Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Fifa 12

fifa+12+ps3+xbox+360+2.png

fifa+12.jpg

fifa+12+ps3+xbox+360+5.png

EA Sports is hard at work on FIFA 12, and has detailed some of the improvements you can expect to see when the game releases later this year.

Despite huge critical celebration of FIFA 11, EA Canada producer (and Brit ex-pat) David Rutter has promised that the studio isn't resting on its laurels for the next game in the series.

The producer told the latest issue of OPM UK that EA has an "enormous shopping list" of improvements it wishes to make in its new game - and specified a few areas that the studio's already working on.

"I think we did a great job with the Personality Plus feature [in FIFA 11," he said, "but the the teams [AI] doesn't support that quite as much as it should.

"As an example, a team doesn't spot that if Peter Crouch in the area, they can lay a load of high balls onto his head."

Rutter also revealed that set pieces are getting a complete overhaul, and that EA isn't happy with interruptive in-game loading screens.

"Set-pieces are still a bit lame," he candidly admitted. "I get frustrated by not being able to do quick throw-ins, not being able to quickly select my free-kick takers, on the fly stuff. We're somewhat last-gen in the way the game cuts [before those things]."

Rutter also commented on where the FIFA series is headed in more thematic terms - addressing the developer's wish to add more "soul" into proceedings.

"Those moments where you take one [player] tp his old club and the boo boys come out, or his old team are more aggressive in the tackle towards him. SO you think: 'Wow! FIFA understands not just the game of football, but the sport and passion behind it'."

FIFA 12 introduces the 'Impact Engine' which properly tracks and formulates contact between players, including their hips, knees etc.

The AI will also keep track of areas of the body players have been injured during a match. Players can also become injured off the ball if abused too much, especially late in the game.

FIFA 12 also introduces 'AI Vision Game' (rough translation), which promises to make passing more realistic. If you try to complete a pass to a player that's not within visible range, for example, it's less likely you'll complete the pass. EA hopes this will get rid of "blind passing".

Personality Plus is more developed and should influence AI players' passes this time.

AI is said to be "more human", with each player acting more or less according to his abilities. One example given is when an AI player sees Fabregas coming towards him with the ball, he'll act more carefully.

OPM describes "new presentation" of matches in FIFA 12, which are said to be very much inspired by English football crowds.

The game includes three new arenas, this time with integrated benches along the sidelines and "impressive lighting effects" according to OPM France.

Integration of a new short dribble with the left stick.

The game features a new camera that's noticeably closer to the ground.

There's also a new menu interface that appears to be simpler and more ergonomic than before.

Looks good

One thing what annoys me is freekicks, there too easy to score you'll know what I mean by going on youtube and putting in FIFA 11 Freekick tutorial. Also when you put someone on the line to block a freekick, you change kick taker and the player goes off the line, this wouldn't happen in real life so why does it move the player?! Well annoying online.

Also EA need to have a word with there editors. Example.

Dj Campbell a 75, same rating as Yakubu? Behave.

Ashley Williams a 69, Patrick Kisnorbo a 71? YOU SURE?!

Max Gradels pace a 89 or 90 when Messi is a 93 or 94.

I could go on but not worth it as it won't get changed!

One thing what annoys me is freekicks, there too easy to score you'll know what I mean by going on youtube and putting in FIFA 11 Freekick tutorial. Also when you put someone on the line to block a freekick, you change kick taker and the player goes off the line, this wouldn't happen in real life so why does it move the player?! Well annoying online.

Also EA need to have a word with there editors. Example.

Dj Campbell a 75, same rating as Yakubu? Behave.

Ashley Williams a 69, Patrick Kisnorbo a 71? YOU SURE?!

Max Gradels pace a 89 or 90 when Messi is a 93 or 94.

I could go on but not worth it as it won't get changed!

Yakubu isn't rated 75, you obviously haven't got the latest updates downloaded if Yakubu is only 75. He starts 77 for me.

Don't understand your Gradel example?

That's one of the things that bugs me, Fifa seem to think that if a player's in League 1/Championship, he can't be as fast as someone in the Premier League. Sick of John Terry outpacing Lloyd Dyer or something along those lines, just because he plays for Chelsea. Silly.

That's one of the things that bugs me, Fifa seem to think that if a player's in League 1/Championship, he can't be as fast as someone in the Premier League. Sick of John Terry outpacing Lloyd Dyer or something along those lines, just because he plays for Chelsea. Silly.

I thought this, I bought Ryo Miyachi (91 pace) and he was getting outpaced by Nemanja Fooking Vidic, ridiculous.

Yakubu isn't rated 75, you obviously haven't got the latest updates downloaded if Yakubu is only 75. He starts 77 for me.

I obviously have got the latest updates, no update has been released since Jan and Yakubu was a 75 on it.

Edit: Do you mean ultimate team Yakubu? He's a 77, IF Yakubu is a 80. Online ranked match Yakubu will be a 75.

What's not to get. Gradel isn't that fast, he's almost quicker than Messi on the game. FIFA is supposed to be realistic is it not. Gradel only a few marks off him in pace? lol.

FIFA 12 also introduces 'AI Vision Game' (rough translation), which promises to make passing more realistic. If you try to complete a pass to a player that's not within visible range, for example, it's less likely you'll complete the pass. EA hopes this will get rid of "blind passing".

Makes me want to cry :cry:

Makes me want to cry :cry:

I didn't get that bit :S

Does that mean if he's not on screen? Because I use manual through balls/long passing etc and often i'll see a player make a run on the edge of the screen/radar and ping it over the top for him. If 'blind passing' does mean off the screen that that's a load of crap. Real players aren't limited to passing within the 20 yards around them.

And that's the whole point of having great passers like Xavi, Fabregas, Scholes etc.

Does that mean if he's not on screen? Because I use manual through balls/long passing etc and often i'll see a player make a run on the edge of the screen/radar and ping it over the top for him. If 'blind passing' does mean off the screen that that's a load of crap. Real players aren't limited to passing within the 20 yards around them.

And that's the whole point of having great passers like Xavi, Fabregas, Scholes etc.

itll mean passing to a player that wouldnt be visible through the eyes of the player your passing to.

No I think it means in the players vision, not yours. Many of times i've been running away from goal or shielding with my back to goal and done a chip through ball behind me, which in real life you never see as there would be no way of spotting the run or even kicking it that accurately on the turn.

itll mean passing to a player that wouldnt be visible through the eyes of the player your passing to.

No I think it means in the players vision, not yours. Many of times i've been running away from goal or shielding with my back to goal and done a chip through ball behind me, which in real life you never see as there would be no way of spotting the run or even kicking it that accurately on the turn.

Ah reet, I thought they kind of adressed that a few years back. I'm sure I remember it from some press release and nowadays passes that you try and play to a player behind you are always weaker and less accurate anyway :S

Either way, I'm looking forward to it, sounds like it'll be a bit different to 10 and 11.

I obviously have got the latest updates, no update has been released since Jan and Yakubu was a 75 on it.

Edit: Do you mean ultimate team Yakubu? He's a 77, IF Yakubu is a 80. Online ranked match Yakubu will be a 75.

Yeah I meant UT, my bad :thumbup:

Archived