Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Benguin said:

I keep having a sharp pain in my foot and thigh at exactly the same time that lasts for 5 seconds (kind of like a wasp sting)

any ideas? It seems weird that t happens at exactly the same moment in two seemingly unrelated areas of my leg.

Trapped nerve?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Benguin said:

I keep having a sharp pain in my foot and thigh at exactly the same time that lasts for 5 seconds (kind of like a wasp sting)

any ideas? It seems weird that t happens at exactly the same moment in two seemingly unrelated areas of my leg.

A few years back, I started getting an occasional sharp pain in my thigh (not foot) and was told that it was caused by a nerve issue in my hip, so Strokes' suggestion is certainly credible.

It just went away after a few weeks, once I was able to sleep lying down again (I'd been sleeping sitting up, due to a broken arm).

Worth getting your GP to check it out, to cover the unlikely eventuality of it being something more significant (e.g.vein/circulation issue or condition affecting muscles?).

• Thanks 1

Have any of you ever turned a corner in your car to find a vehicle that wasn't on the previous road, but they're travelling in the same direction as you and so close ahead of you at such a speed that you're sure you should've seen them make the turn, plus based on the road you're confident they haven't have just pulled out either?

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Is this like a Kronenbourg thing? 

(only fractionally less creepy) 

If you mean by this https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kronenbourg then I guess so.

Here's the BOBFOC entry https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=BOB FOC

21 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Have any of you ever turned a corner in your car to find a vehicle that wasn't on the previous road, but they're travelling in the same direction as you and so close ahead of you at such a speed that you're sure you should've seen them make the turn, plus based on the road you're confident they haven't have just pulled out either?

Me. I remember turning a corner once and saying to the missus, “where’s that van come from?”  It was travelling in the same direction, at cruising speed and about 30 yards in front of me somehow. No side streets or driveways that it could’ve come from. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Blarmy said:

Me. I remember turning a corner once and saying to the missus, “where’s that van come from?”  It was travelling in the same direction, at cruising speed and about 30 yards in front of me somehow. No side streets or driveways that it could’ve come from. 

At least if I'm crazy I'm not the only one. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone got any experience of travelling outside the UK with less than 6 months left on your passport?

We booked a last minute week to Majora leaving in 10 days time and just noticed the kids passports have only got 5 months left on them.

I know this should just be a quick Google search but the answers I’m seeing are conflicting. The UK Gov site says 6 months but the Spanish embassy site says 3 months. 
Jet 2 don’t want to know and various travel forums also offer conflicting advice.

P.S. This has nothing to do with Brexit!!

Thanks 

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

Has anyone got any experience of travelling outside the UK with less than 6 months left on your passport?

We booked a last minute week to Majora leaving in 10 days time and just noticed the kids passports have only got 5 months left on them.

I know this should just be a quick Google search but the answers I’m seeing are conflicting. The UK Gov site says 6 months but the Spanish embassy site says 3 months. 
Jet 2 don’t want to know and various travel forums also offer conflicting advice.

Thanks 

Before we went to Majorca in April, just before Brexit was due to happen, we used the government website and it said my other half's passport wasn't valid, he had around the same time remaining I think. We just renewed it to be on the safe side, I know you said it was nothing to do with brexit but I think it is. From memory you need at least 6 months remaining on the passports. Whether or not it will be an actual problem or not I can't help, sorry. 

https://www.gov.uk/check-a-passport-for-travel-to-europe

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

Thanks 

I went to Greece with 3 weeks left on my passport. Wasn’t an issue.

That was with Jet2. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1