Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Real Madrid Tickets

I've said this before and I shall say it again.

You should only be allowed to go to the Real Madrid friendly if you went to 5 or more home games last season, I think thats fair to be honest. Why should the plastics be allowed to go when they only want to see Real Madrid, do they support them no? there you go then.

I agree with some fans wanting to only see Real Madrid and not leicester, but i support leicester and i always will but i only managed to go to 4 game this season, (Barnsley away, Forest, Cardiff and Reading at home) does that mean im not allowed to go?

In a way, yes. They wouldn't normally come to watch Leicester so why should they be allowed in because Real Madrid are playing at the Walkers?

Ashley are you saying that anyone who didn't go to 5 home games last season is a "plastic"?

I spent half the season in Mumbai and the 9,000 mile round trip was a bit of an ask. Am I not allowed to go?

Ashley are you saying that anyone who didn't go to 5 home games last season is a "plastic"?

I spent half the season in Mumbai and the 9,000 mile round trip was a bit of an ask. Am I not allowed to go?

Of course you're not, are you insane? Why should you get to go?

To those people, particularly LargeAl slagging me off earlier in the thread, would you be happy sitting next to somebody wearing a Man Utd shirt?

For a friendly I'm not too bothered. The result doesn't matter, I want to see a good game and I'd rather people did what you say for a game that doesn't matter.

League and Cup matches are a different situation, but for this one I don't see a huge problem with "plastics" or whoever turning up.

No. What my point is, that I don't want no other none supporting Leicester fan to be in the stadium which I think is fair, why should they be allowed in when they don't support Leicester? I just don't want no glorly supporting ****wits in the ground. Genuine Leicester fans yes, all day long.

Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, Charlton etc piss off :)

My logic behind the 5 games thing was for the none Leicester fans really. I just don't want non Leicester fans in the ground, it will happen but I guantee the won't attend a game at the Walkers again unless the 'team the support' :rolleyes: plays there?

Am I wrong for saying that?

No. What my point is, that I don't want no other none supporting Leicester fan to be in the stadium which I think is fair, why should they be allowed in when they don't support Leicester? I just don't want no glorly supporting ****wits in the ground. Genuine Leicester fans yes, all day long.

Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, Charlton etc piss off :)

My logic behind the 5 games thing was for the none Leicester fans really. I just don't want non Leicester fans in the ground, it will happen but I guantee the won't attend a game at the Walkers again unless the 'team the support' :rolleyes: plays there?

You failed to answer my question earlier when I asked you about this because you haven't given a valid reason.

There are no restrictions as to who can go to any football game. They are paying for the 'privelege' and so they are welcome to watch, after all a packed stadium is better than a two thirds full stadium, even if a few thousand are plastic.

And as for 'genuine' well what defines that? Are you asking the club to make up a guideline for what constitutes a genuine fan that all must adhere to?

Or are you just going to ask people on the turnstiles if their 'genuine' or not and accept what they say?

At what point does someone go from a genuine fan who hasn't been able to make a game in a couple seasons to someone who just isn't putting in enough effort?

What about someone who moves abroad and knows they won't be able to attend for years? Are they still genuine? You can't just pigeon-hole people like you seem to want to, it's not that clear cut.

I agree with not particularly wanting them too, thats not the issue. The issue is that anyone has a right to be able to go if they do so wish.

It's not up for the club to decide who should be allowed in and who shouldn't, nevermind us.

Did you just read my last post lol

yes I did.

you said you didn't want anyone who didn't support Leicester to go, I don't know if it's me but that seems a sure way to stop the fan base broadening.

If people come to see us play Real Madrid, they may think it's worth coming to more local games where they can watch live football. Especially teenagers who support "the big four" but then actually realize they're only going to see them once a year, so start supporting Leicester, I know that this has happened to alot of guys in my year.

yes I did.

you said you didn't want anyone who didn't support Leicester to go, I don't know if it's me but that seems a sure way to stop the fan base broadening.

