Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

9 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

That's really interesting and yes he was quite old back in the 80's … It makes you wonder what his life was before and why he turned to a life on the street. Quite sad tbh ..

Yeah, it was the early Seventies when I knew him and he was old then; there were all sorts of stories about his previous life but I don't know which, if any, were true.

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

Just read something about Chris Hughton having been one of only two black managers in the Premier League.

Who is the other one?

Ruud Gullit?    I also think Terry Connor managed Wolves for a bit in Premier League as well so it could be more than two managers?  

Edited by The Blur

12 minutes ago, Buce said:

Just read something about Chris Hughton having been one of only two black managers in the Premier League.

Who is the other one?

Darren Moore? Or was he only a caretaker-manager?

30 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Ruud Gullit?    I also think Terry Connor managed Wolves for a bit in Premier League as well so it could be more than two managers?  

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Darren Moore? Or was he only a caretaker-manager?

15 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Didn't Fulham have one years ago? Some French dude?

13 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Tigana.

10 minutes ago, pds said:

Didn't Ince manage Blackburn in the Prem?

7 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Sound like there's been a few! :P

No, I inferred it as meaning currently. :dunno:

This is the quote:

Hughton, 60, who was contracted with the Seagulls until 2021, was one of just two black managers in the Premier League.”

Edited by Buce

35 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Must be Nuno.

34 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

That's stereotyping a bit maybe Rafa is quarter African?

No, I think it is Nuno - he actually comes from a place I’ve never heard of called Sao Tome Principe, which is the second smallest African nation. It’s population is predominantly of African and mestiço  (mixed Portuguese/African) heritage. 

Gotta love the internet. ?

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

No, I think it is Nuno - he actually comes from a place I’ve never heard of called Sao Tome Principe, which is the second smallest African nation. It’s population is predominantly of African and mestiço  (mixed Portuguese/African) heritage. 

Gotta love the internet. ?

I thought it Sean Dyche, that gravel voice isn't real, and also his skin colour

• Haha 1

If I buy new glasses frames online with a reputable supplier/company that does it, would they be able to fit my lenses into them and send them to me?

Already got a lens prescription, but need new frames as current ones have some damage to the paintwork and apparently it's cheaper online than having to go back to Specsavers and buy a couple of hundred £ to get a new one.

8 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If I buy new glasses frames online with a reputable supplier/company that does it, would they be able to fit my lenses into them and send them to me?

Already got a lens prescription, but need new frames as current ones have some damage to the paintwork and apparently it's cheaper online than having to go back to Specsavers and buy a couple of hundred £ to get a new one.

Most if these places seem the lenses with the glasses too. Just upload your prescription and enjoy your cheap glasses. There's often deals on Groupon and HotUKDeals.

I've bought a few like this.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, murphy said:

A man is told "if you lie we will hang you, if you tell the truth we will shoot you."

What should he say?

You will hang me.

Edited by Buce

I need to replace a bathroom sink mixer tap. Do I ask a plumber or a bathroom fitter? It seems a bit trivial for either but I cant do it myself because it's an awkward place to get access to and the pipe fittings are those push-fit type and I have no idea how to separate them.

Edited by Parafox

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

I need to replace a bathroom sink mixer tap. Do I ask a plumber or a bathroom fitter? It seems a bit trivial for either but I cant do it myself because it's an awkward place to get access to and the pipe fittings are those push-fit type and I have no idea how to separate them.

Call a local handyman, it will be cheaper