Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Real Madrid Tickets

So long as these supposed 'plastics' and non Leicester fans actually pay their entrance fee, I'm not that arsed.

If we're going to be nazis and restrict it to just PASHUNITE Leicester fans then we may as well close one of the ends, because we wont sell out.

When Real Madrid played Shamrock Rovers in 2009, they got just under 11k. Their average attendance is just over 1k.

Now, before people scream WE'RE BIGGER THAN AN IRISH TEAM, the premise is still there. We will not sell out if we're going to start restricting it to Leicester fans only. What is the point, other than being principled (or just snobbish) of paying £1m to Real Madrid and not making the money back?

My point earlier was that there should be a system where proper fans get tickets ahead of the so-called 'plastics'. Obviously, I want a sell-out so the club makes as much money as possible, but I wouldn't want a proper fan losing out to someone there just to see RealMadrid, as some fans will lose out as they don't have a STH.

This could be done in a way where people who have 'x' bought tickets in the past get a chance to buy them first ahead of these 'plastics'.

My point earlier was that there should be a system where proper fans get tickets ahead of the so-called 'plastics'. Obviously, I want a sell-out so the club makes as much money as possible, but I wouldn't want a proper fan losing out to someone there just to see RealMadrid, as some fans will lose out as they don't have a STH.

This could be done in a way where people who have 'x' bought tickets in the past get a chance to buy them first ahead of these 'plastics'.

Please define what has been highlighted above.

People who actually support Leicester; not the so-called 'plastics' who just want to come cause Real Madrid are playing.

This doesn't mean you have to be a STH or go to majority of games as obviously a lot can't due to finances etc. But people who actually follow Leicester and support the club. It would be terrible for these to miss out on going because of people who just want to see Real Madrid and have shown no interest in Leicester.

It's a friendly, who cares?

If a supposed "real fan" wants to go so much, then they can get a ticket when it reaches general sale.

I really don't buy into this "plastics" thing, because if Real Madrid came to where I live (near Stoke) then I'd be straight there to watch the game, be it a Stoke fan or not.

I'm like many above who want genuine city fans in and that's it. A Liverpool fan at my work who's never been anfield and every week slags Leicester off intends to go to this and is the kind of person that just shouldn't be allowed in!

It's a friendly, who cares?

If a supposed "real fan" wants to go so much, then they can get a ticket when it reaches general sale.

I really don't buy into this "plastics" thing, because if Real Madrid came to where I live (near Stoke) then I'd be straight there to watch the game, be it a Stoke fan or not.

I'm not too bothered either way and I've been arguing that everyone has the right to go if they pay for their ticket but I can see the annoyance.

I've got mates who don't support City and take the piss out of me for being a fan but now Madrid are playing at the Walkers they want to come and watch.

They're free to if they really want but it does fook me off that they'll sit there and cheer city when it suits them, just because they actually want to come and see Madrid.

I'm not too bothered either way and I've been arguing that everyone has the right to go if they pay for their ticket but I can see the annoyance.

I've got mates who don't support City and take the piss out of me for being a fan but now Madrid are playing at the Walkers they want to come and watch.

They're free to if they really want but it does fook me off that they'll sit there and cheer city when it suits them, just because they actually want to come and see Madrid.

And if they want to pay £30+ for the privilege of doing so, what's the problem?

i suppose you would consider me a "plastic" fan seeing as i have only attended two walkers matches and live in france...

but i can assure you i am mad about leicester and i would love to play atletico aswell to avenge my dad's nicked flag and his covering in paella....

does anyone know when they are on sale?

I'd like to see how many of our 'proper fans' will be in Kettering on a Tuesday night? I remember there being so few I paid on the gate last time and that was on a Saturday.

Get there early Houdini and you might even get a game at centre back,.

The number of people getting so outrageously offended at (perhaps wrongly) being labelled "plastics" is cringeworthy. lol

Personally I won't be going to many (if any) Leicester games next season through university commitments, so by the apparent definition of "plastic" I'd definitely qualify. So? lol 'Kinell, there's bigger things to worry about.

And if they want to pay £30+ for the privilege of doing so, what's the problem?

The hypocrisy, thats what bothers me.

I'll happily bring along my glory hunting mates if they'll cheer on city, which they usually do, but it's when they then go and take the piss a couple weeks later.

Archived