Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Peltier Deal Agreed

Are people blind? I posted the BBC link like two posts above Milsey's and someone posted the same link in the HTFC Peltier topic in the Transfers section.... SmileyFacepalm.png

They also asked the same question as me, which simmo answered and then someone asked it again?! lol

Are people blind? I posted the BBC link like two posts above Milsey's and someone posted the same link in the HTFC Peltier topic in the Transfers section.... SmileyFacepalm.png

They also asked the same question as me, which simmo answered and then someone asked it again?! lol

It was a merged thread that somebody posted.

Lee Peltier admits he is a no-nonsense defender who enjoys a tackle, but insists he is not a hard man and has defended his disciplinary record.

Leicester City's new signing picked up 12 bookings and two red cards last season as Huddersfield Town reached the League One play-off final.

Two seasons ago he was booked 15 times while with Yeovil Town, but the 24-year-old said there was much more to his game.

Although he admits he loves to defend, City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson likes defenders who can get forward and join in the attack, and Peltier says that is an area of his game he has worked hard on to improve.

"I am not a nasty player, but I do try to win the ball," said Peltier, who was born in Liverpool and spent four years at his home-town club before spells at Hull, Yeovil and Huddersfield.

"I am committed. I think a lot of those (yellow and red cards) were a bit harsh. One red was a lashing out but it wasn't malicious, just a heat-of-the-moment thing.

"Early on I was an out-and-out full-back who just loved to defend. I am quite aggressive and like to get stuck in.

"At Huddersfield, under Derek Fazackerley and Lee Clark, they encouraged me to get forward more because modern full-backs have to be able to attack. I think I have improved that side of my game."

City assistant manager Fazackerley agrees. He worked with Peltier for 18 months when he was a coach at Huddersfield and rates him highly.

With a move to bring Tottenham Hotspur's Kyle Naughton back to the Walkers Stadium looking doubtful, City believe they have found a player capable of doing the job.

"He's a talented player who I know well from my time at Huddersfield and, at 24, there is room for more improvement still," said Fazackerley.

"We had problems fielding a consistent back four last season and, with little chance of bringing back Kyle, right-back was a position we were keen to fill quickly. We are delighted to have signed Lee."

The influence of Fazackerley and the draw of playing for Eriksson was a major factor in Peltier's decision to join City, but he said the club's ambition to reach the Premier League was the deal clincher.

"My first reaction when I heard Leicester were in for me was, 'let's do it'," said Peltier, who has signed a three-year contract after joining City for an undisclosed fee, believed to be around £750,000.

"The size of the club, the manager they have and the ambition the club has was a major influence.

"Sven is a great manager and I am looking forward to working under him so much. Anything he passes on to me will only help me improve as a player.

"I also know Derek Fazackerley from my time at Huddersfield. He is a great coach as well, so I am really looking forward to it.

"Faz (Fazackerley) knows what I am all about. I worked with him for a good year and a half and he obviously liked what he saw. I am grateful to him for that.

"I am an ambitious person and my goal is to be playing in the Premier League. I had to come to a club that could match my ambitions. This club has those ambitions. Hopefully, we will fulfil them together."

SSN

Leicester City signed Lee Peltier on a three-year contract from Huddersfield Town earlier in the week and Sven Goran Eriksson is confident the full-back will make the Foxes a stronger side.

Well he wouldn't have signed him if he didn't think that, would he?

SSN

Leicester City signed Lee Peltier on a three-year contract from Huddersfield Town earlier in the week and Sven Goran Eriksson is confident the full-back will make the Foxes a stronger side.

Well he wouldn't have signed him if he didn't think that, would he?

Hahaha nothing like stating the obvious...

Almost as good as "City's new owners are prepared to spend money to get into the Prem"

What next?

SVEN : "Welll...... we will definately have to score goals to win matches.."

• 2 years later...

Shows how little a lot of us know really.

Makes you wonder though - his record suggests that he really hasn't been that bad of a player. I really do wonder if it was our motives that season, or lack of them, that sent it pear shaped.

But when he was playing for us, the competition was hardly Figo and Nedved was it lol

They were truly depressing days.

For all Nige's faults he's at least given us some wins and quality football with aspirations beyond 15th in this division.

They were truly depressing days.

For all Nige's faults he's at least given us some wins and quality football with aspirations beyond 15th in this division.

I dread to think what a lot of our fans would've been like back then given how a lot of them have been over the past year.

Archived