Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Albums you haven't listened to for ages but then when you do listen to them you wonder why you didn't listen to them for ages

LIBERTINES-LP.jpg

One of favourites ever. They were beyond average at Benicassim which massively let me down, been desperate to see them live for years and never thought i'd get the chance after Reading/Leeds 2010. All part of The Libertines story though I guess. Not been a band like them since for me.

One of favourites ever. They were beyond average at Benicassim which massively let me down, been desperate to see them live for years and never thought i'd get the chance after Reading/Leeds 2010. All part of The Libertines story though I guess. Not been a band like them since for me.

yeah, never got the chance to see them live but read and heard a few stories, like you say all part of the "charm", never know if you're going to get the best gig of your life or pete not knowing where he is, forgetting nearly all the lyrics and him and carl barely engaging with each other let alone the crowd. depends what you're after from a gig i guess, if you want a seamless, well thought through and perfectly performed live gig then i'd imagine that seeing the libertines is a bad idea! 

how come they disappointed at beni? 

yeah, never got the chance to see them live but read and heard a few stories, like you say all part of the "charm", never know if you're going to get the best gig of your life or pete not knowing where he is, forgetting nearly all the lyrics and him and carl barely engaging with each other let alone the crowd. depends what you're after from a gig i guess, if you want a seamless, well thought through and perfectly performed live gig then i'd imagine that seeing the libertines is a bad idea! 

how come they disappointed at beni? 

Exactly! As you said, Pete and Carl just looked as though they didn't want to be there at all. They missed out half the iconic songs (What Became of the Likely Lads - for example) and it was only just about held together by Gary Powell. Still great to see them live obviously, just wish it was the mid 00's Libertines, not a somewhat washed up version.

• 1 month later...