Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Fifa 12

Basically no ping pong passing which I can't stand when playing online!!, I hope they sort this out, loads of players go for Chelsea aswell, ping pong to get it to the front 3 and one twos until they are free. Annoying

Basically no ping pong passing which I can't stand when playing online!!, I hope they sort this out, loads of players go for Chelsea aswell, ping pong to get it to the front 3 and one twos until they are free. Annoying

I wish controls were set slightly more manually by default. I play with manual through balls, lobs and shooting with crossing and passing on semi. Pretty sure the default is everything on assisted though. It just means players never really learn how to play the game. It's so much more satisfying as well.

The pace thing is stupid, I was playing online with leicester and was tearing down the wing with dyer and gary neville caught him up on more than one occasion. Sort it out

I agree with this. Messi, Ronaldo, Robben etc all infront of the player chasing them by about 10-15 yards then the player which is chasing them catches up? Ok.

Also from kick off this shouldn't be allowed. Take kick off pass it straight to a centre back, watch the radar for the run of the player high ball straight over the top the player what took kick off is one on one with the keeper

I agree with this. Messi, Ronaldo, Robben etc all infront of the player chasing them by about 10-15 yards then the player which is chasing them catches up? Ok.

Also from kick off this shouldn't be allowed. Take kick off pass it straight to a centre back, watch the radar for the run of the player high ball straight over the top the player what took kick off is one on one with the keeper

why not?

That's very similar to what several teams do IRL, roll the ball back to a midfielder and then launch the ball long - only difference being they tend to launch it towards the wings instead of straight down the middle.

Messi needs to be improved, his rating might be 90 odd but he's not that good in gameplay compared to real life... Its hard to dribble with him cause as soon as you get near a player he gets outstrengthed way too easily, when in real life his ability to keep the ball and his balance is top-noch, and doesn't get pushed off easily.

why not?

That's very similar to what several teams do IRL, roll the ball back to a midfielder and then launch the ball long - only difference being they tend to launch it towards the wings instead of straight down the middle.

Because it goes to the player every single time and they are one on one with your keeper, thats why! :D

Looks good but I wanna see a variety of shot styles eg. when a player shoots from the corner of the 6 yard box IRL 9/10 times you go across the goal for far post but on FIFA 11 9/10 times the shot goes straight at the keeper or hits near post side netting.

Or if you do go near post I wanna see the odd goalie fumble where it slithers under his body. Not him palming into the net whcih a keeper rarely does.

they shouldn't ban a style of play because you can't defend against it, next up arsenal will be asking for stoke to be banned from playing because of the long ball & throws.

Missed my point completely and the things you mention are different. Fifa is supposed to be realistic, doing the straight from kick off, back to centre back lump it forward and striker is one on one isn't. Why does it comes across as you do this?

Messi needs to be improved, his rating might be 90 odd but he's not that good in gameplay compared to real life... Its hard to dribble with him cause as soon as you get near a player he gets outstrengthed way too easily, when in real life his ability to keep the ball and his balance is top-noch, and doesn't get pushed off easily.

I agree with this, I don't know how hes actually a 90 on the game, he plays like a 70.

IMO this years game has been a vast improvement on recent years. Can't wait for 12.

Missed my point completely and the things you mention are different. Fifa is supposed to be realistic, doing the straight from kick off, back to centre back lump it forward and striker is one on one isn't. Why does it comes across as you do this?

I don't know since i don't play FIFA.

And although that exact situation isn't realistic, there are very similar situations IRL - just as i said the ball goes towards the wings instead.

I don't know since i don't play FIFA.

And although that exact situation isn't realistic, there are very similar situations IRL - just as i said the ball goes towards the wings instead.

You would know what I meant if you played FIFA, its annoying that too many people try it. I can agaisnt it but still its annoying.

I would only real care and to some extent notice the changes if they where what really needed changing instead of slightly changing little effects and calling the game a brand new overhauled version. In my opinion the one thing that really bugs me is player growth, in 09 the growth was incrediblely quick and some what unrealistic in that sence while 2011 the growth ether rediculsly slow to no grow at all for example Arron Ramsey a brilliant young player in 5 full seasons he grew by one overal that's just stupid

I do this. It's ****ing effective! lol

I tried this today after reading about it on here, only worked a couple of times for me.

On a side note LOSC Lille are awesome on fifa for me at the moment. Eden Hazard & Gervinho have been tearing it up all day!!!

I feel so stressed out knowing the new game is out in late September - three more months to get all the achievements on FIFA 11! lol

But on a serious note, I really do hope they've improved gameplay and the game modes by a large margin for the new version.

I'm fed up with EA's yearly patch disguised as a "new" game.

Animations need to improve, all the subs videos are pointless and take up the time, you can't cancel them.

User surface needs to become more user-friendly and easier to navigate.

Finally, start implementing all the real stadia and more leagues - as for licensing fees, you've earned millions with all the previous FIFAs, EA so start investing them and make the game more realistic in every single aspect!!

I miss Greece and Japan most of all. And maybe include the full Argentine league.

I'd love to hear more real-life chants, too. And what about a pre-match intro similar to the ones NBA 2K11 uses?

Manager Mode needs an urgent revamp - the main menu is cluttered with useless info and the info that is needed isn't on there. The whole mode needs to go A LOT deeper.

I'd also love to see live league tables during matches (or at least the option to have them appear on screen).

And - a wish for the future - a football TV show surrounding the action - with moderators from each respective country (a la Madden NFL).

EDIT: And ****ing sort things out online, EA!!! If your servers can't handle the action, don't use the engine before it has been tested thoroughly!!

I've had too many stalled games (e.g. the game freezing), people quitting in the middle of a match, matches getting called off because one of the "leaders" on either side quit in the team selection menu, etc.

It's got to get A LOT more stable than that!!!

Also:

a) Why do I always have to manually confirm the game's language in the beginning?

b) Why do I always have to manually acknowledge the autosave feature in the title screen?

Oh, and the loading times are sometimes a bit laughable.

The E3 trailer they've just shown ended with a 3-4 second close-up of some fans celebrating, out of all the fans they could have chosen they decided to use AFC Wimbledon fans, Sports Interactive logos and all :D

Cheers EA! Don't expect us to repay the free advertising.

I think they need to do a few things.

First off sort the ****ing crowd out.

Get more faces.

They should make a team play like their real life style e.g. Barca should be playing their slick passing and teams like Birmingham and Stoke should bombard you at set pieces etc.

Annoys me how i can dominate players like Fabregas but wank players like Aquilani, Behrami, Fortune and even Blackstock rip the shit out of me.

Get more stadiums.

Sort the lower leagues out a bit better with their stats. Waghorn is like 66 speed when he's pretty fast in real life.

FIFA 11 disappointed me with the soundtrack. I hope to be hearing some more Damian Marley in FIFA 12.

Oh and sort the refs out as well, I'm sick of their shit decisions especially McBeanie. Arsehole.

Archived