Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Glastonbury 2011

I think Glastonbury is becoming more a music festival, than a rock festival, which i think is good.

These days people love a variety of music and don't narrow themselves to one genre. People go from The Beatles, to Jay-Z, to Beyonce, to Kings of Leon, to Oasis, etc... And i think Glastonbury is starting to represent that.

She's fit, she's very talented, but can think of many better acts to close Glastonbury.

I spose it's cos her music isn't really my bag, I can apprciate it, like I said she's very good and talented, just not 'Glastonbury' certainly not a closer anyway, but seems Glastonbury's going that way nowadays.

Let the onslaught commence :ph34r:

Nah, I agree - seems a weird choice to close Glastonbury and, ordinarily, I'm not a big fan of her music. I've not been that impressed with any of the headlining acts this year, though.

Hate the 'its not Glastonbury' tag line.

They said it about Jay-Z, and I dont need to say what he went and did that year.

Eeeediots.

Well said, he made into this top 10 http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/the-10-most-memorable-glastonbury-performances-2010607.html?action=Gallery&ino=2

And if you couldn't enjoy his performance i would love to know why.

Hate the 'its not Glastonbury' tag line.

They said it about Jay-Z, and I dont need to say what he went and did that year.

Eeeediots.

But Jay-Z proved everyone wrong. Beyonce isn't doing that for me.

Guest Mee-9

Enjoyed Beyonce's set.

I ain't a big fan, but Halo won me over at the end. Sounded quality.

But yeah, I suppose the Glasto organisers are beginning to believe that Glasto attracts different music tastes, and it's not just a Rock festival anymore, it's a music festival.

... a shit cover of Wonderwall? :ph34r:

Nah he was epic.

The 'it's not Glastonbury' thing is stupid though, that's exactly what it is. The moment Beyonce starts headlining Download, then it's wrong.

Enjoyed Beyonce's set.

I ain't a big fan, but Halo won me over at the end. Sounded quality.

But yeah, I suppose the Glasto organisers are beginning to believe that Glasto attracts different music tastes, and it's not just a Rock festival anymore, it's a music festival.

Has it ever been a Rock Festival? don't really think so.

Glasto has always been an incredibley diverse music festival with a huge variety of different styles and tastes and been a celebration of anything from world music, to dance music, to rock.

This list contains some of the headline acts through the years as far back as 83 Curtis Mayfield headlined certainly not a rock musician and so have the likes of sinead o'connor, Yossu N'dour, prodigy, Black Uhuro, Issac Hayes, Johnny Cash, Amy Whinhouse, Orbital none of which are classed as "rock" the list is endless

Beyonce' = FIT, but musically.... meh.

Mind you, while im here... sort yself out woman!... Whoever he was... whatever he did,... just let it go for goodness sake, i mean, whats your problem? Youve been happily married a few years, your gorgeous (i mean even AOWW is interested), incredibly successful, headlining the biggest festival in the world, powerful, rich, influential... JUST MOVE ON!

Oh and by the way...

"If you were a boy"........ phuck me, if you were, we wouldve slapped you round the ear 12 months ago... get over it.

"put a ring on it", tell you what, why dont YOU ask?

:)

Beyonce' = FIT, but musically.... meh.

Mind you, while im here... sort yself out woman!... Whoever he was... whatever he did,... just let it go for goodness sake, i mean, whats your problem? Youve been happily married a few years, your gorgeous (i mean even AOWW is interested), incredibly successful, headlining the biggest festival in the world, powerful, rich, influential... JUST MOVE ON!

Oh and by the way...

"If you were a boy"........ phuck me, if you were, we wouldve slapped you round the ear 12 months ago... get over it.

"put a ring on it", tell you what, why dont YOU ask?

:)

She's just fed up of hearing Jay-Z telling his mates he's got 99 problems and the bitch ain't one

What a brilliant weekend, was in the the festival by 8.05am Wednesday morning, by far the easiest getting in ive ever experienced at Glasto, got our stuff to where we wanted to camp by half 8, then it started to piss it down- Great.

Anyway seen on Friday-

Brother

Beardyman

Wu Tang Clan

Morrissey

Primal Scream

Saturday-

The KIlls

the Horrors

Pulp

Chemical Brothers

Sunday-

Duane Eddy

Beyonce

Duane Eddy was amazing, my mate rang his dad up so he could listen and he was so pleased so my mate went and purchased his new album and waited for Duane to do a signing after his set finished. 'To Frank, all the best Duane Eddy' My mates giving it his dad as a surprise today, it'll make his day because Duane Eddy was the first record he ever bought.

Morrissey's track selection was a bit hit and miss I thought and Beyonce's Ballad type tracks bored me to death but everyone else I seen were bang on.

Thats 7 Glasto's on the trot for me and their was talk of that one being the last one for me and my mates but by the time the tickets go on sale for 2013 I think everything will be different and ill be going number 8.

What a brilliant weekend, was in the the festival by 8.05am Wednesday morning, by far the easiest getting in ive ever experienced at Glasto, got our stuff to where we wanted to camp by half 8, then it started to piss it down- Great.

Anyway seen on Friday-

Brother

Beardyman

Wu Tang Clan

Morrissey

Primal Scream

Saturday-

The KIlls

the Horrors

Pulp

Chemical Brothers

Sunday-

Duane Eddy

Beyonce

Duane Eddy was amazing, my mate rang his dad up so he could listen and he was so pleased so my mate went and purchased his new album and waited for Duane to do a signing after his set finished. 'To Frank, all the best Duane Eddy' My mates giving it his dad as a surprise today, it'll make his day because Duane Eddy was the first record he ever bought.

Morrissey's track selection was a bit hit and miss I thought and Beyonce's Ballad type tracks bored me to death but everyone else I seen were bang on.

Thats 7 Glasto's on the trot for me and their was talk of that one being the last one for me and my mates but by the time the tickets go on sale for 2013 I think everything will be different and ill be going number 8.

Only 2 artists on the Sunday??

• 1 year later...

Archived