Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

On 05/07/2018 at 20:36, Countryfox said:

Wonder if it might be a good idea to slightly sedate them ...    one child with one diver and hopefully it should go well.

On 05/07/2018 at 20:40, Webbo said:

It's not just a straight line though. there are ups and downs. some parts are dry and need to be crawled along.

Wise words CF ! ...        (Webbo knows nowt) ....    :thumbup:

• Haha 1

Anyone good at DIY? The  cupboard under the stairs has a small hole in the ceiling from a leak from the bathroom. I've dealt with the leak but can't work out the best way to fill the hole. It seems like the ceiling is a board covering a bit of a void so obviously I can't just use polyfilla on it as there's nothing for it to stick to. 

Edited by chuck'em

1 minute ago, chuck'em said:

Anyone good at DIY? The  cupboard under the stairs has a small hole in the ceiling from a leak from the bathroom. I've dealt with the leak but can't work out the best way to fill the hole. It seems like the ceiling is a board covering a bit of a void so obviously I can't just use polyfilla on it as there's nothing for it to stick to. 

There's a hole in the ceiling? You need to get a bit of lath, or a flat stick a bit longer than the hole. Fix that across, inside the hole, either with screws or some no nails. When that's set you fix a bit of board, ideally plasterboard ,approx the shape of the hole, to the stick  and then fill over it.

I don't know if I've explained that very well.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Webbo said:

There's a hole in the ceiling? You need to get a bit of lath, or a flat stick a bit longer than the hole. Fix that across, inside the hole, either with screws or some no nails. When that's set you fix a bit of board, ideally plasterboard ,approx the shape of the hole, to the stick  and then fill over it.

Cheers mate, hadn't thought of that. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. 

15 minutes ago, chuck'em said:

Only about 3 inches and pretty round. 

If it's 3 inches do the above. Sometimes when it's a small hole you can shove a bit of cardboard or screwed up paper in the hole and fill over it.

58 minutes ago, Webbo said:

What’s a bit of ‘lath’ mate?

I’ve also got a hole similar size in the hall below the shower (picture below) 

Can you buy small bits of plasterboard from the likes of B&Q?

Cheers 

DEEA3E51-F5B8-4321-82C7-523A16E21530.jpeg

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

What’s a bit of ‘lath’ mate?

I’ve also got a hole similar size in the hall below the shower (picture below) 

Can you buy small bits of plasterboard from the likes of B&Q?

Cheers 

DEEA3E51-F5B8-4321-82C7-523A16E21530.jpeg

It's what they nail roof tiles to. It's about an inch thick and about inch and a half wide. If you've you've got any flat wood it'll work. If you haven't got a little bit of plaster board you can use a bit of hardboard or MDF but obviously plasterboard is easier to cut and it's the right thickness.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's what they nail roof tiles to. It's about an inch thick and about inch and a half wide. If you've you've got any flat wood it'll work. If you haven't got a little bit of plaster board you can use a bit of hardboard or MDF but obviously plasterboard is easier to cut and it's the right thickness.

Wicked. Thanks mate, I'll have a go!

12 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Does anyone on here have shitting  problems when they go abroad?. I’ve been away since Sunday and haven’t been once.

It depends where you go.

I went to Cairo once and didn't stop for a week.

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Surely that’s explosion territory? I have a 2pm poo every day. I can’t remember the last time it didn’t happen.

I have 1 at 7 O'Clock every morning.

Trouble is I don't wake up until half past :( 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Surely that’s explosion territory?

No kidding.

I've travelled to plenty of places where the hygiene was questionable (open sewers in Bombay spring to mind) but Cairo was on another level.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I have a 2pm poo every day. I can’t remember the last time it didn’t happen.

Thanks for sharing that, mate.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

An oldie, but a goodie.

Gotta go, just started watching Insidious on the horror channel ...    looks well scary ...   hope it’s not too scary though or I might be having my 7 o’clocker 10 hours early !! ....    :o