro.

They absolutely killed it tonight, for the record, well worth watching tomorrow.

Only caught Morrissey and a bit of Chemical Brothers so far. Quality as would be expected. Good to see the Beeb still thinks showing hours of its presenters is more important than playing live music - at a MUSIC FESTIVAL. Unbelievable.

Know he was on a fairly obscure stage but has Skepta's set been shown at all? The lad who drums for him is from Harborough.

Only caught Morrissey and a bit of Chemical Brothers so far. Quality as would be expected. Good to see the Beeb still thinks showing hours of its presenters is more important than playing live music - at a MUSIC FESTIVAL. Unbelievable.

Know he was on a fairly obscure stage but has Skepta's set been shown at all? The lad who drums for him is from Harborough.

I'd guess there are contractural restrictions on how much they can show, and the added complication of getting the equipment around to a lot of different stages. The BBC have had flak recently for the number of staff they send there as it is.

I'm guessing that you didn't see Sky's 'coverage' of the Isle of Wight Festival. Now that truly was shite - the ratio of actual music to babbling crap was much worse than the BBC Glasto programmes, and after seeing it I must admit that I appreciate the BBC offering a whole lot more than I did

I'm guessing that you didn't see Sky's 'coverage' of the Isle of Wight Festival. Now that truly was shite - the ratio of actual music to babbling crap was much worse than the BBC Glasto programmes, and after seeing it I must admit that I appreciate the BBC offering a whole lot more than I did

Damn straight. What an embarassment. BBC generally has pretty good coverage of festivals, still a bit frustrating at times but can't complain too much.

Archived