Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

57 minutes ago, Buce said:

What kind do you have? 

Not sure what the make is without digging it out but just thought it might be another way of looking at the problem ...   i also recall looking at a watch (think it was Breitling) and it had one built in ...   fantastic bit of kit ....    probably a bit pricey but would last a lifetime and it looked superb (too pricey for me!) ...   there may be cheaper alternatives ..   

14 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Not sure what the make is without digging it out but just thought it might be another way of looking at the problem ...   i also recall looking at a watch (think it was Breitling) and it had one built in ...   fantastic bit of kit ....    probably a bit pricey but would last a lifetime and it looked superb (too pricey for me!) ...   there may be cheaper alternatives ..   

What I really want to know (and the internet is surprisingly lacking in information) is whether it is allowed to carry them on commercial aircraft. I have the option of hiring one in Oz but it’s half the price of buying one outright and I’ll get multiple use out of owning one, but only if I can carry it on a flight. 

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

What I really want to know (and the internet is surprisingly lacking in information) is whether it is allowed to carry them on commercial aircraft. I have the option of hiring one in Oz but it’s half the price of buying one outright and I’ll get multiple use out of owning one, but only if I can carry it on a flight. 

No idea Bucey but I've just texted my commercial airline pilot drinking buddy to see if he knows ...   

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

Nice one, mate. Thanks. :thumbup:

"Not really sure but probably ok if turned off and in hold luggage ...   see you in the pub tomorrow"

Sorry mate thats the best I can get out of the useless bugger but will grill him properly over a pint tomorrow  ...   :thumbup:

Why don’t all churches take the lead off their roofs and replace with an alternate that looks similar but isn’t worth much (put tin on for example and paint grey) ...   that way they get the money for themselves and manage the replacement so no damage is done.   

A church in Furneux was stripped over the weekend ...   the value of the lead was over £225,000 ....

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

"Not really sure but probably ok if turned off and in hold luggage ...   see you in the pub tomorrow"

Sorry mate thats the best I can get out of the useless bugger but will grill him properly over a pint tomorrow  ...   :thumbup:

Thanks, CF, that would be great.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about.

41YB-LZT1vL.jpg

It's certified non-hazmat, even though it has lithium batteries, and there would be no issue with it being switched on as it's only on when activated in an emergency.

Edited by Buce

We're putting our old non smart TV in my son's room for the first time. Is there any easy way to get Skygo on it so he can watch TV? 

We have a PS4 downstairs which has it but don't want to move that.  Is there any other way? Looks like Amazon Firesticks don't have an app for it and don't want to upgrade to multi-room.

On 19/06/2019 at 14:15, Buce said:

Thanks, CF, that would be great.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about.

41YB-LZT1vL.jpg

It's certified non-hazmat, even though it has lithium batteries, and there would be no issue with it being switched on as it's only on when activated in an emergency.

Flyboy no show as playing 5 aside !! ...   but he is still VERY confident it would be ok if turned off and in hold luggage ...    I’ll see him at some point and double check or get a number for you to ring. 

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Flyboy no show as playing 5 aside !! ...   but he is still VERY confident it would be ok if turned off and in hold luggage ...    I’ll see him at some point and double check or get a number for you to ring. 

Thanks, mate, but I've had an answer from the Civil Aviation Authority and the manufacturer, and it's legal to take it as carry on luggage (with a certificate from the manufacturer stating it conforms to hazmat regulations, which can be printed off from their website) but not in the hold.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Thanks, mate, but I've had an answer from the Civil Aviation Authority and the manufacturer, and it's legal to take it as carry on luggage (with a certificate from the manufacturer stating it conforms to hazmat regulations, which can be printed off from their website) but not in the hold.

Stupid bugger ...   wait till I see him !! ..   never fly Ryanair ...   bunch of idiots !! ...   :)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Squared or tapered?

Ive been asked this question hundreds of times over the years at the barbers and I still don’t know the right answer.

Why is the barber selling dildos?

And which answer did you give?

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

Why is the barber selling dildos?

And which answer did you give?

I always tell the barber to decide for me.

I really should research the difference at some stage :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Ah I see. They all look shit so hopefully the barber made the right choice today. I think he chose tapered for me :thumbup:

Tapered looks the best on that. Squared looks shit. I mean its clearly photoshopped, but it's still look shit.