Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Elders Scrolls V Skyrim

If you want a challenge, go climb Everest.

Games are meant to be fun. Having to fight the same boss seven thousand times because the game punishes the tiniest mistakes isn't "fun." There's a reason "extreme" games (Ikaruga shits all over Dark Souls in terms of challenge) are cult, minority games for a few people - people don't want to be pulling their hair out.

Dark Souls isn't a "better game" you just like it more because it suits your tastes.

What? I've played it for 46 hours, and I've not had one freeze. Even pre-patch

Really? I'm only 2 hours in, and it has frozen for more then 5 seconds at least 7 or 8 times, from the tutorial onwards. Once it crashed for about 30 secs. Have you installed yours to hard drive? Maybe it's something to do with memory, because I'm using the 4gb slim one without an external hard drive.

Really? I'm only 2 hours in, and it has frozen for more then 5 seconds at least 7 or 8 times, from the tutorial onwards. Once it crashed for about 30 secs. Have you installed yours to hard drive? Maybe it's something to do with memory, because I'm using the 4gb slim one without an external hard drive.

It crashed on me tonight while I was completing the siege of Windhelm - the final quest on the Imperial Legion storyline. There was lots going on - probably a memory issue. That's the only in-game crash I've had. The other crashes were on load screens - nothing happened and eventually the screen went black. I haven't had any framerate issues at all either and I still haven't downloaded the patch.

Mine's installed to a 120gb HDD

What a surprise. Never saw it coming.

No, Dark Souls is a better game because it forces you to play at a high difficulty. There is no margin for error, no quick fix. Eventually Skyrim becomes nothing more than a game where you constantly strive to keep the quest log down to a minimum. There are so many quests that after a few hours worth of play, it's quite easy to forget how you got half of the quests in the first place and what you're meant to do with them. Fast tracking from one area to the next becomes commonplace. When completing a quest one enemy is quite often more difficult than the rest and the game constantly reminds you that the difficulty can be adjusted in combat situations. As a result, in order to tick off another quest, the temptation to water down the difficulty becomes too hard to resist.

Ok so it may be my fault that I am adjusting the game to make it easier, but the fact that it's possible is it's major flaw. The challenge isn't there.

It's a pretty game, it's decent, I like it, but it's too open and too big. It's Oblivion with all the trimings added.

Finding the right balance is difficult. The major flaw in FFXIII, for example, was that it was too damn linear. The flaw with this is that it's too open. The right balance isn't there imo.

Found this. Although biased, some good points are made...

http://www.eurogamer...k-souls-article

lol lol

You CANNOT make forced difficulty a reason for it being a better game. I have no temptatation to lower the difficulty at any point if I can't do a bit I go away and try and do something else, which given there is so much to do is easy, and then I come back when I think I have the means to deal with the previously too difficult scenario. If you lowering difficulty to make things easier for yourself then you are to blame not the game, there is no flaw there whatsoever.

That article has a few decent points but like most of the people who commented on it, I really do disagree with most of it. The two big arguement just does not cut it with me I think the game has all the detail of DS, from what I've seen of it anyway, and there is a huge amout of very varied and well thought out content.

I have now finished all main faction quests. Lvl 30.

Main quest to do.

Preferred the thieves guild quests out of all of them. Imperial Legion was boring.

It is rather boring, although the sword the general gives you at the end is the muts. Rapes anything if you keep it charged.

It is rather boring, although the sword the general gives you at the end is the muts. Rapes anything if you keep it charged.

Which sword is this called? I put everything I don't use in the chest in the house I got but I must have over 100 objects in it by now.

I'm over 50 hours into this game and I still haven't visited the town of Falkreath. lol

Edited by Legend_in_blue

Which sword is this called? I put everything I don't use in the chest in the house I got but I must have over 100 objects in it by now.

I'm over 50 hours into this game and I still haven't visited the town of Falkreath. lol

40 hours and same. Riften and Whiterun are my most visited.