Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

27 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Hello friends. A complex series of events has occurred and I would like some advice.

a.) I order a £144 iPhone 5S from eBay.

b.) it comes, it works and I incur water damage on it within a day.

c.) i make do with a rubbish Samsung for a while.

d.) my mum gives me her second hand iPhone SE, which i am now using.

e.) a rogue second iPhone 5S turns up in the post. I remember an email saying there were problems with delivery around the time.

I am happy with the phone I have now, and would like to sell this phone. I can’t really go back to eBay and return a phone when I told them I broke it in the first place. Can I sell this one of my own accord? Am I breaking any laws? Any advice would be appreciated.

This would be theft.

Whether it's been sent to you by mistake or not.

That's fact.

Whether the seller is ever likely to realise the error is a different question.

Something similar happened to be last year and I owned up but then a theft charge would end my career.

35 minutes ago, toddybad said:

This would be theft.

Whether it's been sent to you by mistake or not.

That's fact.

Whether the seller is ever likely to realise the error is a different question.

Something similar happened to be last year and I owned up but then a theft charge would end my career.

I wouldn’t say it’s theft, it’s taking advantage of a mistake.

I once bought a piece of furniture from an auction for £18, when I stripped it back and dismantled it, I found a diamond ring and a locket in a tiny drawer. I sold them for £900 on eBay. Would you say that’s stealing or good fortune?

Edited by Strokes

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I once bought a piece of furniture from an auction for £18, when I stripped it back and dismantled it, I found a diamond ring and a locket in a tiny drawer. I sold them for £900 on eBay. Would you say that’s stealing or good fortune?

I'd say that was stealing.

I'd have gone back to the Auction House and told them to return the ring and locket to their rightful owner (probably had huge sentimental value too)

Honestly mate, you've gone Brexit Bad :nono:

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Give me my ring back

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I'm not answering your question because it's irrelevant.

If a bank machine chucks out £500 when you only asked for a tenner and you take it, what happens?

Trust me, it's theft.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, theessexfox said:

Hello friends. A complex series of events has occurred and I would like some advice.

a.) I order a £144 iPhone 5S from eBay.

b.) it comes, it works and I incur water damage on it within a day.

c.) i make do with a rubbish Samsung for a while.

d.) my mum gives me her second hand iPhone SE, which i am now using.

e.) a rogue second iPhone 5S turns up in the post. I remember an email saying there were problems with delivery around the time.

I am happy with the phone I have now, and would like to sell this phone. I can’t really go back to eBay and return a phone when I told them I broke it in the first place. Can I sell this one of my own accord? Am I breaking any laws? Any advice would be appreciated.

Personally, even if it wasn't against the law I think you should sent it back. But I'm also pretty sure that if you're sent wrong items, duplicates etc then you could be taken to court if they found out. 

3 minutes ago, stix said:

Omg reading the replies has confirmed that I’m a really bad person with horrendous morals. 

...but I’m with you Strokes. :dunno:

Edited by Guest

I have a question for the fox (but don't know how to link his name) or any other Muslim. Are non-muslim's allowed to go into a mosque during prayers just to listen and soak in the atmosphere or do they need to ask for permission or are they not allowed? And is this different in different countries? 

I've always loved the sound of the morning call to prayer on my journeying and in my dream last night I followed the faithful up a road through the town to enter a beautiful mosque. However I don't believe in any God(s) - I know that I can enter a Christian church without being a believer but don't know about mosques.

9 minutes ago, FIF said:

I have a question for the fox (but don't know how to link his name) or any other Muslim. Are non-muslim's allowed to go into a mosque during prayers just to listen and soak in the atmosphere or do they need to ask for permission or are they not allowed? And is this different in different countries? 

I've always loved the sound of the morning call to prayer on my journeying and in my dream last night I followed the faithful up a road through the town to enter a beautiful mosque. However I don't believe in any God(s) - I know that I can enter a Christian church without being a believer but don't know about mosques.

https://islamqa.info/en/2192