Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Peltier Deal Agreed

Huddersfield fans now have so much respect... well, from me at least. Im sure I won't be the only one though. Cheers lads :cheers:

its certainly refreshing not to have a bucket load of ' expected him to go to a better team' or ' its a sideways step for him'

nice set of fans.

Cheers for the info mate! You Huddersfield boys seem sad to see him go, which must be a good thing from our point of view..

Promotion for both of us would be nice... did you come to the walkers when we dropped into league one? If so what did you think?

Yeah I came to the Walkers and thought it was brilliant, particularly when we went 1-0 up and then 2-1 up. Ended up hating it though as you were too strong for us in the end and despite playing rather well that day you hammered us 4-2 :rolleyes:

Been before too as I came to support my Halifax Town supporting friend when they had a play-off final at your place against Hereford. Nice stadium and can generate some good atmosphere in there.

As for us, I just hope Pelts is the only one to go but I wouldn't be surprised if one of Smithies, Pilkington and Rhodes didn't start getting itchy feet as well (although Pilks has just overcome a broken leg so any transfer would be a big gamble on the buyers part). We've already got a replacement for Peltier and a young midfielder so here's hoping with unearthed a few more gems for the future. Just gotta get out of this damn league so we can keep hold of em all ;)

why cant clubs just tell us what they paid for a player, never seen him play just hope he's up to the job.

I know annoying isn't it. Always undisclosed these days. As a terrier i can promise you there is no doubt he is up to the job. Lad is an absolute class act on and off the field. I just wish every player had the same attitude as him. He's such a talented clever player and has pace to burn. Throws himself in to every challenge, doesn't shirk his responsibilities and the boy can play football (i'm guessing you've signed him to play RB but he's played as a defensive midfielder for us and looks class there as well). On the odd occasion he does get beat by a winger (it's gonna happen he's not Thuram or Maldini!!) his sheer pace means 9 out of 10 times he gets back anyway. Plus he very rarely gets skinned anyway. Going forward he's basically gonna be a second right winger for you, goes up and down the line like Usain Bolt, the amount of ground he covers knackers me just watching him. His one weakness is maybe his crossing, not always the best but he gets himself in positions to put the ball in there. Been watching Town 28 years and he's in my top 10 easily. Right move for all concerned i think (as much as im gutted he's gone). We've a young lad called Hunt who is looking like he's gonna be a white version of Pelts so it shouldn't be too massive a loss for us.

Anyway bit of a long first post for me lol but just wanted to let you chaps know you've got a right player and a million quid (if its about that) is certainly not too much. Hope you go up and i can watch him being a better RB than Glen Johnson on MOTD in a year or 2.

Good bye Pelts and thank you

Pelts is definitely a passionate player. He's quick, he's honest, he's strong and he's skillful. Clearly he's spent most of his time in the lower leagues so he will need a period of adjustment but I think he'll make the transition comfortably. I reckon you're going to get the best years from a very promising young footballer, he now has to show you and the Championship what he's capable of. I don't think he'll disappoint you.

theres a young forward at huddersfield called "rhodes" and hes shit hot!!!! young lad like peltier so would of thought there good mates.

Jordan Rhodes is a decent league 1 striker but not good enough for this level. Played with a friend of mine at Ipswich and was let go, we wont be after him.

Oh he's also a pretty good commentator lol Did a bit when he was out suspended. Clip of him here, he's the one shouting YES!! after we scored http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=55323

A right lad!!

Edit - Just realised it's on Youtube

It almost makes it a little bit more bearable to loose a player when you know he loved playing for the team... and that enthusiasm he showed " YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!" lol you know he enjoyed his time there immensley.

:thumbup:

Archived