Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Albums you haven't listened to for ages but then when you do listen to them you wonder why you didn't listen to them for ages

Gish too for me.

Siamese Dream is great and such a classic, but a bit too emotional sometimes for me. MCIS is epic, but at 2 hours, it is just too long.

Great album.

as EPs go this is a cracker 

SmashingPumpkins-Zero.jpg

Tribute to Johnny and Pastichio Medley  :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hurricane is brilliant, probably the best and most visceral protest song of all time. One More Cup of Coffee is also one of my favourite songs of all time.

You can't beat Blood on the Tracks though, for me. Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts is the best story ever told through the medium of song. Absolutely spectacular song. Idiot Wind is probably the greatest evisceration of an individual on an lp, too and there's a lot of sweetness in Tangled Up In Blue, If You See Her (the complete opposite of Idiot Wind!), Simple Twist and Shelter From the Storm.

Complete classic.

Speaks volumes about Dylan that we could all reel off our favourite albums and half a dozen reasons it should be considered his best, mind. One of the few artists I'll agree with Fox92 fawning over. A complete poet genius for every generation and one of my favourite recording artists of all time. Chuffed to bits I've gotten to see him live.

Oh and obligatory shout out to Blonde on Blonde.

• Like 1

Hurricane is brilliant, probably the best and most visceral protest song of all time. One More Cup of Coffee is also one of my favourite songs of all time.

You can't beat Blood on the Tracks though, for me. Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts is the best story ever told through the medium of song. Absolutely spectacular song. Idiot Wind is probably the greatest evisceration of an individual on an lp, too and there's a lot of sweetness in Tangled Up In Blue, If You See Her (the complete opposite of Idiot Wind!), Simple Twist and Shelter From the Storm.

Complete classic.

Speaks volumes about Dylan that we could all reel off our favourite albums and half a dozen reasons it should be considered his best, mind. One of the few artists I'll agree with Fox92 fawning over. A complete poet genius for every generation and one of my favourite recording artists of all time. Chuffed to bits I've gotten to see him live.

:blush:

Yeah, seriously, absoloutely love Bob Dylan and there's no doubt he's the greatest songwriter ever. It's poetry. 

Agree with 'Blood on the Tracks' and 'Blonde on Blonde', too. My favourite album of his is probably 'Bringing it back Home' - the likes of 'Subterranean Homesick blues', '115th dream', 'Tambourine man' and 'Its alright, Ma'...

Complete classic.

Yep, I recently picked up a box set on vinyl of the mono recordings, just bliss to listen to.  Never saw him live, have to say hearing how his voice is now kinda puts me off and from what I've heard regually changes the famous songs which I don't like one bit.

p.s. I even like some of his 80's stuff... ahem.

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 1

To be fair, he's always changed up his classics live. 

Yep that is true even the early 62/63 bootlegs have his changing the lyrics, its just some of the songs from back then he still does and are barely recognizable.

If he did come here again I might have to go, simply for the reason it's Bob Dylan FFS.

Yep that is true even the early 62/63 bootlegs have his changing the lyrics, its just some of the songs from back then he still does and are barely recognizable.

If he did come here again I might have to go, simply for the reason it's Bob Dylan FFS.

He is playing a few venues next month. I looked into the Manchester gig but didn't commit, generally because I'd be going alone.