Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Having a bit of trouble with the new tumble dryer I bought a few weeks ago. Worked perfectly for 3 weeks but now when we run it it goes for a few minutes then trips the circuit breaker out. Tried it on 2 separate circuits and it still cuts out. Checked the fuses and they are fine. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing it please? 

Only thing I can think of is a faulty power supply unit giving the system a power spike and making it shut down. Or more likely if it's cutting out after the same amount of time every time something could be overheating.

Either way it's only a few weeks old so get the retailer to collect it and repair, or supply another one. 

• Thanks 1

Hope @Rincewind is ok? Hasn't been log in since December.

The last time he was off for a while (a few years back) was just after he posted something saying he hadn't been very well at the time.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, The Blur said:

Why do Indian restaurants open restaurants next to dual carriageways?   Is it simple opportunism,  cheap rent or something else that only Indians know?  

Most Indian restaurants are owned by Bangladeshis, you will probably need to ask them.

Personally I think it's because of the ame supply of roadkill you get at dual carriages.

• Haha 2

On 31/05/2019 at 18:53, Wymeswold fox said:

Hope @Rincewind is ok? Hasn't been log in since December.

The last time he was off for a while (a few years back) was just after he posted something saying he hadn't been very well at the time.

Panic ye not, Wymeswold!

He posted on Facebook yesterday. :thumbup: 

• Like 2

I've had an ongoing complaint with a hotel chain for the last couple of weeks, to cut a long story short, they told someone that I didn't want to know that I was staying there, but they didn't just stop there, they went to the lengths of telling this person my room number and that I'd extended my stay for 2 more nights! 

Stayed at a different hotel from the same chain last night and woke up covered in bites, literally 8 on my back the size of a pound coin.

I've emailed the people dealing with my complaint who will also look in to this too.

Basically,  does anyone have similar experiences? What will they offer me? 

I'm sure telling someone I've extended a stay is against data protection laws?

I'm not one for the culture of complaining and trying to get something for nothing, but they have really fvcked me off! 

6 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I've had an ongoing complaint with a hotel chain for the last couple of weeks, to cut a long story short, they told someone that I didn't want to know that I was staying there, but they didn't just stop there, they went to the lengths of telling this person my room number and that I'd extended my stay for 2 more nights! 

Stayed at a different hotel from the same chain last night and woke up covered in bites, literally 8 on my back the size of a pound coin.

I've emailed the people dealing with my complaint who will also look in to this too.

I'm not one for the culture of complaining and trying to get something for nothing, but they have really fvcked me off! 

My recommendation would be to find the CEO of said hotel chain on here - https://www.ceoemail.com/ and explain the situation in detail via email, give them a particular time period to get back to you and an indication of what you will do should they not resolve the situation (contact trading standards etc)

I've used said website a few times and nearly always acheived some sort of positive result, ranging from EE refunding the last couple of months of my contract to a £50 John Lewis voucher for a bizarre experience in Waitrose - Bath. 

2 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

My recommendation would be to find the CEO of said hotel chain on here - https://www.ceoemail.com/ and explain the situation in detail via email, give them a particular time period to get back to you and an indication of what you will do should they not resolve the situation (contact trading standards etc)

I've used said website a few times and nearly always acheived some sort of positive result, ranging from EE refunding the last couple of months of my contract to a £50 John Lewis voucher for a bizarre experience in Waitrose - Bath. 

I can't be the only one who wants details...

19 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Regarding the data protection breach - did they actually give any personal information out? As in your name, date of birth, address etc?

What was the reason for you not wanting that person to know you were there? 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Regarding the data protection breach - did they actually give any personal information out? As in your name, date of birth, address etc?

What was the reason for you not wanting that person to know you were there? 

It's an ex girlfriend causing trouble, she phoned around a few hotels, the one I was in said I can't tell you if he's staying here, then she said "I need to drop off a bag and make sure it's the right place". They then confirmed my name, she dropped off a carrier bag with junk in it, then rang back later to ask if I had recieved the bag. Reception told them I'd got it and then told her I'd booked in for 2 more nights.

I know this is extreme, but if that was a bloke doing that to a woman and something had happened....

I'm furious about it.