Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

24 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I've had an ongoing complaint with a hotel chain for the last couple of weeks, to cut a long story short, they told someone that I didn't want to know that I was staying there, but they didn't just stop there, they went to the lengths of telling this person my room number and that I'd extended my stay for 2 more nights! 

Stayed at a different hotel from the same chain last night and woke up covered in bites, literally 8 on my back the size of a pound coin.

I've emailed the people dealing with my complaint who will also look in to this too.

Basically,  does anyone have similar experiences? What will they offer me? 

I'm sure telling someone I've extended a stay is against data protection laws?

I'm not one for the culture of complaining and trying to get something for nothing, but they have really fvcked me off! 

Have the bites and not wanting someone to know you are in a hotel have any correlation or have you worded it a bit wrong?(sound like Pearson.)If they do we could have a whole new thread!:)

On 01/06/2019 at 01:53, Wymeswold fox said:

Hope @Rincewind is ok? Hasn't been log in since December.

The last time he was off for a while (a few years back) was just after he posted something saying he hadn't been very well at the time.

18 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Panic ye not, Wymeswold!

He posted on Facebook yesterday. :thumbup: 

phew...was preparing the card...

Image result for get well soon horse

• Haha 1

Just now, PAULCFC said:

Have the bites and not wanting someone to know you are in a hotel have any correlation or have you worded it a bit wrong?(sound like Pearson.)If they do we could have a whole new thread!:)

I wouldn't be complaining if that were the case! lol

I want to get a couple of football shirts on the cheap and I remember seeing a website through here that had loads of training gear and tops at really good rates.

I can't recall it and have no idea when I looked at it (or what thread it was in), does anyone have any suggestions?

21 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I want to get a couple of football shirts on the cheap and I remember seeing a website through here that had loads of training gear and tops at really good rates.

I can't recall it and have no idea when I looked at it (or what thread it was in), does anyone have any suggestions?

DH Gate 

or

Aliexpress

Edit... some have issues with these being considered "counterfeit"

Edited by ozleicester
  • Thanks 1

Why are trains from Leicester to London so expensive in comparison to other cities/towns? 

I've got an exam in London on Friday. Usually I'd drive, but the exam is 09:30 and would be nice to relax/revise on the train so I checked out Leicester to London and it was circa £45-60 for a return, the return being off-peak also. By comparison Rugby is about £21, even places like Oakham and Market Harborough were cheaper by around £10. 

When I lived in Kenilworth you could get a train from Tile Hill/Coventry/Leamington to London and back for £15/20, I know it's different lines but surely that does equate for the huge difference? It's still direct at the end of the day. 

31 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Why are trains from Leicester to London so expensive in comparison to other cities/towns? 

I've got an exam in London on Friday. Usually I'd drive, but the exam is 09:30 and would be nice to relax/revise on the train so I checked out Leicester to London and it was circa £45-60 for a return, the return being off-peak also. By comparison Rugby is about £21, even places like Oakham and Market Harborough were cheaper by around £10. 

When I lived in Kenilworth you could get a train from Tile Hill/Coventry/Leamington to London and back for £15/20, I know it's different lines but surely that does equate for the huge difference? It's still direct at the end of the day. 

Demand, competition, and EMT overpaying for the franchise.

• Thanks 1

Where do chip shops source their sausages (and jumbo) sausages from? 

Ive bought millions of sausages in the uk and never bought a chip shop style one. Holidaying in Majorca and every sausage is a chip shop sausage. My three year old really enjoys sausages hence I know they’re all chip shop style.

5 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Ive bought millions of sausages in the uk and never bought a chip shop style one. Holidaying in Majorca and every sausage is a chip shop sausage. My three year old really enjoys sausages hence I know they’re all chip shop style.

Take any cheap/shit frozen catering sausage & deep fry it.  It comes out 'chip shop' style.

You can probably pick up of a box of 50 for about £10 from the Cash & Carry.

3 hours ago, pSinatra said:

Take any cheap/shit frozen catering sausage & deep fry it.  It comes out 'chip shop' style.

?

8 hours ago, pSinatra said:

Oh I don’t want to buy any

On 12/06/2019 at 22:15, SystonFox said:

Someone's telling porkies...

On 12/06/2019 at 22:15, SystonFox said:

Have you tried going to the chip shop?