If people come to see us play Real Madrid, they may think it's worth coming to more local games where they can watch live football. Especially teenagers who support "the big four" but then actually realize they're only going to see them once a year, so start supporting Leicester, I know that this has happened to alot of guys in my year.

Yup, this happens loads actually. They go along with a mate, realize its a bit of a buzz and decide to come more often and are sometimes converted.

yes I did.

I would love our fanbase to get bigger yes no problem with that at all however I don't know many people who have supported any of the big four and have been converted should they be converted then good, why didn't they realise this from the start? :giggle:

I just don't agree with people like scousefox saying he's going to be bringing his liverpool and everton supporting mates down with him - will they be converted to a supporting Leicester? Doubt it, or Lamby wanting to come to the game and he supports Charlton. Its wrong if you ask me.

You failed to answer my question earlier when I asked you about this because you haven't given a valid reason.

There are no restrictions as to who can go to any football game. They are paying for the 'privelege' and so they are welcome to watch, after all a packed stadium is better than a two thirds full stadium, even if a few thousand are plastic.

And as for 'genuine' well what defines that? Are you asking the club to make up a guideline for what constitutes a genuine fan that all must adhere to?

Or are you just going to ask people on the turnstiles if their 'genuine' or not and accept what they say?

At what point does someone go from a genuine fan who hasn't been able to make a game in a couple seasons to someone who just isn't putting in enough effort?

What about someone who moves abroad and knows they won't be able to attend for years? Are they still genuine? You can't just pigeon-hole people like you seem to want to, it's not that clear cut.

I agree with not particularly wanting them too, thats not the issue. The issue is that anyone has a right to be able to go if they do so wish.

It's not up for the club to decide who should be allowed in and who shouldn't, nevermind us.

Because it will stop normal Leicester fans who can only come to some games from stop getting tickets that's why.

Some posters have posted on here before about traveling up or down to Leicester once or twice a year because of the cost for them. Parent(s) plus kids, petrol, tickets, food and drink cost they can't do it all the time, doesn't make them any less or a Leicester fan does it.

I just think its wrong that scousefox friends and possibly lamby will be attending when they don't support Leicester and only coming to see Real Madrid.

Its wrong if you ask me and this is MY opinion on it :thumbup:

Just like to state that I was actually taking the piss, none of my friends care about Leicester or Real Madrid playing Leicester, and will not be attending. Keep the plastics away.

Spot on.

Our fans are ridiculous, 'keep the plastics away but I'm bringing 10 mates who have never watched Leicester before... etc. etc.'

So all the people moaning on here have never been to a non Leicester game as a neutral fan before?

At the end of the day we have (for arguments sake) 14,000 season ticket holders. Lets say that 2,000 of them will be on holiday for the game so thats 12,000 people who will probably come leaving over 20,000 tickets up for grabs to members and general sale. The people who want them will get them so long as they try and buy them on the day of sale.

does anyone know when these tickets actually go on sale !!!!!!!

In order to put an end to the squabbling, the ticket office have advised that there will be a "Olympics style" ballot for tickets to the RM and Kettering games. I have managed to find a way to beat the system (i got all the tickets i wanted for the olympics)... send me your credit card numbers and details and i will take care of everything. :):thumbup:

So long as these supposed 'plastics' and non Leicester fans actually pay their entrance fee, I'm not that arsed.

If we're going to be nazis and restrict it to just PASHUNITE Leicester fans then we may as well close one of the ends, because we wont sell out.

When Real Madrid played Shamrock Rovers in 2009, they got just under 11k. Their average attendance is just over 1k.

Now, before people scream WE'RE BIGGER THAN AN IRISH TEAM, the premise is still there. We will not sell out if we're going to start restricting it to Leicester fans only. What is the point, other than being principled (or just snobbish) of paying £1m to Real Madrid and not making the money back?

Archived