Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

9 minutes ago, davieG said:

Why do TV Quiz contestants clap themselves when they give the correct answer?

Similar thing. Why do doubles tennis players congratulate themselves/high five/fist bump after every point, even when they lose?

4 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

What does the hand emoji mean when the thumb is up but the little finger is down?

Received a message containing: ?

I assume it means 'call me' 

Image result for call me hand gesture

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Similar thing. Why do doubles tennis players congratulate themselves/high five/fist bump after every point, even when they lose?

This winds me up. I saw a bit of the French Open the other week and the very first point I saw when I switched it on, the bloke gave it the old fist clench just because he put away an easy volley to go 15-0. 

I turned it straight off. Can't stand that shit. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve recently changed jobs and have been paid  more than I thought. I’ve checked my payslip and have received “back pay”. 

Looking at the definitions online it’s a kind of compensation, but it was my decision to leave my last place of work. I did lose 4 days pay because I took a lot of annual leave but it was pro rata.

Can anybody please explain it or had any experience with it?

52 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I’ve recently changed jobs and have been paid  more than I thought. I’ve checked my payslip and have received “back pay”. 

Looking at the definitions online it’s a kind of compensation, but it was my decision to leave my last place of work. I did lose 4 days pay because I took a lot of annual leave but it was pro rata.

Can anybody please explain it or had any experience with it?

Is the 'back pay' on the last payslip from your previous employer?

That 'back pay' could be down to a number of things. It suggests they've miscalculated your pay historically so are in effect paying you back what they owe you. Could be related to bonuses, holidays, overtime, pro rata pay increases, all sorts. 

If 'back pay' is on your first payslip from your new employer then that doesn't sound right to me and I ask your new payroll dept to explain.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Is the 'back pay' on the last payslip from your previous employer?

That 'back pay' could be down to a number of things. It suggests they've miscalculated your pay historically so are in effect paying you back what they owe you. Could be related to bonuses, holidays, overtime, pro rata pay increases, all sorts. 

If 'back pay' is on your first payslip from your new employer then that doesn't sound right to me and I ask your new payroll dept to explain.

As someone that works in payroll, that's exactly what I would have said Izzy. :thumbup:

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

As someone that works in payroll, that's exactly what I would have said Izzy. :thumbup:

As someone who doesn't, I'd have said stick it in your pocket and keep schtum.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Can Dogs be racist?  Lucious Singh seems to hate white people, he is such a softy, but he see's a white person the dog gets very aggressive?  

Could be specist. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Can Dogs be racist?  Lucious Singh seems to hate white people, he is such a softy, but he see's a white person the dog gets very aggressive?  

I had a bit of a racist joke lined up but have wisely thought better of it!

It's probably just down to him being used to the smell of his own humans and distrusts others. My uncle's dog used to go barmy at anyone who didn't live there, to the point they had to put him out in the back garden when anyone came round. Dogs can be very  protective of their owners and territory. 

Edited by The Bear

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I had a bit of a racist joke lined up but have wisely thought better of it!

It's probably just down to him being used to the smell of his own humans and distrusts others. My uncle's dog used to go barmy at anyone who didn't live there, to the point they had to put him out in the back garden when anyone came round. Dogs can be very  protective of their owners and territory. 

:ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

@ all the heavy tv watchers.

I saw an advert the other day for an american fridge freezer for £700, I don't watch much tele and haven't come across it again, does anybody know what store it was that was selling it please? 

£700 on a fvcking fridge freezer? :blink:

Are you sure that's fiscally prudent?